Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Thanks Prompto for taking pictures so I don't have to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Possible fixes for possible various issues:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/03/09/final-fantasy-xv-fix-stuttering-problem-with-mouse-input/

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Help I want to go back

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shoehead posted:

Help I want to go back

We went over the inability to go bactus from cactus

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Whoever designed Coeurls is a loving rear end in a top hat.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If youre trying to do the coeurl hunts id recommend leaving that to be done until you have access to meals that prevent instant death attacks. Theyre utter bastards.

Ketchupface
Aug 1, 2010
this game is so unbelievably good

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Ketchupface posted:

this game is so unbelievably good

it's ok?

I never really understood the action combat mechanics on my PS4 playthrough though. Enemies have high stagger thresholds and no real animation tells for when they're about to attack or defend so you just kind of end up trading blows. I'm probably just missing something really important here.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
The RPG conundrum - do you A) Mainline the story quest and miss most of the sidequest content cause after saving a world on the brink of death from some otherworldly power it sounds boring af to go kill 5 crabs, or B) Do all sidequests and see all of the content at appropriate times, but make the story quest a cakewalk from being way overpowered?

I'm really digging having done A for my first go on PS4 months ago, and going route B this time on PC. First at Ch3 and now at Ch6 I'm doing aallll the SQs and hunts I can stomach while doing Nixperience Ring+camp XP boosts into 1.5x hotel stays. Some of the hunts are tough, all the extra items and gil are great, and after the original plain playthrough it's hilarious to hop back to a story quest and nuke the bejeesus out of the end of area bosses :black101:. Anyone going with option A) of just cranking through the story, don't be me the first time where I sold almost all of the treasure type items I picked up. Instead, do a handful of hunts when they're closeby and just sell old and redundant weapons/accessories - you'll get plenty of money that way and the treasures are a big part of magic crafting.

Anyone know if the Expericast magic is a flat bonus? As in, if I'm lvl ~40 at Ch.6 and kind of minmaxing, does it matter if I go ahead and burn up coins crafting XP magic and using it, or will I get a bigger/more efficient bonus if I save it for down the road when I have more coins to stack to skip through levels at like 60+?

Heads up summons are 2 stronk and knock the framerate down to like 15-20 fps for a lot of folks (everyone?) after they finish for like 10 minutes. If that hits you, just save as soon as you can, quit to menu, and reload.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

"We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold."

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Earlier in the thread, someone was stressin about Magitek soldiers continually raiding their poo poo. What's worked for me so far has been keeping a second-tier spell (Fira, Blizzara, Thundara) on hand and just dropping it on them as they deploy from the shuttle. Quick, clean, and you got tons of free buff items :)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Anyone have advice for actually controlling the game

Like control schemes, should've targeting or locking on or free aiming or some mix or what

Should I Vbe in Wait

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There is no actual downside to wait mode. All it does is during a battle if you stop touching buttons for a short period of time it pauses everything letting you freely look around, target enemies, or libra them.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
This game is really fun. And daunting.
I hit chapter 3, well, not really started it as I did a couple of quests during it.

But drat, this map is big and full of quests and hunts. This is what I wanted from a final fantasy game! Is it wrong that I look forward every time my party rests to see the pictures Prompto took?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just had Prompto take a special photo and this happened:

Imagine being as owned as Gladio must have felt right then.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

IAmTheRad posted:

This game is really fun. And daunting.
I hit chapter 3, well, not really started it as I did a couple of quests during it.

But drat, this map is big and full of quests and hunts. This is what I wanted from a final fantasy game! Is it wrong that I look forward every time my party rests to see the pictures Prompto took?

it is not wrong, those photos are the core of the gameplay loop and whoever thought up that mechanic should have been given an immediate and extravagant raise

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Those photos are why I refuse to do exp banking stuff, if I'm not resting at literally every possible opportunity I might miss out on some good photos and that's worth way more than efficient usage of EXP.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do you take photos with a steam controller?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Infinity Gaia posted:

Those photos are why I refuse to do exp banking stuff, if I'm not resting at literally every possible opportunity I might miss out on some good photos and that's worth way more than efficient usage of EXP.

equip the nixperience band foo'

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The White Dragon posted:

equip the nixperience band foo'

Honestly even without using it and resting at every opportunity only mildly efficiently I'm already overlevelled as gently caress for the main plot. I'll probably start using it once I actually decide to get serious about grinding out levels or something, but as it stands I'm level 40 in chapter 3 anyways...

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

is there a lot of deadzone on the camera controls for anyone else? doesn't seem like my gamepad is messed up but i can't tell for sure

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

MazelTovCocktail posted:

How do you take photos with a steam controller?

The same as any other controller, if you haven't changed anything. Right trigger, then left or right on the d-pad until you get to the camera menu.

Though I imagine most of the photos posted in the thread were taken automatically by the game, not by the player.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

MinorRed posted:

The same as any other controller, if you haven't changed anything. Right trigger, then left or right on the d-pad until you get to the camera menu.

Though I imagine most of the photos posted in the thread were taken automatically by the game, not by the player.

The game takes way better pictures than I do. So what :(

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Is there a way to play this dual screen?

I heard all about how it runs triple screen ultra wide resolutions, but Id be interested just to try it on my dual 1980x1080s ... I see theres an option for which monitor to display on for me, but no dual screen resolutions under the resolution option

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I was just messing around doing sidequests in chapter 4 and ended up with the Ultima Blade, which is pretty sick.

edit: is this actually the strongest non arm weapon i stumbled onto or is there more stuff later? Cause right now it completely outclasses everything.

Clever Spambot fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Mar 10, 2018

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Clever Spambot posted:

I was just messing around doing sidequests in chapter 4 and ended up with the Ultima Blade, which is pretty sick.

edit: is this actually the strongest non arm weapon i stumbled onto or is there more stuff later? Cause right now it completely outclasses everything.

It's not the strongest sword, but it's pretty close.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Gosh the fight music in this game is fantastic, especially the version that seems to play for Niff encounters

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Does the PC version have a limit to how many photos you can save?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Does the PC version have a limit to how many photos you can save?

Yeah, sorry.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

MinorRed posted:

wait you can take photos manually?? :monocle:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Is being able to rent a 'bo the point where I can gently caress off and do whatever or should I proceed farther with the story

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

botany posted:

Yes but you need to go learn the option and it costs a tech bar. Also, only during battle I believe.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

botany posted:

hit R2 or whatever your items are set to and tab left or right until it says camera

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yes but you need to go learn the option and it costs a tech bar. Also, only during battle I believe.

It's in the 'use an item' menu outside of battle, just on a separate 'tab'

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Ciaphas posted:

Is being able to rent a 'bo the point where I can gently caress off and do whatever or should I proceed farther with the story

Having a chocobo makes sidequesting easier so yeah, gently caress off as much as you want. Keep in mind that you will rapidly outlevel the story content though, if you care about that.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Not enough story yet to make me care, frankly Hometown Blows Up was just prologue :v:

Thanks though, we’ll see whether I enjoy loving around or not in this game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I would continue on to meet Iris since you want the monster truck at some point.

I also had to end a session today because the car was stuck in infinite u-turn->stuck at bar->reset. Couldn't do anything because Ignis was driving and the sequence was started because Prompto wanted a picture taken.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I had to crank my settings down to Average instead of High because I ran into my first hunt (Lich x3) that crashes my game because I only have 16gb of ram :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I just replayed the Cup Noodles quest and, man, for all that I love them, I forgot just how great everybody truly was.

• Locked thread