Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will John Cena's Wrestlemania match be?
This poll is closed.
Cena vs Undertaker 4 13.33%
Cena vs Shinsuke vs AJ 1 3.33%
Cena vs Heath Slater 6 20.00%
Cena is special guest host at WWF World Restaurant 14 46.67%
THE BIG DOG! 5 16.67%
Total: 30 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

John Cena kicks off SmackDown LIVE looking for a WrestleMania opportunity
John Cena, who has blown opportunity after opportunity after opportunity to get a match at Wrestlemania, has decided to return to the show he largely abandoned to get his match at Wrestlemania that way. Will he ask Shinsuke Nakamura, the man who beat him at Royal Rumble, to put up his title shot? Or get inserted into the Fastlane main event alongside Ziggler and Corbin to further wreck Sami, Kevin AND AJ's day? Will he insist that his lack of presence on the Smackdown Top 10 list means he should get a title shot like all the other guys who aren't on the list that are getting title shots? Will he try to take back the US Open Challenge from Bobby Roode? Will he fly into a rage at Charlotte's PPV winning streak causing confusion with his own number of championships and insist on fighting her for the Women's Title? Is he going to convince Rockstar Spud he should be in the Cruiserweight Tournament? The only way to find out is to watch Smackdown (also to not watch it and get the results later)

Naomi steps up to answer Ruby Riott’s challenge
Last week, Ruby Riott pinned Becky Lynch in Six-Woman Tag Team action, getting a title opportunity at WWE Fastlane in the process. That didn’t stop the Riott Squad leader from calling out one of the champion’s closest allies, Naomi, promising to knock her lights out.

Sami Zayn battles Baron Corbin ahead of WWE Fastlane Fatal 5-Way
Last week’s SmackDown LIVE went off the air with Baron Corbin standing tall, having planted Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn into the canvas with End of Days after the two tried to attack him following his grueling loss to WWE Champion AJ Styles. Though he was not victorious, The Lone Wolf sent a message that he will be a serious threat during the WWE Championship Fatal 5-Way at WWE Fastlane. Corbin will get another opportunity at payback tonight on SmackDown LIVE when he goes one-on-one with Zayn. Will Zayn be able to escape the wrath of The Lone Wolf?

The Usos and The New Day renew their rivalry ahead of WWE Fastlane
The New Day defeated Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin last week to earn a SmackDown Tag Team Title opportunity at WWE Fastlane. Standing between Kofi Kingston, Big E & Xavier Woods and a fifth reign as tag team champions are their longtime rivals, The Usos. Last year, these teams engaged in a legendary rivalry that tore the house down at several events, culminating in a vicious war inside Hell in a Cell, which Jimmy & Jey won. They reached a truce, showing respect for each other before going their separate ways, but fate has brought them back together on The Road to WrestleMania. The squads will come face-to-face tonight, but what will happen in the latest chapter of their rivalry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Wow Jerusalem, no poll asking who is cooler? THE BIG DOG or Huge Loser John Cena?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Wow Jerusalem, no poll asking who is cooler? THE BIG DOG or Huge Loser John Cena?

LOOK CLOSER, LENNY!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
give heath slater a wm moment it is The Right Thing To Do

bartok
May 10, 2006

Rapid Doo

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

ahahahahaha they accidentally gave cena the bludgeon brothers namebar

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

the bludgeon brother john cena

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the poll should be "is seth rollins white?"

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
i went to wwf world my first time in nyc in like 98 or whenever it first opened. the food wasnt too good and it was like a weird art gallery with like five props and some tvs. thats my story

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
john cena begging for title matches is a kind of sad weird turn

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan and Shane should come out and say,"John if you wanted to negotiate why didn't you call us before the show started....?"

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Ugh seriously John? What you're asking is a handout. They really needed to frame this poo poo better.

WHY IS SHANE COMING OUT, ITS A DANIEL BRYAN ISSUE.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I hope Shane says lol no you keep appearing on raw

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

John Cena's idea of what does and does not qualify as a handout is eclectic and variable.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
john cena sucks

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
they should make him work up from nxt house shows to wm in six weeks. you can do it john

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

I like Shane's shoes.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
John Cena is a RINO. No respectable republican asks for a handout like he is.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

CarlCX posted:

John Cena's idea of what does and does not qualify as a handout is eclectic and variable.

john cena: charismatic bum

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Road Dogg sucks

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Well that's another two weeks off TV for Rusev.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Daniel Bryan: Oh I have nothing to add, I just wanted to remind everybody I beat John Cena with The Knee That Beat John Cena. Well, goodnight folks! :wave:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

bradzilla posted:

Road Dogg sucks

:yeah:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

bradzilla posted:

Road Dogg sucks

Oh you didn't know?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

john cena has to defeat daniel bryan IN HIS REDEBUT TONIGHT IN THE MAIN EVENT

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Daniel Bryan: Oh I have nothing to add, I just wanted to remind everybody I beat John Cena with The Knee That Beat John Cena. Well, goodnight folks! :wave:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

John Cena, you will be working WrestleMania. You will be serving hot dogs and nachos at our fan greeting vendor station!!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Listen to those boo for the evil heel Daniel Bryan.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
a 6th grader could write a better script than WWE's writing department right now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cena vs AJ? Please let it just be no shenanigans/a straight up match between the two. Don't get involved Shane, please don't get involved

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Cena is going to go over AJ Styles right before Wrestlemania lmao

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I was sure he was gonna say Orton.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

That's a good main for TV. But this whole premise is garbage, just have him go against Jinder at Mania and get it over with.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Cena vs AJ? Please let it just be no shenanigans/a straight up match between the two. Don't get involved Shane, please don't get involved

Lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

WWE should add Daniel Bryan to the Ronda/Kurt team and Shane to the Steph/Trips team. Make their dumb ego stroking for WM into a 6 man tag since that's every other match these days.

bartok
May 10, 2006

here I was hoping we'd get Nakamura/Cena at Fastlane like an idiot

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Sorry Finn and Sasha you guys arent ending the streak

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Baron Corbin posted:

Cena is going to go over AJ Styles right before Wrestlemania lmao

Pretty sure the story they're telling is John failing over and over and getting more desperate. He'll fail against AJ then call out Shinsuke and fail against him and in the end be begging for the Taker match.

AJ is so protected at this point I'm fairly sure they're not going to have John go over him on a random Smackdown without a lot of shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

bartok posted:

here I was hoping we'd get Nakamura/Cena at Fastlane like an idiot

Hahahahahahahaha you dumb gently caress.

• Locked thread