Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will John Cena's Wrestlemania match be?
This poll is closed.
Cena vs Undertaker 4 13.33%
Cena vs Shinsuke vs AJ 1 3.33%
Cena vs Heath Slater 6 20.00%
Cena is special guest host at WWF World Restaurant 14 46.67%
THE BIG DOG! 5 16.67%
Total: 30 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

bartok posted:

here I was hoping we'd get Nakamura/Cena at Fastlane like an idiot

That's Cena's next plan if he loses to AJ.

"I'm not asking for a handout! I just want a match with Nakamura and the winner gets his Wrestlemania title shot."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Baron Corbin posted:

a 6th grader could write a better script than WWE's writing department right now

To be fair, it doesn't matter who is writing what, because even if Vince McMahon approves it, gets solidly behind it, pushes heavily for it etc... 5 minutes before the show starts he'll suddenly throw it all out the window in favor of reenacting the scene in Bojack Horseman where he takes a shitload of drugs so he can write his memoirs in 3 days.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Le Saboteur posted:

Pretty sure the story they're telling is John failing over and over and getting more desperate. He'll fail against AJ then call out Shinsuke and fail against him and in the end be begging for the Taker match.

It's honestly not a bad story, but it would only really be complete if it ended with him actually just missing WM.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

Pretty sure the story they're telling is John failing over and over and getting more desperate. He'll fail against AJ then call out Shinsuke and fail against him and in the end be begging for the Taker match.

Serious question are they going to let John break Flair's record while Ric is still alive or are they going to do that for next Mania? Since Vince will finally have climaxed and have pushed Roman winning at Mania.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

a new study bible! posted:

It's honestly not a bad story, but it would only really be complete if it ended with him actually just missing WM.

John's probably one of the safest workers in the company. He'll lay Taker down in an AA like he's putting him to sleep on a bed of pillows.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
How is Smackdown so far?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fart blood posted:

How is Smackdown so far?

Nothing but a promo by Cena so far, with Daniel Bryan announcing Cena can get into the Fastlane title match if he can beat AJ Styles in the main event tonight.

Edit: Also according to a sign, Corbin doesn't wash his hands

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
"you look like duke nukem" lmao

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Every year someone should call it Undertaker and every year he just comes out and says "Holy poo poo I AM XX YEARS OLD! I AM TOO OLD FOR THIS poo poo, gently caress OFF!"

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

fart blood posted:

How is Smackdown so far?

Cena Styles for TV main, Zayn vs Corbin right now.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

ahah KO

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

KO has good merch

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

kevin should stay on the desk all night please

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Why are you staring at me with such intensity, Baron Corbin!?!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Sotar posted:

Every year someone should call it Undertaker and every year he just comes out and says "Holy poo poo I AM XX YEARS OLD! I AM TOO OLD FOR THIS poo poo, gently caress OFF!"

They should go on his lawn and he pulls his gun and he shoots around them as a warning.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Ehhhhhhhhhhh I wish KO would tone it down a bit on commentary. He is good but it is too much.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sequel to The Town looking good

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

All white people are interchangeable.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The Corbin burn is so good.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i love kevin owens on commentary so much, its hilarious.

thank you, daniel >:(

bartok
May 10, 2006

LOL KO destroying Baron on commentary

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sotar posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhhh I wish KO would tone it down a bit on commentary. He is good but it is too much.

Look what you've done, now you've agreed with Shane McMahon and are tainted forever by association!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hahahaha that linger on Shane's nodding head I swear one of them were about to break character.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Good job, Baron Corbin

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
I take it back. KO should do commentary forever.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Jiro posted:

All white people are interchangeable.

i didn't know seth was armenian but i really doubt many people would consider syrians white

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Tom Phillips really hosed up that throw to commercial.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's been a while, how long has smackdown been doing the thing where they show other people watching the match that is currently happening?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

They really should have booked KO interference during Shane and Daniel's conversation.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The rare good tweet from Lance Storm.

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/968356624380432389?s=20

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Look what you've done, now you've agreed with Shane McMahon and are tainted forever by association!

*throws myself off a 30 fooot structure to lukewarm pop*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

drat, that's pretty solid hashtag use from Storm.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jerusalem posted:

Nothing but a promo by Cena so far, with Daniel Bryan announcing Cena can get into the Fastlane title match if he can beat AJ Styles in the main event tonight.

Edit: Also according to a sign, Corbin doesn't wash his hands

I'm convinced that Cena's gonna win and the match will be a "Fatal Ten Way!" by the time it happens.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Sotar posted:

*throws myself off a 30 fooot structure to lukewarm pop*

man, i liked you a lot better when steve blackman was kicking your rear end. because im the steve blackman mark.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So Bryan's just a heel now, right?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cena: :haw:
*Jericho's music hits*
Lance: Erm, actually, Thrillseekers grudge match is probably a better draw...
Cena: :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I'm convinced that Cena's gonna win and the match will be a "Fatal Ten Way!" by the time it happens.

Shane gently explains to AJ that because Daniel Bryan has lost all perspective, that Shane is removing AJ from the match and putting himself in it, and he will defend AJ's title on his behalf.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

shiksa posted:

man, i liked you a lot better when steve blackman was kicking your rear end. because im the steve blackman mark.

WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT?!?! DO I HAVE TO JUMP OFF A 50 FOOT STRUCTURE TO GET YOU ALL TO LOVE ME?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

"I don't like your hair."
"I'm sorry you feel that way."

• Locked thread