Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Brainwrong posted:

Evidence that no matter how bad this thread gets, it will never be reddit-bad

Also, that is the top rated post in the F1 sub at the moment

I have cancer now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I'm trying to be optimistic enough to imagine that he will listen and learn why he is wrong, which in fact makes me the stupider person.
No, cause I'm right.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

No, cause I'm right.

You're actually not, dumbass. Rain is "the great equalizer" because you lose grip and better drivers are better able to find the new limit. It has literally absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with equalizing engine power, which makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Max is bad in the rain because he's neither good at finding the limit in difficult conditions (like Hamilton) or capable of mastering changing conditions and wildly varying setups (like Button).

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Brainwrong posted:

Evidence that no matter how bad this thread gets, it will never be reddit-bad

Also, that is the top rated post in the F1 sub at the moment

how can something be true and give you aids at the same time

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rain still acts as "the great equalizer" in series in which engine performance is largely or even exactly the same across all cars, so this is the point at which you realize you're dumb as poo poo and stop posting about this (not a mirror and my monitor is on).

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

- Red Bulls run a concept that is heavily compromised on a wet track
- Both Red Bulls are seconds off the pace
Thread: MAX BAD LOMAOAROFL

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Khablam posted:

- Red Bulls run a concept that is heavily compromised on a wet track
- Both Red Bulls are seconds off the pace
Thread: MAX BAD LOMAOAROFL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

-Speed traps show massive differential between Merc/Ferrari and Renault
Thread: ENGINES ARE THE SAME

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR THIS VIDEO you absolute bastard

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*best engine on the grid
*Spun out in Germany and loses the race

No guys rain totally gently caress up the engines

Pd: gently caress you Vettel you binman
PDD : #ForzaFerrari

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Rain is good because it mixes things up. There's more of a chance of teams getting caught out on tire strategy in changing conditions. At the same time, teams willing to roll the dice a bit might hit on a lucky early/late compound change and make big gains. Drivers (even good ones) can make small mistakes that cost them large time penalties. It's also fun to watch the cars getting twitchy, and the drivers having to work extra hard.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Rain is good because farmers.

Jesus, learn something about F1.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

gently caress, I forgot the farmers!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK5G8fPmWeA

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Grosjean should stay in f1 forever bc his fuckups own, in fact they should let him crash out a random number of drivers each race. The number will be from the hundredths place of his joker lap timing

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

this, so much this

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
When Lewis went to Mercedes, I was like, "BENIMARU? BLEH, DO YOU LIKE LOSING?"

I was wrong.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I still don't understand why people would think Mercedes was a bad F1 team to be on. Has no one looked at the historical record of Mercedes GP racing? The only team with a higher win rate is, like, Brawn

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Khablam posted:

-Speed traps show massive differential between Merc/Ferrari and Renault
Thread: ENGINES ARE THE SAME

I don't know what type of brain disease made you a Max fan, but I think it is time you saw a doctor

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi

You Am I posted:

I don't know what type of brain disease made you a Max fan, but I think it is time you saw a doctor

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Did you know that being a Scuderia Ferrari fan is scientifically proven to be the #1 leading cause of brain cancer?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I still don't understand why people would think Mercedes was a bad F1 team to be on. Has no one looked at the historical record of Mercedes GP racing? The only team with a higher win rate is, like, Brawn

Excluding Brawn, they are the most successful team in F1 History

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

NtotheTC posted:

Yeah F1 sure has gone downhill since <insert golden years of whatever generation you're from>

Since crooks ran all the teams. Corporate Team F1 is boring between races

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dubs posted:

Excluding Brawn, they are the most successful team in F1 History

If you exclude this stat then achktually, and furthermore here is my hypothesis on why Rei should be bred

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
You're all literally as loving terrible as these idiots, shut the gently caress up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMkLGW0CbIM

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

You Am I posted:

It's because he is FTW OP

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

GramCracker posted:

Did you know that being a Scuderia Ferrari fan is scientifically proven to be the #1 leading cause of brain cancer?

I think you've got the causation the wrong way around there

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Minto Took posted:

Fear Factory's Archetype loving ruled.

I am way late, but nothing compares do Demanufacture. Everything FF did after it was considered a disappointment.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I'm getting banned if Alonso doesn't win the title so you can take your "brave toxx" and shove it up your rear end.

Please... Brave he says... Im eating a ban if Vandoorne doesn't outscore Nando in the WDC.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
#ForzaFerrari

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Actually I think this thread can take credit for a large share of brain cancer causation too.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

You're all literally as loving terrible as these idiots, shut the gently caress up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMkLGW0CbIM

was that a irl reddit meet up i just saw?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

God I hate WTF1

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

BubbaGrace posted:

I am way late, but nothing compares do Demanufacture. Everything FF did after it was considered a disappointment.

Obsolete is my all-time favorite from them, but yeah, Demanufacture is a classic.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NtotheTC posted:

God I hate WTF1

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Minto Took posted:

Obsolete is my all-time favorite from them, but yeah, Demanufacture is a classic.

Same as hell.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Theophany posted:

Eau rouge is where you gently caress up. Radillion is where you die.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tuo posted:

That news report on Villeneuve binning it at Radillion and then Zonta going out immediately after the red flag and binning it even harder because of some dumb bet they made with each other will never not be hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

tuo posted:

"Flat through Eau Rouge" should give it away, since there's no way you could stay on through Radillion, but I wasn't enough of an F1 sperg to be able to define where the border is between the two, and I would have called that whole turn complex Eau Rouge. And then slapped the "actually..." guy with the pointer hand when he leaned in to tell me how technically wrong I was.