Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Vettel just got the 3 place penalty confirmed.
Happy wdc Lewis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

phwoar Seb presenting Lewis that WDC on a platter

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Brainwrong posted:

On the fence about everything?

This is an amazing post. :golfclap:

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Frond posted:

I could care less if they showed up.

Could or couldn't?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Scans the results and sees #ForzaFerrari are still a binman fraud team with binman fraud drivers who should leave the sport

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Vettel the worst Ferrari driver ever? At least the last 20 years?

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 19, 2018

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Is Vettel the worse Ferrari driver ever? At least the last 20 years?

Jean Alesi

e: I guess he just misses that cut off.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Alesi was better than Irvine.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Alesi loving owned you idiots. He just raced in the era of some of the worst Ferraris ever

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Glad to be here on reddit dot com, the website where everyone started watching F1 this year and no one remembers Luca Badoer.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I remember him being sacked from his long term testing role after filling in for one race. Was that after Massa was sprung?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Glad to be here on reddit dot com, the website where everyone started watching F1 this year and no one remembers Luca Badoer.

We are talking about proper Ferrari drivers. Would you also consider Mika Salo you gigantic baby?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ferrhahahari

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
ferrari suck so what

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

track day bro! posted:

Posting ITT to say that I'm not watching this garbage sport

You make me sick

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

Alesi loving owned you idiots. He just raced in the era of some of the worst Ferraris ever
What was his excuse in his other rides?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

We are talking about proper Ferrari drivers. Would you also consider Mika Salo you gigantic baby?

Turn your monitor

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Everyone knows the worst Ferrari driver was Nigel Mansell.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Also really loving weird that Nigel Mansell, the most British man imaginable and also the biggest piece of poo poo, was ever a Ferrari driver.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I was thinking more full time drivers. But yeah if we are doing part timers it’s this.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Wirth1000 posted:

Everyone knows the worst Ferrari driver was Nigel Mansell.

He was good in the Ferrari though, he just had a sub par 1990.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Frond posted:

No.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wasn't Their Nige the last driver Enzo himself signed? Way to go Enzo

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Frond posted:

Huh? Prost flogged him in the same car

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
lol Vettel. What a dumb fuckup.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

You Am I posted:

Huh? Prost flogged him in the same car

Prost was the best driver of the modern era.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Prost loving owns. Prownsts.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Alesi was a coulthard or a heinz harold or a webber. A decent race driver that got beat by better or more autistic ones. Rosberg would be here in this group too if it wasn't for hamilton's only demonstration of his humanity to date in losing to the worse guy for once.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
warning don't click this video it's about real race cars that really race unlike in F1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTsphmCn8mg

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
^ the true pinnacle of motorsports. The numbers don't lie.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

warning don't click this video it's about real race cars that really race unlike in F1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTsphmCn8mg

Top fuel dragsters are cool from an engineering perspective (they manage to completely fuse 5 clutch disks together every race, and the gearbox has to be fully replaced)

But that ain't really racing IMO. Two seconds of going straight. It requires its own skill but its more like a stunt than racing.

The pinnacle of motorsports has and will forever be Rally. Especially the fabled historic Group B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtC4RAFoiY8

Everything else is baby stuff. You race the same laps over and over? How quaint.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
They don't even have a gearbox. It's just that centrifugal clutch hooking up more and more the faster they go.

Plus the crazy poo poo whereby the tires end a run like 8 inches taller than they started.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

marshalljim posted:

They don't even have a gearbox. It's just that centrifugal clutch hooking up more and more the faster they go.

Plus the crazy poo poo whereby the tires end a run like 8 inches taller than they started.

That's true, there's no real gears or shifting.

And yeah, they also intentionally under-inflate the tires so they'll stretch and twist and warp and end up grabbing more contact area

Physics be damned

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
WRC cars have become batshit crazy again, it's pretty funny watching what would normally be an econobox go like the clappers through the Monte Carlo stages.

Also; "I'm Sebastian Vettel and this is Jackass."

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

marshalljim posted:

Yeah they don't fuse clutches either unless something goes wrong, I've watched them rebuild them in the pits. They just get so hot that you have to wear NASA oven mitts to handle them. They do melt spark plugs though.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

A good list of dragster facts: http://www.sccoia.org/articles/top-fuel-dragster-fast-facts/

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRpTbb05094

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Vettel whining about a three place grid drop for not slowing down enough under red flag conditions in the wet is everything that’s wrong with Vettel. We could mention Jules (god rest him) but this is the knobber who manages to plant his car in the wall under the safety car in the wet this season.

Dude’s gone all Grosjean and should retire to his family tbh.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Also in the news Ferrari managed to out do Ron telling K-mag he was being dropped on his birthday and told Kimi he was losing his seat at Monza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Magic Mansell.