Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hello I am back and very excited about the upcoming F1 season.

At least until Q3 of Melbourne where Merc pulls out a second over the opposition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Imagine complaining because Liberty made Hamilton take a steel chair to the face

Its a toss up between this and a decent streaming service as to what I'd like Liberty to do more.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I liked Ubuntu on my old netbook. Ran flawlessly for what I needed with no hassle and no viruses.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

ilmucche posted:

Formula ford, but all the cars are mazdas

Skip Barber?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

tuo posted:

This. My Linux machine is my python dev machine. Getting the same functionality going in windows is a loving nightmare.
Linux is cool and good, but sadly most of the window managers are not up to the standard that Win10 or OS X has. Still, Linux is an awesome OS for servers and for certain software development environments.

I liked it on my netbook because it was significantly less hardware intensive than windows and never degraded or caught viruses. Perfect for basic web browsing, torrenting, media viewing etc.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Theophany posted:

I think the Apple Watch is a better watch than all that old fashioned poo poo.

I own a Seiko from 1968 that is still going strong. I rather doubt we'll be saying the same thing about an Apple watch after 50 years. Heck, in another 50 years its quite likely my Seiko will still be going.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Go get laid and start an E/N thread.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Basticle posted:

Was he trying to return this?

Lol

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I cannot begin to explain how much I hate the idea of either Hamilton or Vettel winning another title.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

track day bro! posted:

So you are looking forward to Räikkönen winning his 2nd wdc this year

Unironically yes. That might actually be enough to break Vettel for good.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

the C5 is also xbox huge

C17 I think.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Positives:

Alonso getting sick points
Ricciardo ahead of Vercrappen
Hamilton didn't win.

Negatives:

Kimi got fingered
Vettel won.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I like Kimi because he's old and gets paid shitloads of money to drive Ferrari F1 cars around the world and doesn't have to actually try if he doesn't want to, has a smoking hot wife and makes wheezy nerds angry that he doesn't give a gently caress about them or what they think of him. I bet he'd be a fun dude to hang out with and ride snowmobiles with so long as you weren't a journo.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

Lest we forget Ferrari fired this fucker a decade ago for being an inconsistent piece of garbage. He should just be laughing himself to sleep every night that they even write him a paycheck.

The rumor I heard was that he was drinking too much and stopped giving a gently caress after he won the WDC and his performance suffered so they booted him. Seems plausible.

Whiny drivers suck, I agree. It's why I don't like Vettel. All drivers do it though to some extent. Even Alonso (though to be fair, he's had a lot of good reasons to kvetch in recent years). It's just kind of funny to hear Kimi do it sometimes.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Pook Good Mook posted:

The best was Kvyat towards the end of his stint as even the announcers and official F1 interviewers came around that he was terrible and treated him with barely concealed distaste.

Otoh he was with Miss Piquet and if it's a choice between that and driving for Toro Rosso (especially this year's car) then that's barely a choice that needs considering at all.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Currently 4th in the standings on GP predictor. Going to enjoy it while it lasts since no doubt its only going to drop from this point onwards. :toot:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

To be fair, Nico is so talented that he beat the all-time pole-position record holding driver in the same car. And he did it without being blessed.

Button did it first.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Nico was good, wish he had stuck out another season or two.

Nah. His heart wasn't in it. You could see it after Abu Dhabi. He was happy to be WDC, sure, but you could clearly see he was just so relieved that it was over and the pressure was off. I really doubt he would have had the mental stamina to challenge Lewis again. He got to leave at the top and troll Lewis for years afterwards. Dude stopped at exactly the right time.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

How can anyone hate Dan? :allears:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

what an unholy union that would be. :barf:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

monkeytennis posted:

gently caress me is he actually wearing racing gloves and boots to play a computer game? :ughh:

If it helps, sometimes he wears granddad slippers.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I've been trying so hard to give Fernando $100 for sunglasses on Kimoa.com but when I hit authorize it just sits there please Fernando.... take my money please....

I'm sad because I have to wear prescription sunglasses, so I can't get Kimoas. :saddowns:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

gret posted:

GP2 eyesight

Its funny because its true.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I like Bahrain as a circuit. It's fun to drive in games and has actually had some exciting races over the years. It's just the location that sucks.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

track day bro! posted:

Ok well here's my cliff notes on the Australian race.

Firstly the country of Australia itself can be described as epic fail, full of fat bogans eating boiled koala meat while drinking victoria bitter out of their shoes because nobody told them that you can drink out of a glass. Australia is a land of contrasts, between fail and aids and I hope it is nuked off the map soon.

Here are my race ratings

1) Ferrari WOW WHAT A FANTASTIC RACE FROM MY RED BOYS IN THIS BAD AND FAIL COUNTRY WE DID IT LADS GRATZIE MILE #ForzaFerrari
69) Every other garbageman team, wow you suck I'd rather have a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in my ear than pay attention to the rest of the grid haha

Thanks British nuked it lots of times in the 50s. No one noticed because it's already a blasted hellscape.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

What the hell is that?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I don't believe you.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

If his wiki entry is correct, he's 20. Motherfucker looks 40. :stare:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

You can't post that in this thread. Its actually good.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Finally watched the race and lol what a shitshow. At least the bike racing was good.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Can't believe I'm in 4th for that league thing and would've been higher if I hadn't gone with my heart and picked Kimi for the win.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Finally got a chance to catch the replay of the race, and even though someone spoiled it for me like 20 minutes before I sat down to watch it, I was still delighted by the results.

I was absolutely delighted by Dan's brilliant performance. The contrast in his ability to make overtakes stick compared to Verstappen is amazing. Kimi up on the podium and actually volunteering to speak for more than 2 sentences at a stretch was almost as eye opening.

Lets not forget Alonso sticking it to Vettel in the final stages. Better than little blue pills. But to be honest, this was the money shot:

Lol what a loving fraud. :circlefap:

Dan to Ferrari so the scud can actually get a WDC (and a WDC who deserves it) please.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Also Mrs Bottas has very pretty eyes.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I saw the replay from the last race. It's like he went back in time. He had no need to be that aggressive, he was fast enough without it and he completely lost his cool. I'm a fan, but that race was disgraceful.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Honestly Dan is WDC calibre, but unless he can get a spot at Merc or Ferrari (which seems unlikely even though he deserves a spot at either) he's probably not going to get one. Its a real shame.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Maybe we could steer him off the path of despair and self harm instead of on to it?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Sorry I forgot where I was for a moment.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

He doesn't look like he's gonna stop being a tifosi any time soon

:golfclap:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Theophany posted:

Which is both true and funny.

But people do give him way too many passes for being a whiny pissbaby.

While this is true, it was nice to hear him chastising his engineer for not sounding upbeat enough at the first race in Australia. He can lift the team when he needs to. :3:

The fact that McLaren isn't in a position to steal podiums/wins off Ferrari and Merc the way Red Bull did is concerning. If McLaren lose in the development race to Renault especially, that'd be pretty damning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lol