Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Human Grand Prix posted:

On the other hand, your child should learn that life is series of disappointments.

Good lord man, she's already English! What further punishment does the poor child deserve?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

GP/2 Warp

As an aside, I know of a semi-major energy producer that still runs OS/2 in VMs for some ancient control systems.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

McGuinty posted:

You should watch that video of him doing the "hot" lap of Catalunya that was posted a couple pages ago. It cuts a few times to an overhead shot of him that is inexplicably centered directly on his crotch.

"inexplicably"

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

McGuinty posted:

Yeah, that'd be The Big Cheese. They talk a big game but they're definitely not the best poutine in the city, and probably not even the best in Kensington.

Holy poo poo, gently caress those guys. They opened one in Chicago and I flew up there to go to their opening with my brother. It was not great, probably not even good. I was pretty underwhelmed, overall. Neither of us ever went a second time and it closed within a year, I think. It got a lot of 4+ star Yelp reviews by idiots that didn't know what actual poutine was supposed to be, which tricked a lot of people into going there.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

mrfart posted:

So nobody has the betamax?

Laserdisc

Feels Villeneuve posted:

What am I, a 1%er?

Just fuckin lol if you are an F1 fan and not rich

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

Its good. La montaņa sagrada its also good.

The Holy Mountain is his best work. Maybe Santa Sangre.

mrfart posted:

You forgot the comics he made with Moebius/giraud

L'Incal is regarded as the best he did, but I'd argue that Technopriests is better.

mrfart posted:

Can we at least all agree that Dune II was a great game?

Agreed. The Dune board game is also very excellent, though also quite expensive due to a low print run and various other issues. It does a fantastic job of conveying the novel's setting, though.

Pvt. Public fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 10, 2018

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

simplefish posted:

they killed senna AGAIN??!

No, now they're beating his memory to death with their shithouse performances.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Minto Took posted:

Obsolete is my all-time favorite from them, but yeah, Demanufacture is a classic.

Same as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

ilmucche posted:

How is the formula d game? I want to play board game baseball or racing, but don't know of many games for either

As others have said, once you've got the rules down it is a pretty great racing game. Formula D is the middle of the road for me as far as racing games go, whereas Downforce is a great game about racing where the main mechanics are around betting but really simple and quick and easy to play, and something like Championship Formula Racing is hyper-complicated (some say overly complicated) and takes ages to play.