Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ether Frenzy posted:

Comrade Flynn bought one of those last year and he's now of the belief it's his favorite vehicle, including over the Murcielago and the Focus RS. And the Delta Integrale he just got.

lol who cares what that guy thinks

i really dont see the appeal of these things, they arent particularly fast, lightweight or good looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Talking to no one the fastest I’ve ever been is hands down 3000 gt vr4, my own 300z tt, and a zr1

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

BraveUlysses posted:

lol who cares what that guy thinks

i really dont see the appeal of these things, they arent particularly fast, lightweight or good looking.

Thanks captain buzzkill. You would have to drive one to know it’s not because some dudes think it is cool (though it is) it is pure Toyota unleashed with a giant wing and whoa. Def $100k cars next 10 years.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Both the NSX and Supra are going to be 100k cars soon, probably in less than 5 years. Have you seen their prices today?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-toyota-supra-8/

This just sold for $80.5k. We may not be that far off.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah my bud is actually tempted to sell it. He's off to grad school this year and then he'll be a hospital's bitch for 3 years so he figures sell it, invest the cash and get whatever supercar he wants after he's a Doctor.

He has no school debt for those who will ask.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

everdave posted:

Thanks captain buzzkill. You would have to drive one to know it’s not because some dudes think it is cool (though it is) it is pure Toyota unleashed with a giant wing and whoa. Def $100k cars next 10 years.

Nah. The Supra has always been a heavy cushy GT style car that actually isnt that remarkable even in stock turbo form - and indeed slower than it's contemporaries. The GT-4's are all far FAR better examples of Toyota unleashed.

Modded is just a weeeeee bit different of course but stock, it's really nothing to great at all.

Kazinsal posted:

Oh hey welcome. Yeah it's a bit chilly here tonight but I can guarantee you it's still one of the warmest spots in the country right now. :canada:

Hello :D

quote:

Victoria, Australia is also pretty good and cool

Maaaaaaybe outside of Melbourne but gently caress Melbourne big time.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

Yeah my bud is actually tempted to sell it. He's off to grad school this year and then he'll be a hospital's bitch for 3 years so he figures sell it, invest the cash and get whatever supercar he wants after he's a Doctor.

He has no school debt for those who will ask.
Your friend went from way cool to way diiiiiick.

A grandpa buying a 20+ year old supra for a grandson seems pretty specific.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cage posted:

Your friend went from way cool to way diiiiiick.

A grandpa buying a 20+ year old supra for a grandson seems pretty specific.

He didn't buy it for him, he bought it for himself brand new. Dude's got a dozen other wicked cars back in Cali. He also paid for half of his schooling. I don't think he will actually sell it but he doesn't want it to sit in a garage undriven.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

He didn't buy it for him, he bought it for himself brand new. Dude's got a dozen other wicked cars back in Cali. He also paid for half of his schooling. I don't think he will actually sell it but he doesn't want it to sit in a garage undriven.

Wait, grandfather gave dude his own car? Selling it is a total dick move then. If grandfather wanted it sold, he'd have done it himself and given your friend the money.
Also, the car is likely a better investment these days anyhow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

Wait, grandfather gave dude his own car? Selling it is a total dick move then. If grandfather wanted it sold, he'd have done it himself.

He was going to sell it himself, I think this was a tax writeoff.

They are a complicated family.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

He was going to sell it himself, I think this was a tax writeoff.

They are a complicated family.

That car is way over the gift exemption.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

That car is way over the gift exemption.

I dunno, it's been sitting undriven for years, has 71K on the clock. This was a better fate than selling it out there. My buddy wanted the car years ago but his priorities have changed so now he doesn't know if he's the right person to own it. It's not that bad, everyone is cool with whatever happens.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Holy poo poo, Hamilton is good.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
No, I don't care that I'm three years late.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

April thread posted: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853210&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Maaaaaaybe outside of Melbourne but gently caress Melbourne big time.

• Locked thread