Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
:siren:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

RULE FOR THE MONTH

Pay your toll

Or else.....

HELL AND BRIMSTONE AND DAVE FARTS

:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

MrChips posted:

I think if the chat thread OP makes a stupid as gently caress rule we should be able to vote them a month probation qtiyd

Are you gonna front the cost of these monthly threads yourself? Sorry you hate Capitalism.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Geoj posted:

Dog in car:

OH MY DOG THIS IS loving CUTE

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Pilsner the adorable pupper got into something last night and his leg is swollen:

We took a ride to the vet this morning and he waited patiently to be seen:

Loaded with anti-inflammatories, antibiotics, and a clean bill of health otherwise, he decided he was hot on the ride back:

THEY'RE GOOD DOGS, BRENT

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Bonus pic of the pupper patient:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Whenever I get all needin some lovin I hop on over to okcupid or tinder and chat a bunch of girls up. Once we get to know eachother some of em come back, some of em I can call on, but I can count on one finger the amount of girls I've been truly in love with.

Never settle, y'all. Be content with your life and yourself, and if you aren't, work on that first.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Theres some girl I met a month ago and I call her MomJeans because she was wearing mom jeans and your username makes me laugh because I remember MomJeans.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Fun fact: South Boston VA is a toilet.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Like so much of the state.

gently caress you in particular, guy. RVA owns bones.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

rdb posted:

I hope your at the speedway.
E: because I can’t think of any other reason to be there.

Work. Theres apparently a power station that supplies power to ~something~ out here.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Wrar posted:

NoVA is a mixed bag but RVA owns.

There's a reason the Virginia weclcome center is in Fredericksburg.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Congrats TT buy him/her an account so I can probate it a bunch

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

THEYRE GOOD DOGS, BRENT

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I dont remember eating that tab

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Cage posted:

Joining the bitch posts to say that it's "daylight saving" time, not savings!

I also hosed that question up 2 nights ago on HQ.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i was on question 15 in HQ last night when i hosed up and said Yamaha instead of IBM >:(

e; maybe that was question 14?

I will never forgive you for this.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

https://jalopnik.com/true-hero-of-our-time-replaced-his-volvos-door-chime-wi-1823629350

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Had a midterm yesterday and an hour long presentation today and kicked rear end on both. Holy poo poo what a relief.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I found a hat

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 22, 2018

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

:hfive: I understood the draw to go see a race live but never really though about it much. Then I went to the Nurburgring 24 and it was an experience I'll never forget. I need to go back to do it again with proper gear to stay the whole weekend at the track.

Ugh I super want to do this with either Le Mans or the Ring.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Beverly Cleavage posted:

I remember Robbaz from when my summer car came hit the scene and and he cracked me up. Is he any good in general?

If you like robbaz you should watch the kilian experience.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

:frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

Hi hello please remember to discuss ideas and not people when talking about the worst possible topic ever: politics.

Acting as if your political opinion is the only relevant opinion will not be tolerated. Acting as if someone else is somehow not a good person, or is intentionally trolling you, because they share differing views than you will also not be tolerated.

When reading something you do not like, please stop and consider that you may be about to react without logical insight on a subject, or may be too emotionally charged about that subject, and may be about to devolve a conversation into a slapfight. If you do this I will be very angry.

If you think this incredibly general, bi-partisan post is singling you and/or your compatriots out, you are too emotionally charged and should take a 10 minute breather or a warm bubble bath or get some sleepytime tea.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

Hi hello please remember to discuss ideas and not people when talking about the worst possible topic ever: politics.

Acting as if your political opinion is the only relevant opinion will not be tolerated. Acting as if someone else is somehow not a good person, or is intentionally trolling you, because they share differing views than you will also not be tolerated.

When reading something you do not like, please stop and consider that you may be about to react without logical insight on a subject, or may be too emotionally charged about that subject, and may be about to devolve a conversation into a slapfight. If you do this I will be very angry.

If you think this incredibly general, bi-partisan post is singling you and/or your compatriots out, you are too emotionally charged and should take a 10 minute breather or a warm bubble bath or get some sleepytime tea.

Quoting for new page.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

gently caress it I'll eat the probe or ban.

That he's a racist piece of poo poo, who got the no politic chat thread implemented the last time. Last time it was about guns, which the current mod loves, so it just got politics in general banned.

In reality he's a small minded, racist gently caress who dog whistles his way through all of these threads each month whenever any of this poo poo comes up. His title is blank because he gets red texts or bans off his lovely posts, which inevitably piss people off.

Then he gets ozmiander to back him up and make it seem like it's okay, to see if the dogwhistle worked and anyone else will come onboard.

Then everyone but those two eat probes or bans off adi (who is normally a great mod) because they agree on one topic. Thankfully that topic isn't the one at hand. Which is the fact that ilkhan is a racist gently caress who continually posts as such with zero consequence in AI.

Wait you think I banned politics because I like guns?

I banned politics because it does exactly what it just did here, turned everyone from friendly folk talking about eachothers issues and helping eachother, to ravenous dingleberries jumping at eachothers' throats. If it's just ilkhan and/or ozimander I'll make sure to ding them appropriately but frankly I'm concerned about the level of "this dude's a piece of poo poo because he doesn't agree with me" going on.

If ilkhan were to come in here and say something racist out of the blue I'd obviously ding him, but he was responding to nm's post about race with his own view and y'all jumped on him about it. Easiest way to make sure that doesn't happen is to ban the practice of talking about politically charged issues, but I want y'all to be able to do it, so be adults about it please.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I didn’t realize that dealing with racists using dog whistles itt was a political matter instead of fuckin awful shitposter issue so idk why adi is trying to pass the buck on this one

See this is the "your opinion is super wrong and therefore you're subhuman" poo poo I'm talking about.

Quit being emotionally charged about issues or don't respond to issues.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Anyone going to Electric Forest? The Mrs and the Mistress and I rented an RV. If anyone's going weekend 1 come find us.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Oh please TT you got dinged 6 hours for continuing on about some stupid poo poo. Calm down and quit writing your manifesto.

I've got a bunch of poo poo to do today and I am not babysitting you idiots having a meltdown so if anyone has any issues with the previous 10 pages please continue on about it below this post so I can probate you for a couple of days.

This includes feel-good posts about it and posts currently being written.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Yo I just binged that Wild Wild Country documentary on Netflix. Holy poo poo.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Rhyno posted:

The UP is the best part of Michigan.

Also mutts are the best dogs.

Truth on both points.

I miss LSPR.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

bolind posted:

Does one need the other user's e-mail address if one wants to buy him/her platinum?

Buy it, PM me the code and the user, and I'll get it set up.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

LloydDobler posted:

I still love this forum enough that I'd pay $10 annually to stay on it, I wonder if that's something that would work for lowtax. Anyone else? Or would most of you just peace out?

In fact, I think that's what I'll donate. :10bux: for each year I've been here after the initial signup.

Absolutely would and will.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

KakerMix posted:

I grew up in Muskegon so I know all about Michigan and winters and is the number one reason I now live in Florida. Sure it's lol Florida lol but so what, Michigan has it's own (horrible, terrible) issues, it's just that down here I don't have 'bleak' in my vocabulary between the months of October - April. If it's California or Texas or Florida or Georgia or whatever you should live somewhere that isn't weatherly-depressing.

You poor soul. I lived in GR and Flint for seven years and would not wish such a fate on my worst enemy.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Do it you wont

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Never mind the like 270 completely overcast days in West MI from that same rear end in a top hat lake effect.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

gently caress I want a canoe now

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

The Door Frame posted:

I want to scream "Flint, Michigan", but even Chicago has major lead problems. My house has 4x the allowed levels of lead in the water

I lived in Flint for ~4 years while I got my degree. It was after the lead issue started but before they knew about it.

You know that actually explains a lot.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

counterpoint: always get all hosed up on hockey, pussy.
Fisky.

I once got a rig-friggin' gherkin-slurpin' behind a gumball machine at a bubble hockey tournament.

Boomtown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

That hedonic treadmill's gonna put you right back where you were in no-time, buddy boy.

• Locked thread