Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Still married!

We leave on the honeymoon in the morning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hells yeah Honeymoon flight delayed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
San Diego has a pretty bad homeless problem. I wish i could do something to help.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Zoo was neat, the food is good. We only have one more day here, off to Hollywood Sunday.

Edit: posting because she's having trouble adjusting to the time change and is already exhausted so she's taking a bath.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm eating like a loving king so that's fun!

If you saw my FB post we hit 31K steps today so i can eat whatever i want!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Door Frame posted:

31k? Holy poo poo man, I ran around for 7 hours straight and got 11k

We didn't stop moving for the whole day. There's just so many cool buildings and poo poo to look at. We were dumb and walked to Balboa Park though, from here out we Uber.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well we ventured to Old Town, then down to Ocean Beach. The bits in between are disgusting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Found a comic book store!

Douche inside was arguing that Black Panthers powers are all drug induced so he's just another black crackhead.

So much for California being the promised land!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The fries were nothing new. They have that poo poo in Indiana. The burrito was awesome though.

We're doing Hollywood mostly i guess and not LA as that's what she wanted most out of the trip.

Just got back to the hotel, we walked through the edge of downtown after dark and the homeless are everywhere. And we're told it's unnaturally cold righ now so everyone is suffering. This city is breaking my goddamn heart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tide posted:

Isn't the BP pretty much black Trump? Wakanda is extremely isolationist, has a big gently caress off cloaking shield around it "protecting" it from everyone else and pretty much says "gently caress everyone else" until his country is threatened. It's been years since I read the comics, so I could be wrong.

Nah, he is cool and good and doesnt have poo poo hair.

BraveUlysses posted:

Fuckin hell, woke up to find my smoker stalled out overnight and my 3 seven pound pork shoulders have to be tossed out :argh::argh::argh:

Nooooooooooooooooo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've just become a goddamn softy since last year. All human suffering hurts my soul.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Locator posted:

That's fair and cool, just don't pin it on SD, they are there because of the weather.

Edit: And because the city leaves them alone pretty much.

Chicago is worse by far, the cops treat them like trash. It's a rough city to visit sometimes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bird cooch posted:

So...like captain America?

Racist nerds don't like logic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not gonna lie. So far California sucks. We have racism back home and they don't loving pussyfoot around with it. They dress up like loving ghosts and poo poo. Step up your game California.

We also don't cry like loving babies when it's cold. I have lost track of the number of grown rear end people throwing little fits in public because of the chill. We just had the entire patio to ourselves because of the wind.

Maybe there will be an earthquake to liven this poo poo up.

LoL, no. This has been a great time. SD really reminded me of Chicago, just how its laid out and the proximity to water. Decent transit system as well. Also the homeless stuff i have mentioned.

Anaheim thus far is all hotels and buses. Disneyland tomorrow. Then off to some haunted boat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yes that. My wife's stepfather stayed there and loved it so he bought us a night and the tour.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We haven't even gotten to LA yet!

Also we did not rent a car for this trip. I wanted to sightsee, not worry about rear end in a top hat drivers.

We're here til Wednesday, still a lot to do.

But for real, none of the food has been special yet. Carne asada fries? You can get that ahit anywhere in the midwest.

My wife gives no shits about cars so we're not doing a lot if car poo poo. Cars & Coffee in Monterey on Saturday is the main thing.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 5, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One day at Disney, our pass gets us into Land and California Adv.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Elaborate. Goons on FB told me i had to drive from SD to Anaheim or I'd regret it. Well the trip was slow, frequently stopped and the highway was jammed with lovely drivers.

San Diego didn't require a car and we saw most of downtown and balboa park. We made it to Old Town and Ocean Beach without a car.

Goons again told me that LA is a huge shithole and to avoid it. Ditto for Hollywood.

See this is the problem with traveling, some peolme think what they like about a city is all that matters. I want to see cool rear end old buildings, walk around and sightsee with my wife and not worry about driving. And also eat pizza every day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Literally everywhere we have eaten or visited was goon advised thus far other than things she put on her wish list. Yeah, i found a comic shop because it was like 1/2 a mile from the place a goon told me to get the fries.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seminal Flu posted:

California is spectacular. But the people ruin it.

I can't disagree with this.

We're off to Disneyland now, doesn't look like we're spending a great amount of time in LA proper. We're doing the WB tour in Burbank, i have a friend there who's gonna let is past a checkpoint.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys Disneyland is fun!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

Share your drugs please
I'll admit it can be.

I have a rental Mistubishi Outlander (non-sport).
I can't believe this is a car sold in yol 2018. It is so bad inside and I own a 13 year old subaru and my first car was a 1992 toyota camry base model.

Neither of us have ever been here before so we're having a blast!

Waiting for food sucks!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I could see Disneyland getting old if you lived close enough to go more than once a year but man, i had a great time and I don't even like Disney or theme parks in general.

Thanks to some PM advice we hit the popular stuff early and knocked out the older rides as the day went on. Even some of those older ones whipped my butt.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

JNCO just went under apparently.
Couldn't hold out just long enough for them to come back.

People seem very upset about it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

I can't tell if t his is a joke or Indiana things.

I legit overheard a conversation about it in San Diego.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I guess used JNCOs are pretty valuable?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Long Beach is okay. The Queen Mary is cool. Gonna go exploring shortly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We got tacos in LB at another goon suggested place. They were excellent.

I doubt we will have time for the Comedy Store we have a full slate now that we're doing the Peterson.

Our friends are taking care of our cats and our siamese is not too happy. Poor guy probably thinks we abandoned him. And we're still like 8 days from home.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Awwww pupper.

So the Queen Mary is friggin awesome. Only bummer is a private event closed off half a deck and since this is the off season the top decks are a bit dirty and under renovations. Still, the view is bonkers. We got a bigass room here and it rules.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Peterson Museum was awwwwwwwesome. Only bad part was our tour had a fuckin know it all who kept trying to correct the guide.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

Fun fact: South Boston VA is a toilet.

Like so much of the state.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I just recently spent some time in Virginia Beach and it was nice :shrug:

I may be remember my time in WV. Pretty scenery but the people were horrible to deal with.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey! We all know i dont know poo poo!

But yeah, this dude just would not stop and it was getting to the guide but he (Andy) kept his cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We are staying up near Universal City tonight, where am I supposed to eat again?

Edit: Marios Peruvian. Got it.

Edit 2: wife fiercely hates seafood so that ain't happening.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 9, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A goon strongly urged me to get del taco, but hey whatever.

She's not allergic, she just hates seafood and when we googled it the reviews were all about seafood.

And why would i take pictures of where we are? Does Google Streetview not work?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lol, why would you marry someone exactly like yourself? That makes poo poo boring and like so much of AI, ends in divorce.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We've been together 9 years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The divorce rate in AI is pretty goddamn high. Add in the ones who cry about being alone and yeah, i generally ignore any and all relationship advice fron this forum.

I mean poo poo, STR spent so much time here he caught the straight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She worked in a seafood joint for much of her teenage years. I have seen her gag when i eat cocktail shrimp.

I dont like a lot of foods so i dont eat them, not even when on vacation.

Incidentally, we are way off the beaten path tonight at the urging of a local friend. The traffic in this city is horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We'll see what tomorrow brings. The reviews that popped up called it a seafood joint so she shot it down.

• Locked thread