Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ExplodingSims posted:

So, if anyone cares, I got the job I posted about in the last thread. I'm officially an INDUSTRIAL refrigeration tech now!
I fly out to their training place in about 2 weeks for a 3 week session. So this should be fun.

Been spending all day today doing all their training videos and tests. This is going to be an interesting experience based on what I've seen in the videos so far.

Congrats man. Other than abandoning the truck for selfish reasons, doing good. :v:

Got my plans for the next few weeks upended. Half/little sister is flying back from Japan the same weekend as the st Pete GP, so now I can't go to it :( Got my ticket for Sebring the next weekend, so all isn't lost, but still loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Well that sucks dude, I was gonna give you some tickets for the GP if I end up with any extra :(

Honestly I may say gently caress it and still go. Not the nice thing to do, but were not especially close anyway.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Just say you already got the tickets and that they were super expensive so you have to go :)

I'll let you know when I get them, not sure exactly yet how many I'm gonna get, the Firestone rep is waiting until the last minute for whatever reason.

That'll work. Yeah I'll hold off on telling them anything until you find out if you'll have an extra :v:

As for the guns, email me what you have. I work with a poo poo ton of guys who buy what seems like one or ten a week.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Mmmmmmmm just how I wanted to spend my Friday night, an FFA swine auction.

Leica, you still trying to figure out how to sell those guns? I was planning on digging in storage for the xbox tonight but got sucked into this instead.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

You live in Florida farm country huh?

Yeah I'll send you an email with what i have once I get all the make/model info.

Yeah, I live entirely too close to the strawberry festival and my wife's goddaughter was showing her pig tonight.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

San Diego has a pretty bad homeless problem. I wish i could do something to help.

San Diego is a lovely bumpkin version of LA with no redeeming value aside from Brick by Brick and Cali burritos.

Also the homeless people give you diseases.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ha, my wife is taking her mom to the festival tomorrow because she has never been, is it even worth going to these days? Last time I went about ten years ago it was a waste of time, it was like a traveling carnival that I can see when it's down the street from my house, not even worth the drive over there.

Hey cool, ours is in the exact shape that that one is in. I never planned on shooting it anyway, so no worries. From what I've researched so far it seems it's worth about 400-500 in that condition, does that sound about right?

It's a pain in the rear end is what it is.

It's literally just a carnival that has some strawberries at it. That's it. And it's dry, so you can't even have a beer to take the edge off the Gibsonton-bred folk shouting at you from every ride and game.

If they go, tell her that if they're thirsty they need to find the Catholic church booth/tent (easy to find, it's where the make your own strawberry shortcake line starts) because a fountain drink is a dollar, bottled water is two bucks. Rest of the fair a smaller drink starts at 4 bucks.

Edit: I was down in your neck of the woods today, goddamn gently caress why is every road in and out a loving toll road

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

InitialDave posted:

What the actual gently caress?

Welcome to America, yo. I can't have a beer at the festival, but before the livestock auction they prayed for all the concealed carriers in the audience.

The auction is for school children who have raised the animals, btw. And before they show the animals they say the pledge of allegiance, sing the national anthem, and do a prayer. The prayer centered around guns and murica, and then when he was done he said how we should ALL pray and be thankful for those in the audience who are carrying firearms because "pew-teen" wants to nuke us, and Donald Trump will make us strong.

This is an event run by and for the schools, sponsored by the county and state.

But on the dry subject, I grew up in a dry county. Hell, Jack Daniels is distilled in a county where you can't buy said product. But you can surely buy a loving gun.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Lol what, the only toll road is the crosstown and that's optional. Just take I-4 to 275 south, no tolls.

If you come up through the south over the Skyway then you pay one toll for the bridge.

682 (685?) To skyway.

Because I4 was so goddamn bad at the 275 interchange we did the crosstown (toll) so we got hit on there, the other road, and the bridge.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
So, went to an auction today.

I may or may not have bought 400+ 7" singles for 20 bucks :v: Country, rock, blues, r&b, everything. 1965 to about 1996.

Just listened to the stones brown sugar, followed by zz top tush, Elton John and John Lennon doing Lucy in the sky, and now Mariah Carey fantasy with ODB :v:

Edit gently caress now I even have to pay loving tolls on this goddamn dead forum

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 5, 2018

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

Racist nerds don't like logic.

California is pretty loving racist, also. It's super liberal but only as long as different skin colors stay seperate.

Finally had to put records up for the night. I could spend all loving night playing those singles, just getting excited about uncovering whatever is next.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

Yes that. My wife's stepfather stayed there and loved it so he bought us a night and the tour.

If you have a rental car, go drive around the long beach track. At this point it should be all set up, to boot.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ExplodingSims posted:

Being in FL is fun when it gets below 65 or so.
Everyone bundles up like it's a blizzard.

It's 42 out right now and I'm seriously considering my life choices of having to go to work.

Granted I still won't wear a coat, because I hate layering.

Edit: also, is it weird if there's like 6 of us at work that bring a French press to make coffee? Cause it feels weird.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Mar 5, 2018

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Siochain posted:

Means you, and others at your work, have class and taste.
I'd do it but I'm loving lazy, and the kettle at work is loving gross.

The work coffee is loving disgusting, and at this point in my life I'm done drinking bad coffee. Even cheap poo poo like dunkin tastes better when fresh ground and brewed that way.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Or you could go to MOMA and drop a leaf on the floor and watch people gather round for the new exhibit that obviously just popped up.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

jamal posted:

The pike, cogregation, beachwood bbq, hole mole, Roscoe's Chicken and waffles all good places in LB.

It's rhyno, dude. His high point of socal has been disney. He's not gonna enjoy it.

Also, LA is still so much better than SD. But that may also be in large part to me hating being around large chunks of military.

Rhyno, go to LA and go to the comedy store from about 9pm to 1am.

Edit: almost got all my poo poo together for Sebring next week. Camping from Wed night to Sunday morning. Lows will be in the 40s. My liver is going to commit suicide.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Fermented Tinal posted:

Owen Sound, which is everything the elephant's rear end in a top hat the locals claim it to be (apparently on old maps of Canada if you rotated them and looked at Ontario you'd see an elephant and its rear end in a top hat is Owen Sound).

At present I work in the print industry as a finishing assistant in the bindery of a print facility. I have two backup roles that put me on a forklift. It's shift work, and Dupont 12 hour nightmare rotation. Second largest employer in the city and if you ever wanted to know what it's like to see a bunch of boomers act like they're still in highschool stop on by.

I used to work in an office, designing analog and digital IC photomasks. I have experience with perl, tcl/tk, Tanner L-edit, Cadence, Hercules, and long list of things that doesn't include a degree and thusly negates the point of most of the list since I'll never get a job again as a physical designer without a degree. I'm hunting for jr dev positions in the $17/h range in the GTA, more would be better to offset gasoline. Something hand-holdy until I pick up whatever it is the cool kids do in software these days. As for the commute, it's very roughly on par with a commute I used to do from Kitchener to Toronto for the physical design gig. What's funny to me, is that commute was done in a '07 Nissan Versa hatchback, though that one was blue and had an automatic and mine is silver and has a stick.

Too bad you aren't in the states.

I'm also on the printing industry. Almost none of our digital guys or pre press people have degrees, just practical experience, and good people are always needed.

I know of a few jobs in the industry that are likely open in your general area. Shoot me an email choppeds10 at the google mail.

Leica, any word on st Pete tickets?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
If a trans is supposed to drain 3qt at a time, and your engine also holds 4.7qt of oil...but your trans empties more fluid than your crankcase that's a good thing right? :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Not empty quoting.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Wife and I have been married for 10 years this September, and together for 16 total minus a few months in the beginning years.

All marriage really does is cement the fact that there isn't an easy out, and encourages you to work poo poo out. Our marriage hasn't been perfect, and we've fought bad enough for long enough that separation and divorce became an option, but it's still worth it.

Our biggest issue was for the beginning 6 years of our marriage, I was gone constantly. You can't learn how to deal with one another when one person is gone for 10 months a year. Once we were more stable is when poo poo got super rough, but we worked it out because we both really do want to be together and we learned how to change and get better.

It's not even like we have kids to cement it, we really are just best friends with a bigger commitment.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Went to the Indy race today, the Stadium Trucks are no longer a part of the schedule what a bummer. Some of the most entertaining racing I've ever seen how the hell did it not get more popular?

I wanted to go super bad, but I got hit with that flu poo poo late last week and spent the weekend trying not to die, and to get better for work/sebring.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Finally registered my Acura.

Apparently because I never sent a plate in like 10 years ago, it meant I still 'had' a plate in the system. Nice $225 savings. gently caress yeah. Went in expecting to spend 400+ and walked out spending 200.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Oh poo poo that sucks. Hopefully you feel better for sebring you're gonna need full health recharge for that :v:

Yeah, and with the weather being cold as poo poo I'm gonna die either way.

Oh well, booze and sheer stubbornness will get me through.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I vote gunmetal with black and silver accents. Straight silver is boring af and done to death.

Besides, it's paint. If you don't like it, redo em.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Please tell me I can find one of these in the states oh my god

E oh it’s Daihatsu I think I can at least import one

....as you quote the guy who literally has an importing thread

Like I was about to post about smoking myself retarded and you manage to make me feel brilliant again.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Kazinsal posted:

Jesus, he's definitely been hitting the sauce hard then. That's rehab levels of alcohol dependency. Sorry to hear that :(

Every time I think I drink way too much I hear poo poo like this, and wonder just HOW you drink even more.

gently caress.

That sucks balls, cornholio. Hopefully he takes it as a wake up.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Tent, sleeping bag (wife went and bought me one, as I was going to just tough it out with a single blanket in the 30s), 2 cases of beer, case of water, brats, sausage, eggs, coffee and clothing.

Yep, ready for Sebring.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Don't forget earplugs if you plan on getting any sleep at all :v:

Got some, but I'm deaf as gently caress and used to sleeping on ships. Noise doesn't bother me.

That said, I fully plan on enjoying this to the max so sleep will be an after thought. If I don't come back Sunday broken with a horrific hangover, I'll count it as a missed chance to just let loose for awhile.

Sadly I couldn't get any vape cartridges beforehand, so it'll just be booze :(

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
8am.

All I smell is exhaust, all I hear is race cars, and everyone is drinking beer, coffee, or liquor with a splash of coffee.

God bless america.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Man this feels inadequate after walking around :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I think next year my wife is gonna let me import a fun car from Japan :3:

thanks to everyone for pointing me to Kaker's thread because omg I want an 80's hilux so goddamn bad

(or a GTR R32 but I reckon those will be mongo bux)

R32 GTRs have already been here for awhile, and approach 30k.

R33 comes next year, iirc.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Anyone who is into racing, camping and mixes of the above but hasn't been to Sebring needs to go.

Holy poo poo this is amazing.

Edit: I've walked 24 miles in two days and gone through just shy of two cases of beer by myself. There are 3 different bands playing in my vicinity. A 60+ year old man in a thong has been walking around. A 73 year old woman made me do a beer bong with her. I watched someone fall head first out of a portashitter. Someone's tent caught fire because of bottle rockets.

My life is better now for having come here.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 17, 2018

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

IOwnCalculus posted:

Sounds like a combination of the Coke lot and the Snake Pit at Indianapolis.

I've been to those.

This makes Indy seem like a country club. Talladega is the only one I've been go that's even close, and it was nowhere near as fun.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

slidebite posted:

Just think of it as a Jewish Nazi.

I dunno. I'm assuming they're using Liberal in the same way communist countries like to use "Democratic?"

Not Australian, but from what I understand liberal to them is right wing for us. They want no government and hate unions.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

KakerMix posted:

You are never obligated to stay with anyone for any reason, so yeah that would be grounds to bail. What if you SO stopped brushing their teeth? Or never clipped their nails?
It's not cool to do that but if one person is unhappy in the relationship (regardless of cause) then it isn't really a relationship anymore is it?

But generally you discuss it first and it's not a sudden thing.

Randomly bailing for a fixable issue if you never bring it up is an amazing dick move.

Also my wife just called right as the race went green and a car spun in front of me. She couldn't believe the noise of people screaming. I think I've found religion at this race.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Fitness is one thing, it's when people wrap so far into it that they start being judgmental assholes to people who don't meet whatever level of fitness they think is appropriate.

Just got back home from sebring, and I am so loving drained. But goddamn I am going back every year now. Next year is two 12hr races in 26hrs!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

slidebite posted:

A relative of mine inherited a beautiful $22K Rolex, and she can't stand wearing it because it can't keep time. After several services/checks at the Rolex dealer, she basically got a :shrug: that it's within spec to drift 7 minutes every few weeks.

So now it languishes in a sock drawer and she wears a $85 Citizen.

I have an inherited Rolex that I've worn 3 times in my life. It's worth probably 50k, I'll never get rid of it, but if I do wear a watch it's just a gshock.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

If you don't take the stairs instead of the elevator you're lazy and should probably just die :colbert:

With my back that's more likely on the stairs :v: legit without cbd I'd be a loving cripple or a junkie.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

everdave posted:

Catching up, first watch chat: how can you have a $50k Rolex and not sell that? I love watches, have a bunch. All cheap. Man I get asked about this $150 “full metal” Shark brand I scored new on eBay for $42 more than I can tell you. When I’m at the beach people ask all the time about my different Neff watches that I have got for $10-15 off eBay. And all of them keep perfect time (until a random Neff will give up after being in the ocean). I love the look of Rolex and Tag and all that but the money?

And long shot...anyone a tax attorney or have advice for a business owner? I apparently am bad at the books and have underpaid sales tax. Not a lot of money but I do t want to get in trouble. I’ve gotten a letter and it’s keeping me up at night.

Also still going through divorce and if you the praying kind I could use your help

As broke as I've been in life I've never even thought about dumping it. It's from a close family member that almost nothing else exists that was theirs, and it was something given to them for a large accomplishment (Lol no one in my family could have ever BOUGHT a rolex).

Same reason I have a WW1 issue 1911 with legitimate ivory grips in my gun case. I don't shoot it, and it's worth quite a bit of money, but it's a family passdown that is very sentimental. Some things are worth more than money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Larrymer posted:

I don't really "get" sentimental things. Unless somebody in my family actually made the thing and it's passed down, it's just "some old stuff" to me. Yeah, I'd sell that rolex. :v: It's cool if things have a story but I'm not going to romanticize consumer stuff.

I haven't worn a watch since I was a kid and had a :krad: calculator watch. I gave up and returned a fitness tracker recently after a week when it wasn't giving me an accurate heartbeat while working out.

It's from the 30s. It was given to my grandfather (along with cash and other poo poo) by a local rich guy who's house and barn caught fire while he was out of town, and his wife and children were there.

Grandfather happened to be squirrel hunting, smelled the smoke, and rushed over. He got the wife and kids out of the house, got the horses out of the barn, and then rode a horse to town and got a firebrigade going to try and get it put out. When the guy got back, his poo poo was burned, and all his barn animals and family were at my grandfather's place. So he gave him a ton of stuff. I still speak to people in that family, and it's still a story that gets told.

So, it has a neat story behind it. He gave it to me right before I went to boot camp. While I was in boot camp, he died. Of course he had no will, and his oldest son from his first marriage had more money than the rest of the family combined. So he lawyered up, took everything (house, land, cars, everything) and sold or junked it before anyone else could do anything. Part of that had been promised to me, in writing and signed by him, as being mine.

But we were loving poor, so nothing I could do. So it's legit all I have to remember him by other than some pictures. And if I ever see that son of a bitch again I'll end up in prison.

I lost out on a loving mint REPU, as well as all of my grandmother's things that were still in the house.

Edit: totally unrelated, but I somehow lost 5lbs at Sebring. Who says binge drinking is bad for you? :colbert:

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 19, 2018

• Locked thread