Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It was nice to see Francis Capra on the show, I think all the major Veronica Mars actors have been on the show now, apart from Kristen Bell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Her voice has been on the show, as herself even :v:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I imagine Filmore Graves is too damned busy with 3700 other fires to target the zombie cult yet. But yeah, its a bit comical how Major ends up at every major location at juuust the right time for him to bump into the latest plot-critical development. He really is a jack of all trades.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Oasx posted:

It was nice to see Francis Capra on the show, I think all the major Veronica Mars actors have been on the show now, apart from Kristen Bell.

No Tina Majorino yet.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I miss when she was in things.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if Rose McIver has it written into her contract that she gets at least one episode a season where she doesn't have to wear the makeup.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

I wonder if Rose McIver has it written into her contract that she gets at least one episode a season where she doesn't have to wear the makeup.

It's happened every season, hasn't it?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, it's usually a gag about how weird she looks in all that normal person makeup.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Oasx posted:

Kristen Bell's voice has been on the show.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Kristen Bell's voice has been on the show.

True, I meant more as in her physically guest starring but I should have been more clear about that.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I wish she'd show up physically, too, but ngl I loved her doing VO instead because it was both a Veronica Mars cameo and a Gossip Girl reference.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
I am having so much trouble with Liv brain scenes this season. Everything else is great, or at least good, but I can't stand cringe and I'm cringing like a full third of her scenes now. This and last episode were especially bad because the Clive storyline was also anxiety inducing.

Other than that still liking the direction we're headed, and I'm glad Blaine finally met Angus. Very curious where that storyline will end up.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

This was the first brain Liv has been on all season that I enjoyed. It had a bunch of meta Rose McIver stuff, and she was able to lean into it more naturally because it was an aspect of her own personality.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I know that it is probably a budget issue, but it is a little odd that Liv is the only zombie who is well fed but still looks like a zombie. The spray tan business in Seattle must be booming.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Letting McIver act out of zombie makeup all the time would save them money, though. It's just a character thing, imo. Especially after she refused to take the cure way back when. She's just fine w/ being her zombie self.

e: lol you meant why dont other people look like them :catdrugs:

idk I feel like we're seeing a decent amount more of zombie looking people. Most of the zombies we met beore were either trying to pass as humans, are vain, or were (or still are) on the FG dime and lbr they probably have their own tanning tech and hairstylists on staff.

at least it makes sense in universe while also cutting on zombie makeup costs/time

esperterra fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Apr 12, 2018

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

esperterra posted:

at least it makes sense in universe while also cutting on zombie makeup costs/time

Yeah, 'cause a lot of people aren't gonna want to go around looking like zombies.

You could do something really interesting with that. But that's a -- fingers crossed -- Season Five thing, probably.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Edit: WOO! I DOUBLE POSTED THIS HAS LITERALLY NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE I AM UNIRONICALLY SO HAPPY

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I hope they find a way to back off the claustrophobic "everything is going to poo poo and is unsustainable, the zombies will go full romero soon and break containment, here come dat apocalypse." I watch this show because it's a lighthearted take on zombie tropes. If they default back to "everyone is doomed and the zombie army always wins" then it's gutting most of the reason I'm here :(

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Was the reporter lady this week the same one Ravi hung out with from last season?

Also, I like that Clive immediately picked up on the fact that Liv was up to something and helped her out, which should help avoid some forced drama with him when the truth comes out later on.

Argue fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 17, 2018

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
I thought that was a pretty enjoyable brain and episode all around. I especially loved that Ravi seemed a lot less depressed now that he wasn't on junkie brain and stuff.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Liv is finally sticking with the human look now. I'm guessing we are supposed to sympathize with her, but I just can't. Making more zombies, even if you are saving some lives, is just making the whole situation worse for everyone.

Argue posted:

Was the reporter lady this week the same one Ravi hung out with from last season?

Sure was.

discworld is all I read posted:

I thought that was a pretty enjoyable brain and episode all around. I especially loved that Ravi seemed a lot less depressed now that he wasn't on junkie brain and stuff.

But as soon as the terrible Ravi/Peyton relationship stuff ends, the Clive/Dale one begins :negative:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

But as soon as the terrible Ravi/Peyton relationship stuff ends, the Clive/Dale one begins :negative:
Then we can get back to someone having a destructive relationship with Blaine. There has to be one of those in every season, right? I'm also a bit surprised that Graves never looks over at Lilywhite during these interviews when he looks very obviously distressed and remorseful about what he's doing and thinks "Hmmmm, I wonder if I can trust that face".

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
The look that Peyton gave to Major while he was dissembling his rear end off was heartbreaking.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Liv is finally sticking with the human look now. I'm guessing we are supposed to sympathize with her, but I just can't. Making more zombies, even if you are saving some lives, is just making the whole situation worse for everyone.

Pretty sure we're going to start the next episode with a debate about the morality of it

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yeah I agree that I can't sympathise with her making new zombies. Like I could maybe understand turning like a young adult in like the 18-25 year old range who has cancer. But I can't see doing it to a 60+ year old who has lived their life. I know they are doing some vetting but there was a couple of old people in that first group that Liv scratched iirc.

People are supposed to die.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So the season ends with Liv getting frozen, and we wait to see if next season is 10 years later?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

TMMadman posted:

Yeah I agree that I can't sympathise with her making new zombies. Like I could maybe understand turning like a young adult in like the 18-25 year old range who has cancer. But I can't see doing it to a 60+ year old who has lived their life. I know they are doing some vetting but there was a couple of old people in that first group that Liv scratched iirc.

People are supposed to die.
I wouldn't say that people are "supposed to die", but there are some pretty obvious issues that need to be addressed if you have a way to live forever. Particularly if you need other people to keep dying to sustain your life. People who got turned accidentally or against their will, fine, but deliberately zombifying people as medical intervention is just not sustainable. It's essentially the problem from the movie Daybreakers - you can't have an entire world populated only by zombies/vampires because they'd have nothing to eat. You're essentially turning people into livestock.

But even if you had some kind of artificial brain substitute, you've still got to deal with all the other issues of a population of people who never die.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Of course Clive would be interested LARPing.

Angus how are you so stupid that you let Blaine trick you so easily into using your followers?

That was a strange ending. At first I thought the girl was faking being sick so that's why she didn't feel different when Liv turned her. But I guess she's immune and is going to die from her illness instead.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That was a strange ending. At first I thought the girl was faking being sick so that's why she didn't feel different when Liv turned her. But I guess she's immune and is going to die from her illness instead.
Natural cure for zombism?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Definitely going with little girl is immune to Zombitis and will be crucial to the cure. The resistance will have to hide her and protect her, especially a grizzled old guy who lost his daughter to zombies years ago.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I am so happy that Clive has been DMing Ravi and the other staff offscreen this whole time.

Argue fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 1, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Don E's nerd brain was fun.
But keeping the now human brain inside of the mayor was bad planning. Then again, everyone in the police department knows that Blaine's a murderer and zombie visions aren't admissible in court. And of course they wanted the body completely unharmed except for the gun shot wound.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 07:25 on May 1, 2018

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The zombie killer was the guy who played Tim Foyle / Lucky on Veronica Mars.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm surprised that Blaine didn't get some scientist / chemist (or their brain) and try to make more cure serum to sell. Profits!

Argue posted:

I am so happy that Clive has been DMing Ravi and the other staff offscreen this whole time.

Clive playing D&D is always good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We're catching up and Liv's Larper brain is unbearable. If it keeps going like this we're tapping out.

Edit: everything else is great, it's like the writers want us to hate Liv.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 3, 2018

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Funny enough it wasn't even any of the LARP scenes (which I found fun) that broke us.

It was during the interrogation of murderer's wife when she talks about how hard it is maintaining a relationship where you can't sleep with your partner and Liv enthusiastically pops up with :haw: "YEAH CLIVE ALSO CAN'T gently caress HIS ZOMBIE GIRLFRIEND"" that drew groans and made my girlfriend yell "LIV SHUT THE gently caress UP" at the TV.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The all the meta commentary with Zombie High and the CSI Miami reference :discourse:

:rip: Keith Mars

Chase should've just eaten that coyotes brain. No mercy :black101:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Chase should've just eaten that coyotes brain. No mercy :black101:

He will probably purchase a dose of the zombie cure and will do just that.

Are we actually supposed to sympathize with Liv in this arc? Chase is doing everything he can possible do to keep this powder keg from literally blowing up. And Major is completely correct. She put his life on the line there!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 9, 2018

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
The Liv coyote storyline is definitely the least compelling to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cant cook creole bream posted:

Are we actually supposed to sympathize with Liv in this arc? Chase is doing everything he can possible do to keep this powder keg from literally blowing up. And Major is completely correct. She put his life on the line there!

The show seems to want us to, but it isn't working. She is absolutely wrong here and just making things worse for everyone in New Seattle.

• Locked thread