Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

He will be injured, but in the World Series he will be raised from the DL. And the Indians were filled with grief.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The show seems to want us to, but it isn't working. She is absolutely wrong here and just making things worse for everyone in New Seattle.

Except she'll ultimately be a hero because her illegal activities found someome immune and they will magically find another cure.

But even then she is still not the good guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Definitely seemed like it was on the bubble for a minute but iZombie has been renewed.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

#lesbians #twins #badonkadonk

I am eagerly awaiting Angus to unleash all his acolytes and really gently caress up New Seattle then the city gets nuked

muscles like this! posted:

Definitely seemed like it was on the bubble for a minute but iZombie has been renewed.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I'm starting to think that Chase may not be as benevolent as we all assumed.
I guess you have to make him look bad so Liv seems slightly more reasonable.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Won't lie, I shed a tear, possibly more than one, last night.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Greetings from Asbury Park

Was I the only one who found Isobel incredibly annoying? She was acting like a snotty brat in almost every single scene, but the general consensus seems to be that she was cute and adorable.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

Shangela was robbed.

Oasx posted:

Was I the only one who found Isobel incredibly annoying? She was acting like a snotty brat in almost every single scene, but the general consensus seems to be that she was cute and adorable.

I'll let you know once I catch up on these last two episodes, but her intro episode I already found her kind of annoying so

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Oasx posted:

I mean she was a teenage kid dying of a terminal illness who chose to stay behind in Seattle instead of going home to her family to be a guinea pig for the greater good. She might've been a little impetuous but she wanted to knock out some things on her bucket list and she knew she didn't have long.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

Shangela was robbed.

Isobel is a lot of fun so far, I'm surprised. I thought she would be way more smarmy and precoious after she was first introduced, but she's written p well imo and the actress is good.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

YOSPOS

That was a hell of an episode.

Edit: I like Chase Graves villain arc as a guy who's trying to keep everything together through authoritarian means and then snapping under the strain of it all.

Tom Clancy is Dead fucked around with this message at May 15, 2018 around 21:20

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

I'm really not feeling this season, but it's not for a lack of the show trying. I think it's just a handful of misjudged elements in pacing and tone that are sort of dragging it down for me.

Like, to me, this scenario is borderline apocalyptic. And sometimes it wants to be dramatic about it, and tell the tragic story of refugees stuck at the border crossing. And then it wants to be comical, and have Liv dress up as Peyton. Either approach would be fine, but in the same scene?

Chase's mental instability is tragic and dramatic. Brother Love is darkly comical. The same choir backing them is confusing.

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

I like Chase Graves villain arc as a guy who's trying to keep everything together through authoritarian means and then snapping under the strain of it all.

The sad part is that he genuinely didn't intend to kill anyone at the end there. He shoots incompetent (zombie) officers in the chest when they gently caress up badly, it's his MO. But Captain Seattle (understandably) freaked out and tried to kill Chase, compelling Chase to shoot Captain Seattle dead. It's basically the entire New Seattle arc in microcosm.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at May 16, 2018 around 04:10

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know that it was partly a set up for Liv's brain of the week but anyone else think that they're aiming for something bigger with the flu outbreak from this week's episode? It just seemed like a whole lot of humans were sick all at once.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 27, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

I know that it was partly a set up for Liv's brain of the week but anyone else think that they're aiming for something bigger with the flu outbreak from this week's episode? It just seemed like a whole lot of humans were sick all at once.

I don't expect people are very keen to get a flu vaccine after last time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

Final season http://deadline.com/2018/05/jane-th...-cw-1202392949/

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Considering the way it's escalated this feels appropriate.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Greetings from Asbury Park

That gives Rob Thomas time to write more Veronica Mars.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

Shangela was robbed.

I'm 100% content with them having a season to wrap this up, especially with the way poo poo has been escalating these past two seasons. I don't think they could really keep it going, esp with such a goofy tone, for too much longer.

Oasx posted:

That gives Rob Thomas time to write more Veronica Mars.

yes pls

also bring back party down

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Coach Bloodshot
Default Status: SHOUTING

Isobel looks like a young Carey Mulligan.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

I know it was meant to be set up for dramatic flair, but it seemed really strange that Isobel just kinda died off camera. I get the impression that her mom was the breaking point and the real catalyst for the sickness, cause she died pretty much immediately after her mom came. Also I get the impression that the Peyton disguise didn't work in the long run, but how did she think it was going to work at all? I mean, she's a pretty high profile person and just coming in and making a scene will draw even more scrutiny.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Anyone know who Peyton's parents were, and if they'd been on Veronica Mars?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

spookygonk posted:

Anyone know who Peyton's parents were, and if they'd been on Veronica Mars?

Al Sapienza played Papa Charles, and Jill Teed played Peyton's mother. Neither had been on Veronica Mars (probably because they're New York and Vancouver based, respectively).

Who were they reminding you of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Open Source Idiom posted:

Al Sapienza played Papa Charles, and Jill Teed played Peyton's mother. Neither had been on Veronica Mars (probably because they're New York and Vancouver based, respectively).

Who were they reminding you of?

They just looked familiar somehow, and now looking at their IMDB filmographies (which I should have done instead of just posting here) I see they've been in shows I've watched.

«4 »