Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

Four minutes of funny couldn't save the rest of the episode.

I mean, yeah, it could, but even if it couldn’t that and “Truly, Madly, Deeply” vanilla extract, and Tim Timmerson, and honest Blaine could. Easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Eh, even Dutch Oven didn't get a smile out of me. The last two episodes dragged a whole lot.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Eh. I'm loving this season. I'm really happy that the show's got to the point where it has a deep bench of characters to draw from -- the first few seasons tended to kill their recurring characters off after their initial arc was over.

Also, was anyone confused that Blaine's current goon was still alive after Angus brained him in the premier? I mean, I'm probably forgetting a sequence where he stood up and walked the head wound off, but I was momentarily confused.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, I'm loving this season, too. The only issues I've ever had with this show were the Peyton and Blaine nonsense, Liv going too hard on brain personalities, and Liv/Major drama lingering.

Really wish they woulda let Major run away with that nice prostitute.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
It feels like the writers saw the praise Rose McIver got for taking on different personalities and missed the point. Liv ON X brain is what we liked, not Liv basically transforms into X every week.

That said, I'm enjoying this season, and Major on wrestler brains is second only to Major's season 1 finale rampage.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Open Source Idiom posted:

Also, was anyone confused that Blaine's current goon was still alive after Angus brained him in the premier? I mean, I'm probably forgetting a sequence where he stood up and walked the head wound off, but I was momentarily confused.

No, no, there wasn't any getting up moment taped that I can recall either. He was just brained pretty badly by Angus one episode and fine this episode too. I just kinda took it as confirmed that zombies really are pretty hard to kill. What I want to know is how long he'll last once Blaine realizes Angus isn't down the well anymore.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

How has anyone not noticed Angus yet is my question. He and his crew are just loudly going around killing humans and despite running into them this episode Major didn't feel any need to tell anyone up the chain?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm very upset Major didn't have drag queen brain. Though wrestler is also very, very good.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Ahahaha. Brilliant.

http://tvline.com/2018/03/22/rachel-bloom-izombie-season-4-cast/

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
oh my god I'm loving dying

The MATCHO MAJOR says no braaaaaaaaaaains, no gaaaaaaaains OOH YEAH DIG IT

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Now that was a good episode. Nice that they gave Liv at least some time as herself and the FG leader guy is getting a bit more nuanced.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I am a little annoyed that Liv is so completely ignorant to the problem of creating new zombies in a city that is already experiencing food shortages. That being said, I think the last few episodes have been pretty good.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Graves is kind of cool actually. Unlike the previous antagonists he isn't a mustache twirling villain. He's Just a guy who is in a really lovely situation and tries anything to lead his people through. His methods seem to be a bit radical but he's literally trying to prevent the starvation and the nuking of Seattle and there aren't many alternatives.

Major's and DonE's kidnapping roadtrip was fun. But Major kinda sucked at it, considering His experience.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So before it seemed like you could freeze zombies and it was no big deal but now it seems like it's a form of punishment(a few chars have mentioned that it sucks)?

The point is FG should just freeze like 70% of the zombie population to ease up on their food problem. You could even offer them a salary for going to sleep!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I half-expected the twist to be that Chase realized that Major had just created a zombie and might make a better "example". But I guess that was an "authorized" zombification.

Also it's pretty neat that the murderer of the week was Blaine. Considering how high his body count is, I'm surprised this is the first time that's happened.

e: and also, of course, holy poo poo that ending. Liv's new agenda could have been built up to a little better than that, but it owns. Heck, I'm just excited Liv has an agenda now period.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I assume that it is no big deal in that a zombie can be frozen and then brought back with no harm done, but I very much doubt that it is fun.
And it is also better in terms of food than jailing them.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I found it funny that even at FG's fancy hq they still have no better way of thawing zombies than a couple of dudes with hair dryers.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I am both delighted and offended by Clive's attempt at sounding Canadian.

Really looking forward to Liv being a goon.

e: oh gently caress yes she made a poutine, ofc

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Jesus Christ this season is great.

Again, I wish the show had reached this point sooner -- the level of serialisation on display here is way more my taste than the earlier seasons displayed -- but what the gently caress ever. It's great now.

I don't have to add, other adding another voice to the argument that Chase should be freezing more zombies. It opens a whole new kettle of fish, sure, and it's slightly counterproductive. But it's smart in the long term.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

I half-expected the twist to be that Chase realized that Major had just created a zombie and might make a better "example". But I guess that was an "authorized" zombification.

Also it's pretty neat that the murderer of the week was Blaine. Considering how high his body count is, I'm surprised this is the first time that's happened.

e: and also, of course, holy poo poo that ending. Liv's new agenda could have been built up to a little better than that, but it owns. Heck, I'm just excited Liv has an agenda now period.

This is going to lead to Major having to choose between loyalty to FG and not executing Liv though :(

Also, Blaine is just delightful, and he gets better with every season. He's not a 100% sociopath because he genuinely regretted having to give up the New Good Guy Amnesiac Blaine ruse, so you can sympathize with him more than the average mustache-twirler. Plus, it makes the awful things he does even more tragic.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

By far the best episode of the season. The weakest part was Liv on brains, but even that was funny in places and she had enough time being herself. Most of the serial parts of this show are so good, I wish they'd focus more on that than case of the week. It worked this week because they were tied together well.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I've known that the season 3 finale blew up the show's premise. I finally caught up.

Ho-leeeeee poo poo.

Also I got a bit confused as I watched the season in bits and pieces. I remember everything about Major being the Chaos "Killer", but then I thought he was completely exonerated and they blamed all the kidnappings on Max Rager. But he's still considered a killer all year?

Narcissus1916 fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Apr 1, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Narcissus1916 posted:

I've known that the season 3 finale blew up the show's premise. I finally caught up.

Ho-leeeeee poo poo.

Also I got a bit confused as I watched the season in bits and pieces. I remember everything about Major being the Chaos "Killer", but then I thought he was completely exonerated and they blamed all the kidnappings on Max Rager. But he's still considered a killer all year?

The public at large still views him as a killer, yeah.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah I forgot that the public is dumb and completely prone to asshattery.

While I'm hitting the wayback machine, they've referenced Blaine turning Liv way back at the boat party - but why was she the only one turned by Blaine?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

Yeah I forgot that the public is dumb and completely prone to asshattery.

While I'm hitting the wayback machine, they've referenced Blaine turning Liv way back at the boat party - but why was she the only one turned by Blaine?

She wasn't. Her friend with whom she went to the party got infected too.
Also there was a giant fire on a boat on a lake. Many of the would be zombies might have just burned down.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I'm kind of wondering is where the show goes from here. The entire set up for New Seattle doesn't really seem like it can last long term.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
If they play their cards right they could probably get two seasons out of the current status quo. but we"ll see.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

She wasn't. Her friend with whom she went to the party got infected too.
Also there was a giant fire on a boat on a lake. Many of the would be zombies might have just burned down.

Oh shoot, yeah the show moves at such a breakneck pace (even before season 4) that earlier plot points are a complete blur. Can't believe we spent two whole seasons without Clive in on Liv's secret, for instance.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

One thing I'm kind of wondering is where the show goes from here. The entire set up for New Seattle doesn't really seem like it can last long term.

That's sort of Chase's problem. He's trying his best to keep this place afloat, but there's a food shortage, a zombie cult which preaches a new world order, coyotes which circumvent the secured areal and a general who just wants to nuke the whole place down.

This is not a long time solution.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Well after these latest two episodes I think it's clear that this status quo absolutely is not going to last.

Liv taking completely over as the new Renegade owns holy poo poo. I'm really excited for where this is going

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Good job Ravi, eat the junkie brain so you can impress Peyton.

Regy Rusty posted:

Well after these latest two episodes I think it's clear that this status quo absolutely is not going to last.

Liv taking completely over as the new Renegade owns holy poo poo. I'm really excited for where this is going

Eagerly awaiting this to blow up in her face. Let's keep making new zombies when the current situation is barely sustainable :downs:

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
"What to-do to die today at a minute or two 'til two A thing distinctly hard to say yet harder still to do."

That reading alone justifies the entire series.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Not to sound cruel, but scratching people who are going to die already doesn't save anybody. It runs the brain shortage thinner, which means everybody has a chance of ending up a slobbering mindless undead horde. It's not a cure.

TBH until this episode I thought Renegade was smuggling people out, not in. If I'm understanding what's going on right, then this is a horribly reckless thing for Liv to be doing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Not to sound cruel, but scratching people who are going to die already doesn't save anybody. It runs the brain shortage thinner, which means everybody has a chance of ending up a slobbering mindless undead horde. It's not a cure.

It is quite literally a cure. If you could cure any fatal disease at cost of getting HIV would you not do it just because it renders you dependent on something else to stop the HIV from developing into AIDS?

But yeah the challenges of an ever-expanding brain demand are, yeah. :v:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Graves created his own problems so I don't have much sympathy for him. Viva la revolution

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MiddleOne posted:

It is quite literally a cure. If you could cure any fatal disease at cost of getting HIV would you not do it

Going from a fatal disease to a manageable but still lethal disease than can infect other people is uh not great

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Renegade's actual "plan" was to smuggle in a ton of people and then release the video so the world sees how nice and wonderful zombies are and how great the utopia could be. Thus people donates their brain and we solve all of Seattle's problems.

Which, yeah.

Not great, Liz. Not great at all.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Regy Rusty posted:

Graves created his own problems so I don't have much sympathy for him. Viva la revolution

Well technically he just stepped in for his murdered sister after some underlings accelerated the plan on their own. He's been painted from the beginning as someone who's trying to hold things together and make the best of what he knows to be a bad situation.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This zombified production of RENT rly is something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MiddleOne posted:

It is quite literally a cure. If you could cure any fatal disease at cost of getting HIV would you not do it just because it renders you dependent on something else to stop the HIV from developing into AIDS?

But yeah the challenges of an ever-expanding brain demand are, yeah. :v:

Good job Liv, you can save 3-5 people a week by making it slightly worse for everyone. Chase Graves did nothing wrong when he splattered Renegade's brains :colbert:

I am also very disappointed at how incompetent Fillmore Graves are by not noticing the zombie cult lead by Angus.

• Locked thread