Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Eh. I'm loving this season. I'm really happy that the show's got to the point where it has a deep bench of characters to draw from -- the first few seasons tended to kill their recurring characters off after their initial arc was over.

Also, was anyone confused that Blaine's current goon was still alive after Angus brained him in the premier? I mean, I'm probably forgetting a sequence where he stood up and walked the head wound off, but I was momentarily confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Ahahaha. Brilliant.

http://tvline.com/2018/03/22/rachel-bloom-izombie-season-4-cast/

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Jesus Christ this season is great.

Again, I wish the show had reached this point sooner -- the level of serialisation on display here is way more my taste than the earlier seasons displayed -- but what the gently caress ever. It's great now.

I don't have to add, other adding another voice to the argument that Chase should be freezing more zombies. It opens a whole new kettle of fish, sure, and it's slightly counterproductive. But it's smart in the long term.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
If they play their cards right they could probably get two seasons out of the current status quo. but we"ll see.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Oasx posted:

It was nice to see Francis Capra on the show, I think all the major Veronica Mars actors have been on the show now, apart from Kristen Bell.

No Tina Majorino yet.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

I wonder if Rose McIver has it written into her contract that she gets at least one episode a season where she doesn't have to wear the makeup.

It's happened every season, hasn't it?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

esperterra posted:

at least it makes sense in universe while also cutting on zombie makeup costs/time

Yeah, 'cause a lot of people aren't gonna want to go around looking like zombies.

You could do something really interesting with that. But that's a -- fingers crossed -- Season Five thing, probably.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Edit: WOO! I DOUBLE POSTED THIS HAS LITERALLY NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE I AM UNIRONICALLY SO HAPPY

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I'm really not feeling this season, but it's not for a lack of the show trying. I think it's just a handful of misjudged elements in pacing and tone that are sort of dragging it down for me.

Like, to me, this scenario is borderline apocalyptic. And sometimes it wants to be dramatic about it, and tell the tragic story of refugees stuck at the border crossing. And then it wants to be comical, and have Liv dress up as Peyton. Either approach would be fine, but in the same scene?

Chase's mental instability is tragic and dramatic. Brother Love is darkly comical. The same choir backing them is confusing.

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

I like Chase Graves villain arc as a guy who's trying to keep everything together through authoritarian means and then snapping under the strain of it all.

The sad part is that he genuinely didn't intend to kill anyone at the end there. He shoots incompetent (zombie) officers in the chest when they gently caress up badly, it's his MO. But Captain Seattle (understandably) freaked out and tried to kill Chase, compelling Chase to shoot Captain Seattle dead. It's basically the entire New Seattle arc in microcosm.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 16, 2018

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

spookygonk posted:

Anyone know who Peyton's parents were, and if they'd been on Veronica Mars?

Al Sapienza played Papa Charles, and Jill Teed played Peyton's mother. Neither had been on Veronica Mars (probably because they're New York and Vancouver based, respectively).

Who were they reminding you of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Wow, way to torpedo your relationship with Liv, Major. Him spiking her brains was super uncomfortable.

• Locked thread