Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Holy poo poo they killed themselves the second time around too! loving ooooooowned

noooooooo don't compliment them they suuuuuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sorry thread, I let you down, I did not beat Persona 5's final dungeon this evening.

loving multiple bosses in a row, I tell you what...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

MysticalMachineGun posted:

well you certainly eat like him

homeless snail posted:

I know a few places where you can practice sucking

:discourse: :D

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Finally, a month with no new games I want.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I'm like on the final gauntlet of bosses in Bloodborne I just have Lawrence, Orphan of Kos, Pthumerian Irythrall Chalice, and Gehrman w/Moon Presence (was saving that one for NG+ too) and then they announced that Bloodborne is the PS+ game this month and now I'm just gonna start all over to have fun with all the newbies and maybe actually get like one enemy invasion

drat it I was so close to 100% this game :negative:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

omg the secret of mana remake has some hidden alternate tracks that sound better than what was originally used (though still a little too fancy). compare

original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07MrpcQkPz8

alternate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cVv2nvvcsE

Desperate Character posted:

I'm like on the final gauntlet of bosses in Bloodborne I just have Lawrence, Orphan of Kos, Pthumerian Irythrall Chalice, and Gehrman w/Moon Presence (was saving that one for NG+ too) and then they announced that Bloodborne is the PS+ game this month and now I'm just gonna start all over to have fun with all the newbies and maybe actually get like one enemy invasion

drat it I was so close to 100% this game :negative:

10% it anyway and mess with the newbs. or help them

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FirstAidKite posted:

Happy March everybody!

I'm playing through Steve Jackson's Sorcery! Book 1 because I bought Book 4 during the lunar sale and I was waiting to get all 4 games before I went through them.

Any of you ever played Sorcery! at all? They're adaptations of some 80s Fighting Fantasy CYOA RPG books.

Yes (the adaptations, not the originals) and they're insanely good and keep getting better and better as you progress. Book 1 is cool, but 2 blows it out of the water and then 3 expands a ton on the mechanics of 2, and so on. It's such a cool series.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Paradox's "colonize Mars" game will apparently be out on the 15th: Surviving Mars so that's cool.

Pizza Connection 3 releases on the 22nd.

Ash of Gods: Redemption supposedly drops this March.

....not sure if any of these are day one purchases for me, but it's cool that they're releasing.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I checked out the demo from Crossing Souls and I'm kind of interested in it. The production quality seems to be all over the board, with the animated parts looking really cheap and the writing being a little weak (in the beginning, at least. Leans hard into stereotypes and I feel like it could have taken another pass by an editor.) but the pixel art is really something else. Every area is full of one-off details and there seems to be a lot of areas to explore. Combat was sparse but not bad, a little bit like Hyper Light Drifter mixed with the character swapping puzzle mechanics of something like Trine. It's definitely something I'll pick up when it goes on sale.

Pollyanna posted:

omg the secret of mana remake has some hidden alternate tracks that sound better than what was originally used (though still a little too fancy). compare

original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07MrpcQkPz8

alternate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cVv2nvvcsE
Weird contrasts starting right around here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cVv2nvvcsE&t=175s

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

If I was a video game character I would want to be like Kirby!

Same but american mad eyes kirby

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Ugh, lyrics

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
King Dedede is amazing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

There's a Star Allies demo out now

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He's no Computer UI Boss from Kirby Super Star

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
One day Skull Knight's armor will break wide open and there will be a tiny Meta Knight inside.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Taintrunner posted:

I love videogames. They’re so bad

power glove

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Monster Hunter World owns but I'm not very good at it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

suuma posted:

I played the five-monster daily quest the other day and got absolutely murdered by HR Diablos after having captured all the other targets despite the reduction in health.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

suuma posted:

Just play co-op, its tons of fun co-op and it makes it pretty easy.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I played the five-monster daily quest the other day and got absolutely murdered by HR Diablos after having captured all the other targets despite the reduction in health.

This is why I rarely do hunts with more than 2 monsters.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zaphod42 posted:

This is why I rarely do hunts with more than 2 monsters.

They're pretty good, generally, I just hadn't given myself the time to analyze and understand how to fight Diablos. The five-monster event quests are apparently quite good for getting small and large crowns, if you're chasing achievements. I've only done the one I failed but I still got two crowns out of it.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There's a Star Allies demo out now

!!!!

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I think most of my issues are that I just spent like, 200 hours playing Bloodborne + DkS3 and while MH:W combat is similar in theory (dodging, stamina) it's quite different. Also I don't know any of the monster attack patterns/tells yet.

Also this is my first Monster Hunter so the controls haven't been very easy to adapt to in general.

I seem to spend most of my tame chasing the drat monsters around but maybe that gets better.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i'm making into the breach honorary game of the month of march u can't stop me

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played any of their games because they're only on PC rip

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

suuma posted:

I think most of my issues are that I just spent like, 200 hours playing Bloodborne + DkS3 and while MH:W combat is similar in theory (dodging, stamina) it's quite different. Also I don't know any of the monster attack patterns/tells yet.

Also this is my first Monster Hunter so the controls haven't been very easy to adapt to in general.

I seem to spend most of my tame chasing the drat monsters around but maybe that gets better.

Yeah you don't have to chase as much when you get familiar with how far they'll move in a given attack and how far you need to go to be out of the way. In some cases that distance may be half way around the world.

Also the weapons all differ a lot, so if one isn't clicking, move on and maybe revisit it later.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 1, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't played any of their games because they're only on PC rip

They seem big into ios ports too so expect the ipad version soon

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/969285920984739841

i love kirby

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate Kirby!!! I’m going to commit random acts of meanness!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom is what I am looking forward to the most this month. Will probably buy that on PC. Will maybe buy Far Cry 5 as well. Lol at seeing Shroud of the Avatar have a release date though, I have been in early access for that game for years now and it's a piece of poo poo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

That's a good way to get eaten

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am going to be at ECCC this Saturday, so I am looking forward to this!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

Stop posting, Dedede.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The King will shitpost as he pleases.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Taintrunner posted:

You're gonna want a monster to clobber that there Kirby.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

square's doing a sale on steam to distract people from the badness of the chrono trigger port

deus ex mankind divided $6
human revolution DC $3
world of final fantasy $20
type-0 HD $15
lara croft & temple of osiris $3
hitman go $2
lara croft go $2.49
mini ninjas $1.49
deus ex original $0.97
legacy of kain games $0.97
anachronox $0.97
urban chaos $0.97
thief games $0.97 each

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

suuma posted:

Yeah you definitely spend more time chasing them around when you're not as good which is a sort of awkward reverse handicap.

As you do more damage (by getting gud, getting better weapons, and fighting better and more consistently and hitting weak spots) you kill the monster faster, so it has less time to run around. This creates a natural exponential return. The faster you kill the monster, even faster you kill the monster. On and on. Until you get super OP and you can kill the monster before it leaves the first area you find it in.

As you do more damage, you can stagger the monster and keep it stunned in place more so you can fight it longer in one area with no opportunities to run away, and also do more damage in bursts, see above.

As you learn more tricks, you find things like flash pods for making flying monsters fall to the ground, which super helps cut down on how much they can run around and mess with you vs how much time you spend smashing them in the face. Monsters that aren't Elder Dragons can be trapped, which is cool for capturing them but can also be done just to speed up the hunt time. Etc. etc. etc.

Are you eating food for +health or +attack/defense? Consider using nutrients instead of eating for +health, so you can eat for +attack instead. Are you using armorskin and demondrugs? Do you have the armorcharm and weaponcharm / talons? ETC.

(You probably don't know what some of that means, its okay, you will in time)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Taintrunner posted:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
2017's goty, Nier Automagical is down to $30. I think this is only like the first or second time it's been on sale?

edit: okay looks like the third time, but the steepest discount at 50%

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 1, 2018

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everyone please buy Nier Automata.

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/969300010683850752

• Locked thread