Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

It’s very bad color design, but nobody wears a jersey as a fashion item.

nelly did

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

It's back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkONoi15E

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

a false posted:

they were good actually.

Leafs, caps and Rangers should all make their outdoor Jerseys their main jerseys going forward.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

An Ice Hockey team wore White colour rush jerseys.
All those people defending those Leafs jerseys, let that one sink in for a bit.

Caps jerseys weren't bad. Not good, not bad.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Pionk is good as hell.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The description makes me sad though. Sounds like he might be done doing these.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
stop loving up the drat tank rangers!!!!!

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

grack posted:

It's possible they've been swamped by support letters for Johansen from Canucks fans.

Why on earth would they do that

http://corsica.hockey/skater-stats/...toi=50&tab=Main

(edit) This just makes me even more angry about the contract and Huttons benching.

ImplicitAssembler fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 4, 2018

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

LumpyGumby posted:

Speak for yourself.

The Leafs were awful, the Caps weren't bad from a distance.

But what did you think about the jerseys?

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Perfect in every way

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
I just found out that, a few days ago, the Sharks signed someone named Vincent Praplan. Does the name ring any bells for anyone?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

They got really lucky that the power outage happened when it did last night. Did they ever figure out a cause?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Friday’s wind storm in the area knocked out power all over the place, but I’m not sure if/how that could be a factor in them loosing power during the game.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
It's nice to have a season where multiple players have a chance at hitting 100+ points. The last time more than one player hit 100 was in 09-10.

This is also the first year Crosby is out of the top-3 in scoring since 11-12 -- the year he was concussed. Other than his rookie year (where he finished 6th), in every year where Crosby has been healthy, he's finished in the top-3 (a total of 8 times). That number surpasses Jagr's 7, although Jagr finished first 5 times, whereas Crosby has only been first 2 times. To be fair, I just picked Jagr's head out of my head, and it's not a real comparison of who is better.

This has been a post of useless stats.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
So Florida is up 3-0 on Philly and is about to be in the second Wild Card spot with two games in hand on Columbus and Carolina.

If the Devils don't beat Vegas today my butt is gonna clench a bit.

Tampa/Florida
Boston/Toronto
Pittsburgh/Philadelphia
Washington/New Jersey

that would be a cool first round

Barkov doing Barkov things: https://www.nhl.com/video/barkovs-breakaway-ppg/t-294006104/c-58426703

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 4, 2018

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

T-Bone posted:

So Florida is up 3-0 on Philly and is about to be in the second Wild Card spot with two games in hand on Columbus and Carolina.

Tampa/Florida
Boston/Toronto
Pittsburgh/Philadelphia
Washington/New Jersey

Barkov doing Barkov things: https://www.nhl.com/video/barkovs-breakaway-ppg/t-294006104/c-58426703

I would be so happy, and then Florida would beat Tampa somehow and we’d be the new red wings.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
It really is amazing how bad Edmonton is with the year Mcdavid is having. I'd say if you put him on any other team in the league except Arizona and Buffalo that team would be a playoff team or real close. Even Vancouver I think would be.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Twin Cinema posted:

It's nice to have a season where multiple players have a chance at hitting 100+ points. The last time more than one player hit 100 was in 09-10.

This is also the first year Crosby is out of the top-3 in scoring since 11-12 -- the year he was concussed. Other than his rookie year (where he finished 6th), in every year where Crosby has been healthy, he's finished in the top-3 (a total of 8 times). That number surpasses Jagr's 7, although Jagr finished first 5 times, whereas Crosby has only been first 2 times. To be fair, I just picked Jagr's head out of my head, and it's not a real comparison of who is better.

This has been a post of useless stats.

MacKinnon should probably win the Hart if Colorado makes it.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I’m working today, good god I know the Panthers have Luongo back, but how are the Flyers down 4-0?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

I’m working today, good god I know the Panthers have Luongo back, but how are the Flyers down 4-0?

Florida has been red hot since the break and the Flyers looked exhausted after the marathon scorefest with Tampa Bay yesterday

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/LW3H/status/970119463164153863

Hahahahaha

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

It really is amazing how bad Edmonton is with the year Mcdavid is having. I'd say if you put him on any other team in the league except Arizona and Buffalo that team would be a playoff team or real close. Even Vancouver I think would be.

Vancouver definitely would, they have some talented young forwards (Boeser in particular would be a dream for McDavid) and their D is better than Edmonton's

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/OskarsTheBart/status/970435164533911553

Same, Oskars.

Same.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Vancouver definitely would, they have some talented young forwards (Boeser in particular would be a dream for McDavid) and their D is better than Edmonton's

Speaking of dream wingers for Connor, Taylor just hit 30 goals today and is an MVP candidate

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Speaking of dream wingers for Connor, Taylor just hit 30 goals today and is an MVP candidate

but if Taytay were on Connor's wing still, then Edmonton would have a culture problem instead of a scoring problem, and that's way worse i guess

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think I'd probably play Hall with Nuge (who is pretty similar to Hischier) if he were still on Edmonton and let him and McDavid just get zone entries all day for free and mega PP points

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Preds have won 8 in a row.

I kinda hope they win the President's Cup but I don't want that to jinx them out of the Stanley Cup.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

bizarre deformity posted:

Preds have won 8 in a row.

I kinda hope they win the President's Cup but I don't want that to jinx them out of the Stanley Cup.

I like the preds, but I want them to win the Washington capitals cup too, instead of the lightning.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Being fair, his icetime was so high because McAvoy was injured 37 seconds into the game, so every single Bruins' defenceman played north of 20 minutes. When they have a full complement of D-men, he gets third pairing minutes.

That said, he has looked pretty good in the ice time he's gotten. He looks like an actual NHL defenceman, rather than the pylon who only does ~BIG HITZ~ I expected based on the way RAS talked about him.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

T-Bone posted:

Tampa/Florida
Boston/Toronto
Pittsburgh/Philadelphia
Washington/New Jersey

I hope you've sufficiently clenched your butt

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Taylor Halls are doing their best

I think they'll still probably make it because Columbus, Carolina, and the Islanders are so mediocre but who knows

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Lost Season posted:

Being fair, his icetime was so high because McAvoy was injured 37 seconds into the game, so every single Bruins' defenceman played north of 20 minutes. When they have a full complement of D-men, he gets third pairing minutes.

That said, he has looked pretty good in the ice time he's gotten. He looks like an actual NHL defenceman, rather than the pylon who only does ~BIG HITZ~ I expected based on the way RAS talked about him.

The what now?

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Torey Krug had ten shots on goal in that game, wow.

e: I just looked it up and the record is held by Ray Bouque who had 19 shots on goal in a March 1991 game in which Ron Tugnutt made 70 saves on 73 shots.

Zodijackylite fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 5, 2018

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I want to see a line graph of Florida's place in the Wild Card race this season.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I think the Jets/Hurrcaine's third period went the entire length without a commercial break.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Lost Season posted:

We hated it when he was given top pairing minutes because AV is a dipshit about defensemen and he had a horrid run paired with Staal in last years playoffs but generally is a solid enough player with the right usage. He doesn’t hit much and is fairly mobile so I don’t know where you got the impression that he hits a lot and is slow

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Levitate posted:

We hated it when he was given top pairing minutes because AV is a dipshit about defensemen and he had a horrid run paired with Staal in last years playoffs but generally is a solid enough player with the right usage. He doesn’t hit much and is fairly mobile so I don’t know where you got the impression that he hits a lot and is slow

I dunno, generally when I see people mad about defensemen its usually the hard-hitting pylon types (see Sbisa, Gudbranson, McQuaid, etc.), so I guess I just lumped him in with them? :shrug:

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
holden is bad because he doesn't read plays well and does a lot of puckwatching

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

a false posted:

holden is bad because he doesn't read plays well and does a lot of puckwatching

he has a good first pass in that he just chucks the puck up the ice and hopes it lands on his teammate's stick.

Holden is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

T-Bone posted:

The Taylor Halls are doing their best

I think they'll still probably make it because Columbus, Carolina, and the Islanders are so mediocre but who knows

Columbus is warming up a little and plays its fair share of crappy teams this month, but they still had to hang on for dear life to beat the Sharks in the third.

The team they all need to watch out for is Florida, though the Jackets bounced them right back out with the win tonight. That said, I thought I heard Fancy Cats have four games left against Boston, which is where they'll prove their mettle. :stare:

edit-

Edward Mass posted:

I want to see a line graph of Florida's place in the Wild Card race this season.

Scroll down about halfway:
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/Florida.html

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 5, 2018

• Locked thread