Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BWV
Feb 24, 2005

maybe it was a breadbowl and he was just trying to share the fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Maybe Damon brought him the soup without a spoon and JR tried to do the Coming to America "taste the soup!" bit.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

A fun interview with Raptor legends Kyle, Demar and Alvin Williams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVZLahmkwDY

Makes me think how I was annoyed when the Raps couldnt get Nash but had they got him it would've hosed everything right up.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

classic glitchy 2K putting Wes Johnson on the wrong team

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

since we're making GBS threads on refs does anyone feel like they are much quicker to T someone (not named Draymond) up than previous years? It's probably confirmation bias but I swear in the past people had to do worse poo poo.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Missed a perfect opportunity to ask Shaq how his Oscar/rear end tastes.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

all my film obsessed pals really hated the Kobe short but I dont care because the Oscars need more NBA and having Laura Dern and Kobe is a good start.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Sam Hinkie is Charles de Gaul and we're all just living in Petain's France

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

SI profiled Dwane Casey and it is pretty cool for those who don't know about his crazy career. He's really grown on me even though I will be cursing his name and demanding he get fired in a few months

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/03/06/dwane-casey-raptors-kyle-lowry-demar-derozan-kentucky-ncaa

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Please subscribe to my new thread. "Definitely Get Past the Labia:" Testing the Veracity of Denials with a Consenting Partner.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Brb getting some tortilla soup and a consenting partner.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Look, I wasn't going to say anything. But after a diligent and repeatable experiment I can confirm that your mom did indeed want to get the pipe.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

KAT is no YAK

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

after seeing the Serge ejection replay I return to my earlier point that the refs this year are more self righteous than ever and need to chill the gently caress out.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

ANYTHING HAPPEN TODAY

no one got fingered if that's what you're asking

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Did anyone mention yet that Hakeem never blew a 3-1 lead in the WCF and then join a team that blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA finals.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

dokmo posted:

I'm watching the pistons raps game from yesterday and Blake Griffin literally has no idea what he's doing defensively.

Too busy not trying to make eye contact with the Austrian demigod who emasculated him last time they played.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

it's weird to compare their defense ability when one generation relied so heavily on rim protection/anchoring while another depends almost entirely on switching/versatility. Just like Hakeem would probably be less valuable when teams play 4/5 out so would Durant be less effective guarding against more post-based offenses.
I'm doubly biased though. On the one hand I think most current players are better than their forefathers. On the other hand Kevin Durant is a world class bitch and would probably switch sports if he had to play against some of those 90s teams.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

CBC radio just (re)aired a great episode on the life and work of Hannah Arendt. I was listening during the end of the Celtics/T-Wolves game
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/ideas/the-human-factor-hannah-arendt-1.2913887

Very timely considering our earlier discussions about whether Kevin Durant is truly evil or just a basic bitch following orders.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

MourningView posted:

A seven foot guy who can shoot 40% from three and handle like a guard does not actually seem super easy to replace to me

yea god forbid you replaced him with Harrison Barnes. Imagine how many wins you'd miss out on.

jk I get what you're saying. Just think its funny that such a unique player plays for a team that in a sense needs him the least.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

KD just wanted a chance to Tell His Story and Syngergize with like-minded Creatives to generate his own Original Content.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Check out my 12000 word column where I determine which actor is a a Low Key Peak Unicorn. Spoiler, it's which ever one reminds me the most of Tom Brady in 2007

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Really wishing OG was healthy. my thinking is the Raps will go down big in the first quarter. Get it to within 10 by the 4th. Be within 4 with 2 minutes left and lose by 5.

The game will have many dunks. Lowry will 100% get a technical.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

what is this world i've clicked myself into

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Repost from GDT but I am in heat come find me. On that Raptor high eat me

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

One day we will forget how bad IT was for the Cavs. But we shouldn't. I don't know why but it was so enjoyable to watch him get owned night after night. Which is weird because I like LeBron and usually don't cheer against his teammates. It must have to do with him being a former Celtic right ?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

That Knicks team was so much better before they traded for Melo

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Just want to point out that Toronto is 49-17 since trading that bum Demarre Carroll

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Losing to Cleveland in the conference final would be just as disappointing as losing to them in the second round. The team is playing so well that if they lose to anyone before the finals it'll be the result of a massive choke job/a big drop off in performance o some crazy poo poo like Giannis averaging 50.
Obviously I'd prefer the easiest route but I'm not sweating seeding like other years.

BWV fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 12, 2018

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

It's real nice to have going to the finals be an expectation

Yea that's one side of it. The other side is setting all of us up for collosal disappointment. LIVING MAN

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The team is different than previous years both in style of play and personnel. The idea that they poo poo the bed in previous years isn't relevant. Unless you think Cleveland is currently just as likely to win this year because Kyrie was on the team last year.

All I'm saying is that I'll be disappointed if they don't make the finals considering how theyve played the last 4 months. Eating poo poo two years ago or last year to significantly better opponents doesn't really seem like a viable metric for predicting the future.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

If Cleveland had last year's team my expectations would change but I don't get why Larry Nance , George Hill and Rodney Hood are supposed to make me think they are just as good. LeBron , more so than other superstars, can still dominate and win a series on his own but this is obviously his weakest team since pre big 3 Heat.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

All I said was that id be disappointed if they didn't make it one round deeper than their previous best. This isn't some objective measurement and I don't care to convince anyone that they are better than Your Team. It's just where my expectations have settled after seeing how well they've played and how poor/inconsistent some of their rivals played. Historically I'd say I'm one of the more cynical posters when it comes to this stuff. Which makes me equally surprised that my expectations are anywhere above them taking a dump on the court.

You all should be loving this. Imagine the level of poo poo posting I'll get to when they lose game 1 to the Bucks. I might as well think of a toxx before hand to get equally unstable.

BWV fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Mar 13, 2018

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

We should start a pool picking dates for Fultz's first regular season game back. Bonus option for how many shots he takes before attempting a 3.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

14/15 and 15/16 warriors.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I always thought Chauncey was such a baller for taking pull up 3s in transition. Turns out everyone can do it. Jokes on me :(

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Crazy idea incoming:

In the future will teams ban their players from needlessly blocking shots after non-shooting fouls? Like will they have a metric that says each players has a total of X amounts of leaps in their career and ban it to keep players more fresh? Or do you think a player like Lebron, who already pays upwards of a million a year to keep his body in shape, will find out other minuscule areas to optimize his physical conditioning? Imagining how in 50 years players will be transported in hibernation chambers and all non-basketball motion will be limited.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Raps game was pretty interesting. And it was sort of like a playoff game in that the Nets had clearly scouted the Raptors pretty well (obviously their roster is not a playoff roster tho). Defensively they did this thing where they really pressed the ball handlers forcing it to the bigs in the paint. The Raptor bigs are actually pretty good at moving the ball but it led to some missed 3s and turnovers. In the second half the Raps were just more polished down the stretch and the bigs made a lot of strong plays. Offensively the 5 out stuff really hosed with the Raptor bigs especially Ibaka who got lost all the time. One adjustment I liked that Casey made was just going all out on the close outs and forcing the smaller Nets to take very contested shots near the rim. Had the Nets players been more polished they probably would've made the Raptors pay. Finally, betting on D'Angelo is widely entertaining but I dont think my heart could handle it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Siakam is the man. He is best buds with our pal Jake giving the Raptors TWO pairs of adorable besties.

Number 1 in point differential. Number 1 in friendship. I'll beat you to the joke: Number 1 in losing game 1 of a playoff series

• Locked thread