Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

fsif posted:

I really can't believe that Bridgewater contract.

It's an amazing "gently caress you" contract but I wasn't sure that Teddy would even get the opportunity to compete for a starting job so it's probably the best he could get. If he gets injured or goes in and plays like poo poo he's probably done for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Play posted:

It's an amazing "gently caress you" contract but I wasn't sure that Teddy would even get the opportunity to compete for a starting job so it's probably the best he could get. If he gets injured or goes in and plays like poo poo he's probably done for good.

I find this funny since you died on a hill defending Bradford even though hes been injured more than Bridgewater...

Play
Apr 25, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

I find this funny since you died on a hill defending Bradford even though hes been injured more than Bridgewater...

Bradford has had more success than Bridgewater and has played more in the past few years. Both by a lot.

But my post wasn't taking any position on whether it's a good thing or a bad thing. Actually, I would've liked to see Teddy get more than that and I would absolutely love to see him have success. I was just opining on why the contract was so small and I do honestly believe that if he doesn't perform well this is the last time he'll be given the chance to compete for a starting job.

Play fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 23, 2018

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Play posted:

Bradford has had more success than Bridgewater and has played more in the past few years. Both by a lot.

Source your quotes.

Seriously...I want to know what Bradford you have been watching.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

CyberPingu posted:

Source your quotes.

Seriously...I want to know what Bradford you have been watching.

He was good in Minnesota when he wasn't injured. And he wasn't the problem in Philly.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i don’t know why Philly fans hate Bradford so much. Maybe cause he was the last vestige of Chip Kelly and was a baby about Wentz but poo poo, they received a 1st and 4th rounder for him and now have a Super Bowl thanks in part to that 1st rounder and the cap space he netted. i’d think they be over it by now.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He was good in Minnesota when he wasn't injured. And he wasn't the problem in Philly.

No I meant more about him playing more. He hasn't ever had a full season has he?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
his rookie and third year he started 16 games. 2016 he only started 15 games but he only missed the first game of the season because of the timing of the trade to MIN, not because his health.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

WHOOPS posted:

his rookie and third year he started 16 games. 2016 he only started 15 games but he only missed the first game of the season because of the timing of the trade to MIN, not because his health.

Huh, fair enough, i thought he got injured in his first year in Min and thats what caused thenm to drop off a cliff.

Still wouldnt take him over Bridgewater though.

WHOOPS posted:

i don’t know why Philly fans hate Bradford so much. Maybe cause he was the last vestige of Chip Kelly and was a baby about Wentz but poo poo, they received a 1st and 4th rounder for him and now have a Super Bowl thanks in part to that 1st rounder and the cap space he netted. i’d think they be over it by now.

I dont hate him, I just dont get how every fan of the team he goes to gets all misty eyed and thinks "Oh yeah hes totally done with the injuries that he has had for basically every season since he came into the league"

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

WHOOPS posted:

We... do?

I'm sure I've seen some fans say they weren't totally behind him as a long-term starter (I'm one of them) but I think hate is a really strong word. He seemed like a journeyman QB when he arrived in Philly. He's had some good games, and I wasn't totally behind the trade before I heard what the compensation was, but I can't blame anyone for not totally backing him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It really just comes down to health, it's that simple. He absolutely tore up the Saints in week one this season and he was throwing strongly and very accurately. That was his last totally healthy game I believe so it's not that surprising some people are into it despite the risks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrd7PNylP3Q

I admit I really like the way he plays QB, when he's healthy I think he's much better than Bridgewater and so do most people. But would I want him on my team? Probably not if you can't count on his health.

• Locked thread