Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I wish Netflix did a ‘skip Form Voltron sequence’ button.

Oh, there’s already a date set for next season! June 15th guys!

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chedranian Girl
Sep 15, 2008

IS THAT A WEAPON?
In the last week I finally caught up with Steven Universe and just now finished Voltron, found this thread from the SU thread and I'm so glad there's a thread for it!

Whole series has been a lot darker (with only one "lighter" episode), which I'm thoroughly enjoying. I don't know what I personally think Shiro's deal is right now but I wish he'd get his old hair back. Absolutely adore Lotor, still not a fan of Allura. Hunk backstory episode when?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

The_Doctor posted:

I wish Netflix did a ‘skip Form Voltron sequence’ button.

Oh, there’s already a date set for next season! June 15th guys!

oh nice. That owns. Now if only they could announce a date for Castlevania season 2...

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

oh nice. That owns. Now if only they could announce a date for Castlevania season 2...

"Konami has decided to use the animation we've completed so far for Season 2 in a pachinko machine instead. Also they sent large men over to break our knees with baseball bats."

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Hunk getting plot focus screwed is just proud Voltron tradition.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

McTimmy posted:

He's so far been the Normal of the group. He's not half-Galra, or a clone, or plaything of destiny, or a 10,000 year old princess, or has family that were space hostages so they don't really have anything worthwhile to do with him aside from explore his relationship with his cutie bug girlfriend.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I do wish Shay would show up more. Maybe have her join the crew to help around the castle.

You'd think that with the Voltron Coalition growing, they'd be able to put together some staff to help take care of the ship, but I guess Coran prefers to handle it himself.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Chedranian Girl posted:

In the last week I finally caught up with Steven Universe and just now finished Voltron, found this thread from the SU thread and I'm so glad there's a thread for it!

Whole series has been a lot darker (with only one "lighter" episode), which I'm thoroughly enjoying. I don't know what I personally think Shiro's deal is right now but I wish he'd get his old hair back. Absolutely adore Lotor, still not a fan of Allura. Hunk backstory episode when?

With how it was presented, my assumption was that the Shiro that's with the group is a Galra clone Haggar created to spy on them, while the real Shiro is still trapped on a space base somewhere. That's why he didn't show up with the rest of the group in Lion Space, because the person who DID show up was the real Shiro.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhonne posted:

You'd think that with the Voltron Coalition growing, they'd be able to put together some staff to help take care of the ship, but I guess Coran prefers to handle it himself.

We've never needed a crew before.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

CeallaSo posted:

With how it was presented, my assumption was that the Shiro that's with the group is a Galra clone Haggar created to spy on them, while the real Shiro is still trapped on a space base somewhere. That's why he didn't show up with the rest of the group in Lion Space, because the person who DID show up was the real Shiro.

This is my read of the situation as well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

This is my read of the situation as well.

That's totally what the visuals have suggested so far. Remember when Shiro escaped, he saw another longer-haired Shiro also held captive in the lab. Also Kuron is Japanese for clone

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style

McTimmy posted:

The definintely need to have Hunk spearhead a storyline. He has't had his own mission or deeper development dive since the Balmira back in season 1.

Current Shiro is definitely a clone or something made by Haggar. I'm betting by the end of season 6 Keith is going to be back in Black Lion because real Shiro will be dead or traumatized.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Part of me also hopes that Lotor knows Kuron Shiro is a thing and that the parameters are for him to subconsciously side with any Galra nearby. Like, Lotor just knows Shiro is on his side and that's how he knew his fight with dad and taking the Black Lion to the purple fire festival were gonna work out.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Even if Shiro is a Galra agent, those still feel like they were the right choices to me. The Voltron crew haven't watched the old show and unless you've got a better person to sit the throne, you could do a lot worse than putting Lotor on there.

e: But then, I'd have also suggested an arranged marriage as a way to unite the resistance with the Galra empire, full-on medieval style

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ok, do you guys trust Lotor? I feel like currently he’s almost Spike from Buffy. Once he passed antagonist stage, he hung around and made himself useful, but there was always that feeling that he’d turn on you in a moment.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I don't trust him, but he is also the lesser evil.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I don't trust him, but he is also the lesser evil.

p much this. It's not like we've seen some other, better option for leading the Galra and since they won't follow a non-Galra, your best bet is to install a friendly leader, or at least someone who can be bargained with. I don't believe for one second that he'll stop when the Galra achieve 'unlimited energy' but there's a real question as to why the alliance can't also be on board with harnessing Quintessence for their power source?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder what is going to happen with the clone when all this comes to a head. He seems like even he doesn't know he's a clone and that would make him just as much a victim of Haggar's scheme as everyone else.

I also wonder if Haggar will try to get rid of Lance somehow since he's the only one who really suspects anything. Maybe try to replace him with Keith since he's so trusting of Shiro.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I think that given the way he reacted when Allura tried to him that Honerva and Haggar were the same person, Lotor getting hard confirmation that his mother really is an evil genocidal space witch just might be enough to tip him over to the good side for real... but who knows?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

I think that given the way he reacted when Allura tried to him that Honerva and Haggar were the same person, Lotor getting hard confirmation that his mother really is an evil genocidal space witch just might be enough to tip him over to the good side for real... but who knows?

I read that scene in that he does know who Haggar really is (or at the very least has very strong suspicions), but he just doesn’t want to accept it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

The_Doctor posted:

I read that scene in that he does know who Haggar really is (or at the very least has very strong suspicions), but he just doesn’t want to accept it.

True enough. But like I said, I still suspect the "accepting it" part is gonna come parcel with a big dose "Okay, I don't want to be on your team anymore." Because I just don't see any sort of scenario where Lotor and Haggar work together willingly unless Lotor gets amazingly desperate or Haggar just wammies him into serving her.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I hope Kuron Shiro and Regular Shiro come face to face and just hug it out. Everyone on Team Voltron cheers that there's TWO Space Daddies to take care of them.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Nah the way this ends is kuron shiro goes against his programming, turns good, and give a his life saving real shiro

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I want an elaborate double fakeout- cloning humans turns out to be too much trouble to deal with, so fake Shiro is just his identical brother Ryou with some brainwashing.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I hope Kuron Shiro and Regular Shiro come face to face and just hug it out. Everyone on Team Voltron cheers that there's TWO Space Daddies to take care of them.

My money's on real Shiro being trapped inside the Black Lion and eventually doing some kind of crazy spirit-merge with clone Shiro into one person or something.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

YggiDee posted:

I want an elaborate double fakeout- cloning humans turns out to be too much trouble to deal with, so fake Shiro is just his identical brother Ryou with some brainwashing.

I bet Fake Shiro will start calling himself Ryou after he breaks free from Haggar's control.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Maybe I'm confusing it with memories of Lake Laogai from Avatar, but didn't Haggar have a whole frickin room full of Shiro clones that Kuron Shiro kind of bumbled past in a haze during his possibly staged escape from her lab?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Maybe I'm confusing it with memories of Lake Laogai from Avatar, but didn't Haggar have a whole frickin room full of Shiro clones that Kuron Shiro kind of bumbled past in a haze during his possibly staged escape from her lab?

Yes, he ran past real Shiro who was restrained. Note kuron Shiro wasn’t restrained at all.

Edit: misremembered who had long hair.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 15, 2018

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Part of me also hopes that Lotor knows Kuron Shiro is a thing and that the parameters are for him to subconsciously side with any Galra nearby. Like, Lotor just knows Shiro is on his side and that's how he knew his fight with dad and taking the Black Lion to the purple fire festival were gonna work out.

I disagree - remember what happened to the last person Haggar used to spy on him? Considering she's also head of the project and he makes a point of avoiding her as much as possible, I can't see him having anything to do with it.

As far as he's concerned, Shiro's just a nice dude who's willing to give him a chance and like, totally gets him, man :unsmith:

(:smith:)

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Hello there, dead thread! The trailer for Season 6 is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMRvbPZUILs

Looks pretty good imo. I like that they're playing the long game with good Lotor

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

TheChirurgeon posted:

Hello there, dead thread! The trailer for Season 6 is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMRvbPZUILs

Looks pretty good imo. I like that they're playing the long game with good Lotor

I do love that they’ve arc that out so well that at this point either he actually really is a good person at heart and they’re deviating from the source material, or that betrayal reveal is going to be amazing when (if) it drops :allears:

E: Also, petition to change the thread title to Voltron Season 6 - You Can’t Spell Voltron without “Lotor”.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

There's also apparently going to be a D&D episode:

Warrior Pidge is great. :allears:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
That looks like it'll be a fun episode. Also Serious Paladin Shiro is perfect.

nine-gear crow posted:

I do love that they’ve arc that out so well that at this point either he actually really is a good person at heart and they’re deviating from the source material, or that betrayal reveal is going to be amazing when (if) it drops :allears:

E: Also, petition to change the thread title to Voltron Season 6 - You Can’t Spell Voltron without “Lotor”.

motion seconded.

I like that they're playing the long game here, too--it's a smart move, given that you can only get so much mileage out of "monster of the week" episodes and if Lotor is going to do a heel turn and be the final villain, the more time they spend setting him up, the better.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

nine-gear crow posted:

Thirded, but I don't actually know how!

Also, trailer is looking good.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

OB_Juan posted:

Thirded, but I don't actually know how!

Also, trailer is looking good.

I've pinged the TVIV mods about it.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
I'm mostly curious as to where they'll go with Pidge's father returning to Earth and telling his buddies all about the evil empire that's been ruling a big chunk of the galaxy. Vehicle Voltron, perhaps?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Cockmaster posted:

I'm mostly curious as to where they'll go with Pidge's father returning to Earth and telling his buddies all about the evil empire that's been ruling a big chunk of the galaxy. Vehicle Voltron, perhaps?

Vehicle would probably get some sorta parody/ember island players type riff on it but otherwise would be ignored.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I am here for my catboy son :3:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

The_Doctor posted:

I am here for my catboy son :3:

And out there across the internet, a whole horde of Galra!Keith fangirls fume in frustration that it’s Lance who ends up sporting a pair of cat ears first...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

And out there across the internet, a whole horde of Galra!Keith fangirls fume in frustration that it’s Lance who ends up sporting a pair of cat ears first...

I 'unno, Cat Ear!LanceXGalra!Keith fanart will probably be worth it for them