Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I wish Netflix did a ‘skip Form Voltron sequence’ button.

Oh, there’s already a date set for next season! June 15th guys!

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhonne posted:

You'd think that with the Voltron Coalition growing, they'd be able to put together some staff to help take care of the ship, but I guess Coran prefers to handle it himself.

We've never needed a crew before.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

This is my read of the situation as well.

That's totally what the visuals have suggested so far. Remember when Shiro escaped, he saw another longer-haired Shiro also held captive in the lab. Also Kuron is Japanese for clone

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ok, do you guys trust Lotor? I feel like currently he’s almost Spike from Buffy. Once he passed antagonist stage, he hung around and made himself useful, but there was always that feeling that he’d turn on you in a moment.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

I think that given the way he reacted when Allura tried to him that Honerva and Haggar were the same person, Lotor getting hard confirmation that his mother really is an evil genocidal space witch just might be enough to tip him over to the good side for real... but who knows?

I read that scene in that he does know who Haggar really is (or at the very least has very strong suspicions), but he just doesn’t want to accept it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Maybe I'm confusing it with memories of Lake Laogai from Avatar, but didn't Haggar have a whole frickin room full of Shiro clones that Kuron Shiro kind of bumbled past in a haze during his possibly staged escape from her lab?

Yes, he ran past real Shiro who was restrained. Note kuron Shiro wasn’t restrained at all.

Edit: misremembered who had long hair.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 15, 2018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I am here for my catboy son :3:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Well, that was an ending.

The M&M episode was a very necessary stopgap breather before the final 4 episode run. It was amazing how every episode felt so much longer than the 22-23 minutes. They packed a hell of a lot into all those episodes, including almost completely ignoring the bombshell they dropped that original Shiro died/was killed. I thought since we saw a glimpse of Real Shiro in Kuron Shiro’s breakout that he was just being held in cryo or in a cell somewhere on Haggar’s ship. When Kuron Shiro took Keith to the clone facility, I thought he’d find Real Shiro there and free him. But nope, Real Shiro died and we never even saw it. :smith:

One thing I did notice this season (and last) was how space-y science fiction everything felt. The locations, the tech design, the sound. More than anything it felt like the makers were drawing on Mass Effect 1 for reference with it all. Not that I’m complaining, it worked very well, and there’s no other show out there that looks like Voltron does.

Also can we talk about how awesome the soundtrack was this season? I admit, it seemed to draw heavily again from the Mass Effect well, but it all worked so well. It’s available here to listen on Brian Parkhurst’s Soundcloud. Tracks like ‘The Facility’ remind me of ME’s ‘Vigil’ or ‘Noveria’, and it was so well used.

This season has been a great little run, and I’m kind of sad they finally broke through the ‘will Lotor betray them?’ tension (although I was kind of hoping he wouldn’t), and have him go full hog.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I like that we all pegged Lotor’s ship as part of his own Voltron way back, because it clearly looked like a pair of legs.

When Keith’s eyes went all cat-like during his fight with Shiro, was that his Galran ancestry coming through?

And yeah, I don’t remember season 1 either it seems.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jun 20, 2018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Talen_Soti posted:

Netflix is already showing that s7 comes August 10.

Dang, I thought it was coming in October! That’s fast!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Voltron Season 7: There’s still hope for your Allotor ship

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

In the show too, that’s awesome.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

And thus all the Shiro/Keith shippers’ heads explode because that whole fight at the end of the last season was basically one giant anguished declaration of love and it turns out, womp womp, he already has a boyfriend.

Buuuut, Shiro has been away from Earth for a long time, so there's a chance Adam has moved on. And the show just aged Keith up by a couple of years, so he's more in Shiro's ballpark..

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I didn’t realise that the next season is the penultimate season. So the series will be completely done by the end of the year? Aww. :saddowns:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I am ready for super gay times!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ugh, you people with free time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ok, 2 episodes in and so far, so good. Also the music is great. It’s all super Mass Effect-y.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Koirhor posted:

We're in Earth's solar system the Milky Way! Jesus christ

God that line makes so little sense it hurts.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

I dunno hasn't it been like hundreds of years? I imagine it's possible, on a long enough timeline. Your brain maybe just can't hold enough information

10,000 years I thought?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

SardonicTyrant posted:

But Lotor's about the same age as the Paladins, maybe a bit older. So either Haggar had him relatively recently or Lotor is super old as well.

I mean it's fine, it doesn't bug me, but it's kinda funny.

Lotor is super old too.

quote:

According to series staff, Lotor is 10,000 years old because he was already conceived by the time Honerva entered the rift on Daibazaal. He was born after she became Haggar and admits to living several centuries' worth of time. The exposure to Quintessence of the rift, which has become part of his DNA, allows him to retain a youthful appearance, as his body ages at a much slower rate than other Galra.
Allura was born before Lotor, but because she was put in a stasis sleep for 10,000 years and he instead experienced those 10,000 years' worth of time, Lotor is older than her.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/voltron/status/1062737013638606849

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ghostnuke posted:

omgggggggg you guys I watched all of s7 thinking that it was the final season, that bit at the end had me dying.

That would make for one hell of an unsatisfying cliffhanger series ending.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

tribbledirigible posted:

Kaltenecker was a bull all along

Shiro always knew. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh god, I’m watching this all on Tuesday to last me a really long day’s flying. Gotta hold out till then!