Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Merla wasn't from Planet Doom, she had her own conquered corner of the galaxy she came from before allying with Zarkon.

Everything in the OG series gets a vague shrug of lumped under "Drules" but there's very clearly different species umbrella'd under that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Hunk getting plot focus screwed is just proud Voltron tradition.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Cockmaster posted:

I'm mostly curious as to where they'll go with Pidge's father returning to Earth and telling his buddies all about the evil empire that's been ruling a big chunk of the galaxy. Vehicle Voltron, perhaps?

Vehicle would probably get some sorta parody/ember island players type riff on it but otherwise would be ignored.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

He straight up said it happened at the end of Season 1 when he got sucked into the Black Lion. Whatever he did to beat Zarkon when he reclaimed the Black Bayard destroyed his physical body, so he’s been dead at since since then. Season 1 Shiro was the real Shiro. The one from Season 2 onward was the clone.

Season 2 is the Zarkon fight and Shiro vanishing. Season 1 ends with everyone separated.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Koirhor posted:

We're in Earth's solar system the Milky Way! Jesus christ

Just continuing the proud Voltron tradition of blurry lines between galaxies, solar systems and universes.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Hmmm, I wonder if this means the Castle of Lions could have transformed as well.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

https://twitter.com/Voltron/status/1048576395977351168

The final "literally everyone" cast poster was release as a part of the NYCC Voltron panel today too. It's a mashup of Seasons 7 and 8, so it's got some spoiler details on it:

Colour-coded Garrison uniforms!

A fuckton of new Altean characters!

Slav in a Garrison uniform!

A 5th member of the B-Team!

Kid Lotor?!

Axca and Veronica hooking up?!

Robo-OG Pidge?!

December's gonna be wild.

That Robo-OG Pidge is actually a robo Chip, OG-Pidge's brother from Vehicle.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Only wholesome names like Hardware allowed.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
The old lions basically destroyed the episode's Doom Fleet/Army before forming Voltron because they were mad useless against the Robeast. They never really reached "solve the episode's non-fighty problems" that the LD Lions do.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Going through slow due to RL stuff but thoughts on Ep1

Old Pidge's voice was actually even higher than the video made it seem.

Ironically, due to the way old Voltron was cut Lance/Allura had more grounds to than Keith/Allura despite what Hunk said.

Hunk being a total bro was good to see.

Coleen being such a mom was amazing.

Pidge and Allura's foray into their old costumes was great.

Awwww neat, Lance/Allura confirmed.

Old Pidge being a space ninja wasn't actually brought up until Voltron Force.

EP5 OK, they survived, neat, even if silly. But it really feels like there's an episode missing from last season explaining that and the break-up and how Acxa even knew that.

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 16, 2018

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Rhonne posted:

That was a great final season. I really loved that last episode.

Did anyone notice that Pidge made Vehicle Voltron in that ending montage?

Ep13 stuff. They even had most of the pilots. Modoc and Cinda showed up after Robo-Chip's little segment. Then the final card had, from left to right: Wolo, Ginger (I think, the hair is off), Cinda, Hutch (or Marvin), Cliff, Jeff, loving Zandee (I hate you so), Rocky, Marvin (or Hutch), Robo-Chip, girl-Krik (I think?). Tangor, Shannon and Lisa were missing.

Space Marshall Graham also showed up in the background though I don't recall the specific.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

They did something close to that. I don’t know if they’re still on Netflix, but to promote one of the seasons past they put up a selection of episodes from the 80s anime with introductory segments by various cast and crew members. It was boilerplate stuff and all really short though.

I think they branded it as Voltron 88 maybe? I dunno. I’d think they’d be hesitant about it because, as we’ve learned from She-Ra and Thundercats, (and the meltdown over Seasons 7 and 8 of this show) people are so defensive about the marketing-based half-remember garbage shows from their childhoods that they try to shoot up animation schools over it, so why even bother?

Maybe it was just the "circles" I hovered around but I've never seen anyone say Defender of the Universe is better than Legendary Defender.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Fuzz posted:

The true greatest tragedy was that despite the nod to the original cartoon this season, they never once dropped anything relating to the original theme music. Was really hoping for them to bust out a version of it as the final epilogue or credit music, but nope.

I bet if they had, the internet would have been less angry.

Legal issues meant they couldn't use the old theme.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
The depths people will plunge into to defend their ships will never not be disturbing.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I'll totally agree there was some jank in the last two seasons and maybe a cut episode but a grand conspiracy solely to destroy a ship it was not.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

YES bread posted:

Voltron x Atlas is my OTP

Pfffft, like anyone actually has Voltron in their fanfics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Ghostnuke posted:

and of course the thing they're buttsore over is borderline pedophilia. How old is pidge compared to the rest?

15 apparently. Lance/Hunk are 17, Keith 18 (or 20 I guess) and Shiro's 25.