Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I vote we change the title to the Fun Sentry Appreciation Station.

OB_Juan posted:

Colleen Holt

Husband and son status: Still lost in space.
Daughter status: Still ran off, joined the Acadamy under an assumed name, and disappeared in an incident involving aliens, the military, and a big robotic space lion.
I'm sure Colleen's doing very well.

Well at least she'll have her husband back soon, so progress I guess.

New season was really good, lots of big things happening. I really like how killing Zarkon didn't just suddenly stop the huge evil empire, though now they seem like they're mostly busy killing each other, so that's an improvement at least.

Haggar is probably going to be the biggest wild card next season since we have no idea what her goal is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

We knew that already.

You'd think he'd be more purple.

nine-gear crow posted:

I kind of hope that at some point in Season 6 or Season 7 that Sam comes riding to the rescue with a whole fleet of Galaxy Garrison ships all upgraded with Altean/Olkari FTL magitech to save his kids from some hopeless crisis. Because you just know that Earth is gonna play some kind of proper role in this story at some point, right?

I think Earth will come under attack at some point and the team will have to come to the rescue. We have to get en episode where everyone goes to see their family at some point(especially Lance, who seems to miss them the most).

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Mar 6, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

As someone who watched the old series, it's also been really interesting to see how they've chosen to integrate those elements into the new series. I'm still continually wondering if they're going to kill off a paladin, which ratchets up the tension any time Shiro or Keith is in danger (I'm pretty sure Lance, Hunk, Alura, and Pidge are safe forever, though).

Well something's gotta give with the whole Shire/Kuron situation. The question is, what happens with the Black Lion after that. The most obvious path would be to just have Keith come back and take over, but they already did the "something happens to Shiro, Keith pilots the Black Lion" plot, so doing it again would be a bit weird.

It would be neat if they had someone else take over the Black Lion(Lance, Allura, Lotor?)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I'm surprised Lotor hasn't betrayed them yet. He's had at least a dozen or more times to do it, but he's into playing a really long game here. I was thinking Hagar and him had something planned but it seems that no, there isn't collusion between them.

There's no collusion, but Haggar seems like she's using "Shiro" to help him further his goals. Who knows why though, either she's feeling conflicted because she's slowly remembering that he's her son, or she's letting him get close to his goal before she swoops in to steal it all away from him.

Oh, Bii-Boh-Bi gets a spot, but no love for Fun Sentry? I see how it is. :colbert:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Why not. The Galra have tons of differences in appearance. Also given that she was in charge of that base I assume she is pure.

You'd think Keith would be more purple if she was a full Galra. I guess Galra genetics are just really weird like that.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I do wish Shay would show up more. Maybe have her join the crew to help around the castle.

You'd think that with the Voltron Coalition growing, they'd be able to put together some staff to help take care of the ship, but I guess Coran prefers to handle it himself.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder what is going to happen with the clone when all this comes to a head. He seems like even he doesn't know he's a clone and that would make him just as much a victim of Haggar's scheme as everyone else.

I also wonder if Haggar will try to get rid of Lance somehow since he's the only one who really suspects anything. Maybe try to replace him with Keith since he's so trusting of Shiro.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

YggiDee posted:

I want an elaborate double fakeout- cloning humans turns out to be too much trouble to deal with, so fake Shiro is just his identical brother Ryou with some brainwashing.

I bet Fake Shiro will start calling himself Ryou after he breaks free from Haggar's control.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

There's also apparently going to be a D&D episode:

Warrior Pidge is great. :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I can't believe Lance is a furry.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Welp. Lotor went full on evil. And he'll probably return as some kind of quintessence monster like his dad. Not sure what's going to happen with the Galra now though, guess Sendak is gonna take over.

Can't wait for the next season, we're going back to Earth!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kazy posted:

The Twin Brother theory was true... in D&D! I thought for sure that was going to be a Chekov's gun :v:

Shiro has now become his own clone!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Slashrat posted:

Kinda curious how Lotor's former henchwomen are going to handle being stranded on an asteroid near that giant kaboom the castle set off at the end.

They've kind of betrayed everyone they've ever worked for, so I'm curious as to what they'll do next. I guess they can...go work for Sendak? Would he take them in?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Fuckin riiiip Lotor... for now, I’m guessing. So does that makes Honerva the big bad now? She seems to cruising into the job simply by surviving everyone else dropping dead around her. I’m glad we have the real Shiro back finally and I’m super pumped for them headed back to Earth for the first time too.

Well Sendak is still around, but he strikes me as more of a mid-boss. He'll probably take over the galra empire now and keep Voltron occupied while Haggar does her thing in the background. There's also Lotor's generals. I figured they would eventually join up with Voltron, but they've betrayed everyone they've ever worked for at this point, so who knows if anyone should even trust them. Lotor's probably going to come back at some point, but who knows how his time in the quintessence dimension has affected him.

Also, I thought it was kind of silly that Keith randomly got aged up 2 years and got a space dog.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheHan posted:

To be fair, Keith was such a phenomenally lovely leader last time he took the helm that spending 2 years on the back of a space whale was the only way he was gonna believably come back better at it. Maybe having a dog gave him some of those Shiro dad skills.

I guess, but if they had go through all that just to make Keith a less lovely leader, maybe they should have just given the job to someone else instead. Allura pretty much took charge during that last fight, give her the big cat.

My favorite part of the D&D episode was how Coran seemed to have it out for Shiro. He kept killing him in cheap ways and gave him poo poo over the torches.

"I feel like my character would remember to carry torches."
"Oh yeah, do you have any in your inventory?"
"Uhh...no?"
"Well then I guess you didn't remember them, did you?"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

maltesh posted:

So do Galra just generally live for ten thousand years or more if not otherwise slain? Or is this specific to Lotor and his Governess?

I figured Lotor lived that long because of whatever magic let Haggar and Zarkon live that long, but I guess that doesn't really explain his nanny.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 19, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

You know, constantly getting bombarded with someone else's memories for 2 years has to get really old after a while. Especially once you run out of big important memories and just get a bunch of mundane stuff.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"Hey, Adam, I know you were upset of me picking space over you. Well, turns out I died three or four times, adopted four kids, entered the Astral Plane, became the biggest Toku star in the universe and have the biggest black cat ever. Sooooooooo? Take me back?"

"Also I'm technically a spirit possessing my own clone now I guess?"

EDIT: Oh, also after this season, there will be one final 13 episode season to end the series.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 20, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Finally watched the trailer. Welp, so much for Earth coming riding to the rescue like I'd hope earlier.

They never got their Vehicle Voltron project off the ground. :smith:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I really like how the season ended with Voltron fighting against a secret super boss out of nowhere.

My guess on what's going on is that Haggar/Honerva is creating her own super army out of the Alteans from Lotor's colony.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheHan posted:

I got the impression the Altean as doing all this willingly. Had a comfy seat, controls, didn't explode her.

Since all the other Alteans from the colony probably still think of Lotor as a savior, I could see Haggar/Honerva telling them that Voltron killed him in order to get them to side with her and become her personal army.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Not content with just saving her family from an evil intergalactic empire, Pidge also had to go and build herself a new little brother.

That girl has too much free time.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LCNVy7-0Wo

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That was a great final season. I really loved that last episode.

Did anyone notice that Pidge made Vehicle Voltron in that ending montage?

Also good on them for the last shot of the series being two dudes kissing.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, I'm mostly happy that it exists within the show itself...

My frustrations, in respect to their priority, are: a) it represents the third animated kids show I can think of that's been forced to reveal its queerness in its final scene, (after Korra and Adventure Time), a recurring trend that makes me incredibly angry at how deeply gutless Dreamworks is, b) the other guy had maybe two lines the entire show and I only remembered who he was because he's the extra who I kept getting confused with camera dude, and c) it's not Keith.

And yeah, I can absolutely believe that it was added in at the last minute. Though what I heard was that they had to have actors in to record lines for some of the new material, so even if it was a last minute addition, it can't have been the only thing.

The stuff with Zethrid and Ezor really felt like a last minute change. Like, at first you think that Ezor died in that explosion from the last season and Zethrid is out for revenge but oh wait! At the last second Acxa shows up to say that Ezor is alive, she just left Zethrid because she couldn't get over her anger or something(how does Acxa know this?). Then it ends with Zethrid and Ezor getting back together, except Ezor never says anything, probably because they couldn't get her voice actor back. Like, I liked it, but it also felt like a last minute backtrack after blowing them up in the last season.

Only slightly related but you'd think with all their advanced healing technology, they'd be able to do something for Zethrid's face after she joined the coalition.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 15, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

So apparently the rest of the internet is Really Mad about the way the show ended and is screeching BEYTRAL! :byodood: from the rooftops. Because fans on the internet in 2018.

People take their Ships very seriously.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, because the only reason a bunch of artists would ever want to write about gay characters is as a ratings stunt.

This is nonsense.

The thing that bummed me out about that was they had Shiro hook up with some guy we've never seen before. I wonder how much of that was the show and how much was what Dreamworks or Netflix were willing to let them get away with though.

There was actually a leaked screenshot posted a few months ago of Shiro's wedding, but it was with a completly different dude. Wonder if there was a whole subplot there that got cut or something.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 16, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Teek posted:

Finale spoilers:
The series kind of exploded with human side characters these last two seasons, so I lost of track of them all. Was the guy with the scar with Pidge at the end just Matt with a haircut? Kind of threw me for a bit. Also who was the masked alien with Matt? They were in the Holt family photo but I'm not sure I recall Matt being in a relationship, so who that is was lost on me. I'm guessing it was someone who was running with Matt these last few seasons that I forgot about.

The masked alien showed up with Matt at the very end of the last season when he reunited with Pidge. They had no dialogue or anything, but they showed up holding hands, so it's implied that they were together. That's pretty much all we got of them. I don't think we even learn her name ever.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Pyrotoad posted:

How ridiculously precious was lil Lotor? :kimchi:

He was adorable, though he did almost doom the multiverse when he refused to accept his crazy alternate universe witch mom.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

The poor kid can’t catch a break. He almost dooms reality because he wants to be just like his mom. And then he almost dooms reality because he realizes she’s evil and crazy and doesn’t want anything to do with her. Honerva was amazingly bad at this whole parenting thing, wasn’t she?

I gotta wonder what it was like for Zarkon and Lil Lotor after Honerva appeared from an alternate universe, turned out to be crazy evil, then got involved in a giant robot fight right outside of the Altean castle, then they blinked out of existence for a few minutes. It must have been a really stressful day.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

If Zethrid could punch her way onto the bridge alone then anyone could at that point.

The Atlas really should have invested in like, a security team or something.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I want a sequel with Pidge's Vehicle Voltron.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Whatever happened to just saying "it would be cute if these two characters got together" and being done with it?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Pyrotoad posted:

There's still people mad that Keith ended up in the black lion too.

I didn't mind Keith in the black lion, but I think the way he ended up piloting it could have been done better. Something happens to Shiro and Keith is forced to pilot the lion, then "Shiro" comes back and Keith almost immediately bolts from the team entirely, then something happens to Shiro again and Keith just takes over the lion again without really showing any growth as a leader(other than being aged up two years I guess). Like, it wasn't a big deal, I just thought it could have been done better.

Plus, I thought it would have been cool if the show had subverted expectations and given the black lion to someone else. Allura was basically leading the team by the end anyways, why not give it to her?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I would have loved another D&D episode with Coran getting members of the Atlas crew to join in.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

He did. He just wanted to make the universe a better place that he ruled.

Lotor wanted to make the universe a better place, but Zarkon and Haggar's nightmare parenting skills hosed him up so badly that his idea of making the universe a better place involved sacrificing innocent people against their will and genociding the Galra. We even saw him trying to show Zarkon that there was a better way in that flashback to that planet he was in charge of and Zarkon's response was to just destroy the planet because Lotor dared to be nice to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

God drat being a prisoner of the Galra really ages someone.

Also dying and taking over your clone's body. Gets rid of your boneitis though.