Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

S5 Coming to a Neflix near you March 2 2018!

Season 5 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYwreVlyc0g
A thing that happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoeGe82AFm0

A lot has happened since the Paladins first went to space! The galaxy has coalesced into three factions, namely:

The Good

Shiro

Probably a Clone?
Shiro's had a rough go of it. He's been captured by the Galara twice, escaped twice, we met an alternate universe version of him, and since he's been back the last time he's been less Space Dad, and more Space Squad Leader.

Pidge

The Green lion's paladin never kept her priority - finding her father and brother - a secret. She's had some success!

Hunk

The often underestimated Yellow paladin, and space gourmond has shown a surprising resiliance.

Keith

Is mostly working with the Blade of Marmora, which has left the Red lion vacant for...

Lance

Our favorite sharpshooter keeps on keeping on, but hasn't really found his niche. He used to pilot the Blue lion, which is now piloted by...

Allura

The princess has added lion piloting to her responsibilities, in addition to being the leader of the resistance to the Galara Empire.

Coran

Still hillarious.

Space Mice

The mice inhabit the castle, and continue to kinda-sorta represent the paladins through little skits for Allura.

The Bad

Emperor Zarkon

Now back on the throne, and back on the hunt for Voltron!

Haggar

Used to be an Altean!
An ageless witch and leader of the Druids, the mystical order of the Galra Empire. Haggar uses her mastery of both dark magic and science to create the giant monsters that plague Voltron and its paladins. She also seems to remember more of the Good Old Days than she lets on.

The... Ugly?

Lotor

When we last saw the clever and charasmatic Galara prince, he wasn't in the best spot, but it's too soon to count him out.

Ezor, Acxa, Zethrid

It's hard to say where these three will end up, but I'm thinking they'll end up wherever Lotor does.

Honorable Mentions

Colleen Holt

Husband and son status: Still lost in space.
Daughter status: Still ran off, joined the Acadamy under an assumed name, and disappeared in an incident involving aliens, the military, and a big robotic space lion.
I'm sure Colleen's doing very well.

Kaltenecker

Living her best life.

nine-gear crow posted:

Also, can I petition to have Bii-Boh-Bi added to the OP character spread. And by that I mean "demand"?

Bii-Boh-Bi

Cruelly forgotten from the initial draft of this OP, Bii-Boh-Bi may be Dave Coulier's finest achievement.

Rhonne posted:

Oh, Bii-Boh-Bi gets a spot, but no love for Fun Sentry? I see how it is. :colbert:
Fun Sentry

Fun Sentry is a new fan favorite, sure to play a role in the coming conflicts.
See you later, pali-dudes!

Credit Nodosaur's earlier thread for some of the the pictures!

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Mar 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Rhonne posted:

Well something's gotta give with the whole Shire/Kuron situation. The question is, what happens with the Black Lion after that. The most obvious path would be to just have Keith come back and take over, but they already did the "something happens to Shiro, Keith pilots the Black Lion" plot, so doing it again would be a bit weird.

It would be neat if they had someone else take over the Black Lion(Lance, Allura, Lotor?)

I think there's about a 0% chance that Lotor stays around Team Voltron for very long, and about the same for him piloting a Lion for more than two episodes (after all, he's got to pilot one briefly to steal it...)

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Rhonne posted:

I vote we change the title to the Fun Sentry Appreciation Station.

Fun Sentry is good, but can it make milkshakes?

Oh, and, the new season's only six episodes long, and came several days ago, I think it's fair to drop spoiler tags at this point!

Edit: He posted, three posts after spoilering an entire post.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

nine-gear crow posted:

Also, can I petition to have Bii-Boh-Bi added to the OP character spread. And by that I mean "demand"?
Done.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

He doesn't really have all the cards in his hand. Once he's able to overpower everyone on his own he won't have to keep the charade up, and step one will be the quintessence operation.
It's this.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Lotor's been pretty clear why he's working with team Voltron - he wants an infinite source of energy for the Galra Empire, so they can stop their conquest. When that fails to materialize, he won't have any further need to work with them, and they'lll go back to being a threat to him. It's less a face-turn/heel-turn situation, more like everyone is acting according to their needs, and for the moment, those align.

Haggar is doing a great job of being the biggest problem the protagonists don't know about.

Rhonne posted:

Oh, Bii-Boh-Bi gets a spot, but no love for Fun Sentry? I see how it is. :colbert:
He's always been in the OP of our hearts.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Writh posted:

I'm hoping Cmdr Holt comes back with an army from earth and at the head of that army is that weird knockoff Voltron Vehicle Force with like 10 different vehicles.

I think Lotor is definitely going to betray them, it is what he did all the time back in the day. He had like two major characteristic I recall: Double crosses everyone, has a boner for Alura, wants to rule the Galra. That all gets shaken up when they introduced Queen Merla...

I'd forgotten Queen Merla.

Check out that bird though:

II hope she shows up, and is the MVP of her season

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Rhonne posted:

You'd think Keith would be more purple if she was a full Galra. I guess Galra genetics are just really weird like that.
Or human genetics are really weird in the show.

nine-gear crow posted:

I think this definitely needs to be enjoyed by the thread, just because Josh Keaton is a treasure (and he really can sing, holy poo poo!) :allears:
This is a good thing.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

nine-gear crow posted:

E: Also, petition to change the thread title to Voltron Season 6 - You Can’t Spell Voltron without “Lotor”.

Thirded, but I don't actually know how!

Also, trailer is looking good.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
It's up!

Lol @ that DnD episode. Basically everything Shiro did was perfect.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 15, 2018

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Oh look... a trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-yHuoOEIHE

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Voltron Season VII - The Voyage Home?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Reminder: New season tomorrow!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I too like Robotech!

That season was darker than I expected , but it was good. Hope the SDF-Atlas is very occasional, but it's cool. I want to go back and check it's transformation scenes against the first time the SDF-1 transformed, see how close they are.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

McTimmy posted:

That Robo-OG Pidge is actually a robo Chip, OG-Pidge's brother from Vehicle.

Making a robot, and naming it Chip is a warcrime.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
New season tomorrow!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
West coast midnight, I think.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, it was a solid ending.

That loving Metal Gear though!

Also Colleen Holt: Her scenes with Pidge, like, perfectly explain both characters somehow.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Dec 15, 2018

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Rhonne posted:

Did anyone notice that Pidge made Vehicle Voltron in that ending montage?

Yes. That was great.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Some people who watch cartoons and are 'very internet' have trouble keeping psychological distance between themselves and media they consume. News at 11.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
This happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbFByPbEmzk

This is not a S8 spoiler. You need to watch this. It's QUITE a thing.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Hey folks, sometimes you need to write a multipage screed about how you know that really, all the space-warriors should of hooked up the way you were hoping. And they would have, too, if not for those meddling executives and their dog!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Lotor was a villain at all times, which was kinda the most interesting thing about him.

He did spend most of a season helping the Paladins help him, though.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

nine-gear crow posted:

like he really did want to make the universe an objectively better place.

He did. He just wanted to make the universe a better place that he ruled.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

DoctorWhat posted:

lotor is the embodiment of "hire more woman guards"

Literally and figuratively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Avalerion posted:

Well I asked their support:
"I see, the title Votron was premiered last June 15,2018 in netflix but it is no longer available because our license to release it has been expired already".

Whatever that means but w/e, guess I'll watch it elsewhere.

They had the original Voltron for a while, maybe they got that confused?