Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Fart City posted:

Actually, that does make me wonder: Bond was rebooted. Blocked was rebooted. I wonder how far we are away from some of the classic henchman like Oddjob or Baron Samedi getting rebooted. Jaws feels like a super safe bet, since he appeared in multiple movies. It kind of feels inevitable.

Edit: Jaws also appeared in the Brosnan era Everything Or Nothing videogame, reprised by Richard Kiel, so there’s definitely precedent for him being loosey-goosey cannon-wise.

Which begs the question: is M from the Craig movies up until the last 10 minutes or so of Skyfall the same M from the Brosnan films?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Goldfinger (2022). In which Auric Goldfinger (Emma Stone) manipulates the value of Bitcoin to cause a cryptocurrency crash and massively boost the value of her own stocks of gold and colloidal silver, by planting a neutron EMP weapon inside the NSA. Bond (Daniel Craig, paid $65 million to reprise the role one more time) defeats her with his fists and a series of tired, sarcastic-sounding sighs and grunts that in the script were gold-themed one-liners. Directed by somebody currently in high school who will make one kinda-well-received indie movie before being installed as a puppet by Eon, the stunt coordinators and second-unit directors, and an uncredited but well-compensated for his creative input Daniel Craig.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Right, so, James Norton didn't really impress in McMafia and Tom Burke didn't really blow everyone away in Strike, so what's the over/under on Richard Madden's Bond tryout in Bodyguard working? :v:

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Never heard of this guy until now but I can't imagine they'd ever cast such an uggo to be Bond.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Fish of hemp posted:

I'd like if Pierce Brosnan played a Bond villain.

He's so slimy that you just know there is some dark poo poo beneath that gentleman surface.

Plus he could give Bond a run on his money on deadly quips.

brosnan should have played the villain in skyfall.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Lmao Purvis and Wade are back, because of course they are.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/sep/14/james-bond-25-007-writers-neal-purvis-robert-wade-rehired

RIP Bond 25

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This is absolutely going to have the longest gap between movies since Licence to Kill and GoldenEye, isn't it?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Motherfucker. Do these guys have blackmail on the heads of the studio or something?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

This is absolutely going to have the longest gap between movies since Licence to Kill and GoldenEye, isn't it?

It's going to equal if it gets released in 2021 which is looking ever more likely.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Purvis and Wade again? :ughh: Have they got some kind of "no one knows James Bond as well as us" mojo going on, or just a really good agent?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Payndz posted:

Purvis and Wade again? :ughh: Have they got some kind of "no one knows James Bond as well as us" mojo going on, or just a really good agent?

They've proven they can get a goddamn movie out, which no one else seems to be able to do.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Gaius Marius posted:

They've proven they can get a goddamn movie out, which no one else seems to be able to do.
Probably too many cooks. When it was just Cubby Broccoli in charge, it was pot luck whether the next movie would be good or bad, but at least you knew there'd be one along in two years. Now they've got Eon (probably with multiple executives all wanting their own say), the studio and the star who all have to agree on everything before the director even gets involved. I guess that Purvis and Wade just take all the notes from everyone and mush them into the developing script without complaining.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
From all we've heard, it sounds like P&W are a symptom and not a cause.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I think my favorite Q scene is in Goldeneye, the hunting joke is killer and there are plenty of gags going on in the background, plus the lunch joke at the end is cute.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Not retaining John Cleese as the new Q post-reboot was criminal.

I have nothing particularly against Ben Whishaw but he lacks presence.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want to see Ben Winshaw’s Q but not directed like he’s super sleepy because we can’t have silly Bond any more.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CelticPredator posted:

I want to see Ben Winshaw’s Q but not directed like he’s super sleepy because we can’t have silly Bond any more.

He was fine in Skyfall. He was loving terrible in Spectre, but then again so was almost everyone else.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Cary Fukunaga to direct Bond 25.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Solid choice, but he could barely handle Pizzolato in S1 of True Detective, I wonder if he'll be able to suffer Eon/Craig.

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick
Get Adam Arkapaw to shoot it please.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Finally, an American director breaks the glass ceiling.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
February 14, 2020.

I have an in to get tickets to wherever the premiere is going to be, so :getin:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

I’ll believe it when I see it

• Locked thread