Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I feel like the UFC really wants me to like Sean O'Malley. I just wanna call him Ameri-Conor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

spb posted:

Was this Cyborg's last contracted fight with the UFC :pray:

The UFC has a champion's clause. Pretty sure they have the right of first refusal to match any offers and/or their contract simply rolls over with pay increases so no, she's not going anywhere because the UFC thinks she can make money. We'll see if they are right.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
having a legal contractual battle for no reason would be very on brand for cyborg

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

El Roncho posted:

I feel like the UFC really wants me to like Sean O'Malley. I just wanna call him Ameri-Conor.

White, Irish name, Tattooed, throws flashy kicks, talks poo poo... He checks all of Uncle Dana's hype machine boxes

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Frankie Edgar was going to fight for the title and instead he got mortal kombat style uppercutted into the spike pit Ha Ha ha Ha

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

I think if Frankie wants another title shot he's going to have to go down to 135... honestly I'm not seeing a lot of success for him there either though since he died and is dead now.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i was at a super loud sports book during the fights and didnt even realize that lombard lost lmao. i thought he knocked dolloway out

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Skip My Posts posted:

i was at a super loud sports book during the fights and didnt even realize that lombard lost lmao. i thought he knocked dolloway out

He both knocked CB out and lost. The best of both worlds. In the present case Lombard through the two KO blows well after both the horn and the ref yelling “time.”

This was one of two times the winner was not present at the hand raising and left on a stretcher. In the other fight a one legged man won the rear end kicking contest.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I don't understand people getting upset with them pushing O'Malley. I saw the TNF he got the contract in and 2 of his fights since then and he's a young entertaining prospect to watch IMO

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Matt Lindland posted:

I think if Frankie wants another title shot he's going to have to go down to 135

frankie gets uppercutted into the acid pool and emerges as a skeleton

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Ortega said that he weighed 164 pounds just before the fight

lol

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
can we have clarence vs mikey b now thanks

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/AndreSoukMMA/status/970293370848342020

The comments

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Triticum Guzzler posted:

frankie gets uppercutted into the acid pool and emerges as a skeleton

Lmao

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If only he put his brain into it.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Pretty nice of Dana to make an entire weight division just for one fighter

I look forward to what's next, which I'm guessing is an equally entertaining 380lbs division just for Tim Sylvia

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I was watching Jens Pulver on Twitch the other day and I liked his idea of an "Over 40" division for dudes who can't compete with young talent anymore, until I realized he was pretty much just describing Bellator.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/TonyFergusonXT/status/970258627079520256

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

See you in your daymares, kid.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/970507038316023808

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

:perfect:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want Tony Ferguson's supplements.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

wtf

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
cool tony

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Khabib mauling Tony in a month is gonna ownnnnn

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
judging by his face, tony has a higher chance of going full dracula than any other fighter

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

He's going to upkick Khabib to death like he did to that one dude on TUF and invent a new language during the post-fight presser.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Becoming an increasingly obsessive fan of T-Ferg.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Kilometers Davis posted:

Khabib mauling Tony in a month is gonna ownnnnn

My wife, having seen those tweets, "Tony Ferguson is a loving douche bag, when does Khabib smash him again?"

Looks like we're getting 223 in the house as opposed to me going to a bar.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

lol

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Chillanese posted:

judging by his face, tony has a higher chance of going full dracula than any other fighter

Josh Emmett and Joe Lauzon would like a word. Especially considering one of them was clearly just killed and yet I hear him being interviewed.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lol

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Memento posted:

My wife, having seen those tweets, "Tony Ferguson is a loving douche bag, when does Khabib smash him again?"

Looks like we're getting 223 in the house as opposed to me going to a bar.

Well you know the old expression, a family that watches insane Russians wrestlefuck opponents together stays together.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
tony ferguson fights really well, but he posts like a corporate social media editor tasked with promoting the norcal meth scene

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
For the first time in his career im actually scared of connor the notorious mmagregor because next to tferg he seems insanely calm and laser focused

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Tony missed his calling hosting a talk show on Adult Swim where he interviews unsuspecting celebrities.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

tony ferguson fights really well, but he posts like a corporate social media editor tasked with promoting the norcal meth scene

i like that. thats the kind of deranged people should strive to be instead of the domestic violence type of deranged

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Matt Lindland posted:

I think if Frankie wants another title shot he's going to have to go down to 135... honestly I'm not seeing a lot of success for him there either though since he died and is dead now.

i don't really care for frankie either and i am happy i didn't have to listen to him making 'WHOOSH WHOOSH' noises with his mouth as he threw low powered combos for 15 minutes

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.thebeijinger.com/blog/2018/02/28/china-internet-rallies-behind-ufc-rising-prospect-because-they-mistakenly-believe

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/970668612443717633

• Locked thread