Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Magomedsharipov ... That card is stacked

it certainly has some big names on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Brown Paper Bag posted:

I didn't release Zabit Magomedsharipov is fighting at UFC 223. That card is stacked

MMA is the greatest sport

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I've seen Sharipov's and Magomed's but having seen him fight a couple times, I can assure everyone Zabit is twice the man any of them were.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Zabit should fight these 2-2 cans every month until the ranked fighters are shamed into facing him.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I didn't know that Zabit was a sanda world champ. I vaguely recall the walk-in discussion saying he'd done sanshou before.
I'd mentioned before in the kickboxing thread that there's a big Muslim nation presence in sanshou, but I didn't know that Dagestan had a really big training camp for the sport:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjPTHURDIzw

A shorter documentary on Muslim Salikhov which doesn't cover a lot on trasitioning from sanshou to MMA, but still cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RhJ6-uswIs

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Brown Paper Bag posted:

I didn't release Zabit Magomedsharipov is fighting at UFC 223. That card is stacked

It looks fairly loving cool yeah.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I can't stop thinking about Khabib and Tony.

I think Kevin Lee showed us that Khabib is gonna be able to take Tony down. Tony's takedown defense isn't that good. But there's a ton of tape on Khabib at this point and he often goes for the same positions.

Tony and Eddie bravo are in the back room watching tape with a four foot bong between them brainstorming and they just might come up with something. Khabib is likely going to be able to establish some of his favorite top positions. The question is what happens after that. Eddie's invented several sweeps, submissions, and even entirely new control positions that get used regularly, if anyone can do it it's him. It's just so loving hard to imagine beating Khabib by playing to his strengths.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
I Am Beyond Science, Thought, And Emotion... Welcome To Tony Earth. Use Code TFERG For 10% Off Your First Order At MeUndees

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
i think khabib was starting to look a bit tired in the 3rd round vs barboza. wonder how he'll do against a more relentless fighter like tony and if he'll gas out in the 4th and 5th. if he doesn't gas i don't see tony having a chance, khabib's top control is too smothering

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Khabib has a ton of options: pull out due to mysterious medical issue, pull out due to weight cut, pull out due to shredded knees. And with a fighter this creative he could surprise everyone by having cancer or even AIDS.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

I think Kevin Lee showed us that Khabib is gonna be able to take Tony down. Tony's takedown defense isn't that good. But there's a ton of tape on Khabib at this point and he often goes for the same positions.

Tony and Eddie bravo are in the back room watching tape with a four foot bong between them brainstorming and they just might come up with something. Khabib is likely going to be able to establish some of his favorite top positions. The question is what happens after that. Eddie's invented several sweeps, submissions, and even entirely new control positions that get used regularly, if anyone can do it it's him. It's just so loving hard to imagine beating Khabib by playing to his strengths.

Tony is gonna try to strike at range or drop elbows from guard if he gets taken down.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/971115286312099840

There's a lot of names there that look like something Keven made up when he was poking fun at people. No great losses.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Memento posted:

https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/971115286312099840

There's a lot of names there that look like something Keven made up when he was poking fun at people. No great losses.

Yeah. Come are the days I can recognise everyone on a card or even just the ppv card and they are probably never coming again.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
u got come on the mind

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally caught up on the last PPV. Ortega looked drat good this weekend and that KO was pretty solid of a "I'm next in line" thing Dana loves to push for.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Galore Bofando did the cool slam KO on Conor McGregor's friend. I also did not remember there being a man named Bibby Nash, and it's actually Bobby Nash and I don't recall seeing any of the three fights he was knocked out in.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

drat, the Bangbus has left the station?

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Untrustable posted:

If he lost to Bisping a second time I believe Luke Rockhold would simply cease to exist. He would be erased from the timeline. If you tried to watch any of his fights the titles would be like "Chris Weidman Vs. ∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ full fight HD" and when you clicked on the video, where Rockhold should be there would just be a jumble of static. We'd all collectively wonder who was middleweight champion between Chris Weidman and Michael Bisping but his name would never come forth. It would sit on the tips of tongues trying to explain a man who was never there, except...in The Twilight Zone.

appropriate given bispings appereance (and unexplained disappearence) in twin peaks

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Matt Lindland posted:

I Am Beyond Science, Thought, And Emotion... Welcome To Tony Earth. Use Code TFERG For 10% Off Your First Order At MeUndees

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

rip Galore Bofando, one time he did an impossible thing and it was cool, then next a guy sat on him and punched him a lot while he flailed uselessly.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Platinum is back on the market boys
https://www.mmamania.com/2018/3/6/17087334/mike-perry-dumped-for-wandering-eye-no-doubt-colby-covington-laughing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Who gives a poo poo about MMA WAGs?

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/971197319038214144?s=09

Johny why do you do these lies? Just move up to light heavy.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Untrustable posted:

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/971197319038214144?s=09

Johny why do you do these lies? Just move up to light heavy.

he only went there because he thought they said UFC PIE

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Memento posted:

haha , drat

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Memento posted:

creamy

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
What if Khabib was the one guy that rubber guard actually worked on.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Gay Horney posted:

Theyre going to kiss

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

Theyre going to kiss

Tony should do what GSP did to BJ (not grease himself to a mirror sheen to the extent it makes his mom horny, but he should do that too) since Khabib showers in his underwear at AKA to make sure nobody sees his dick

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Tony should do what GSP did to BJ (not grease himself to a mirror sheen to the extent it makes his mom horny, but he should do that too) since Khabib showers in his underwear at AKA to make sure nobody sees his dick

thats probably his best route to victory but khabib is an experienced athlete by now. he must surely already be aware that hiding his dick from everybody just makes them want to look at it even more, so i think hes probably already prepared for that outcome in much the same way that aldo and anderson, who prefer to strike, are prepared for ground fighting. this is the problem an athlete like tony faces when the only path to victory is an unconventional one, in trying to put your opponent in an awkward position you must also leave your comfort zone yourself

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
no hang on a second i just googled it. did gsp actually do that or is it like when anderson said he learned secret moves from steven seagull

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
After weeks of planning with eddie bravo tferg lunges at khabib and pulls his shorts down only to reveal he was wearing one of those traditional dagestani clown wig hats like a diaper

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

no hang on a second i just googled it. did gsp actually do that or is it like when anderson said he learned secret moves from steven seagull

BJ and his camp were complaining about it at the time, and a few mma outlets wrote a bit about it, I don't think it was ever proven though.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Well we don't know if it was true or not because the NSAC didn't order GSP to let BJ's mom watch him shower

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

gsp paid a man to kiss bj penn. that's canon.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hes really amazing. some people spend their whole lives cheating at sports and they could never do it with that kind of panache. champions really are men of a higher caliber

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
gsp was also on steroids while we are on the topic of all his cheating

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/mikerussellmma/status/971189717881511936?s=21

he got out of it by turning snitch lmao

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

I.N.R.I posted:

GSP really did it - just like how anderson really did learn secret moves from steve segall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

After weeks of planning with eddie bravo tferg lunges at khabib and pulls his shorts down only to reveal he was wearing one of those traditional dagestani clown wig hats like a diaper

gently caress, that is making me cackle like an idiot.

• Locked thread