Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Is there gonna be a GDT today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Go for it. :justpost:

It's done. I put about as much effort into it as Yana is gonna put into her fight.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

El Roncho posted:

I feel like the UFC really wants me to like Sean O'Malley. I just wanna call him Ameri-Conor.

White, Irish name, Tattooed, throws flashy kicks, talks poo poo... He checks all of Uncle Dana's hype machine boxes

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I'll give it to Conor, it's gotta take pretty good acting skills to pretend like you actually enjoyed that sandwich.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

I know its more British Isles food than Irish food specifically and the association here is only due to how its typically marketed/sold in the US but bangers and mash are my jam

Corned beef sucks though

I dunno where you're eating that's hawking bangers and mash as Irish but I want no part of that place.

Also corned beef is quite good.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

I can't stop thinking about Khabib and Tony.

I think Kevin Lee showed us that Khabib is gonna be able to take Tony down. Tony's takedown defense isn't that good. But there's a ton of tape on Khabib at this point and he often goes for the same positions.

Tony and Eddie bravo are in the back room watching tape with a four foot bong between them brainstorming and they just might come up with something. Khabib is likely going to be able to establish some of his favorite top positions. The question is what happens after that. Eddie's invented several sweeps, submissions, and even entirely new control positions that get used regularly, if anyone can do it it's him. It's just so loving hard to imagine beating Khabib by playing to his strengths.

Tony is gonna try to strike at range or drop elbows from guard if he gets taken down.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

drat, the Bangbus has left the station?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Platinum is back on the market boys
https://www.mmamania.com/2018/3/6/17087334/mike-perry-dumped-for-wandering-eye-no-doubt-colby-covington-laughing

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

If someone could redo/photoshop the KFC logo and The Colonel to the UFC logo and Jon Jones with the caption of now Boneless I'd be really happy

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Steroids are good. lovely steroids and overuse of them without proper post cycle therapy or supervision is bad.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Nierbo posted:

It will help you recover and grow new tissue. It won't make you stronger or faster or wiser or improve cardio or anything like that. Anecdotally, it helps 'maintain lean body bass' on a cut.

Um, at what IU dosage are you talking about here? Because non-anecdotally people who take 4+ tend to see massive strength gains when adding it to their workout routine.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Did I miss the announcement of this fight somewhere or did I just not care?
https://twitter.com/ufc/status/971853914680172545

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Women's MMA is so thin that the 145lbs champion is pulling people out of the Z leagues for title shots, the 135lbs champion gets to fight breakeven fighters who haven't fought in 2 years for a title, the 125lbs division champ was gifted her belt after a TUF season and is about to die to the girl coming down from 135lbs, and 115 has two fighters anyone cares about.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

aldo apparently wants to fight stephens at 224. that would be very sick and i endorse this.

Sure but isn't Stephens basically next in line for the title after Ortega? Aside from a paycheck what's he got to gain by fighting Aldo?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Yes, we as the fans have everything to gain. That's not really the point though. Stephens can sit around for a few months and then fight for the title

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Stephens sparking Aldo could definitely get him a queue skip over Ortega if Holloway's out for a while.

Uncle Dana already called T City and told him he was getting a title shot. He would never take that away from him....

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

El Roncho posted:

All the Sean O'Malley hype makes me feel like I'm in an episode of Twilight Zone. Every talking head insisting he's a future superstar and insisting he has that "it" quality. Meanwhile, he seems like a decent fighter who comes across as a little awkward in interviews. Am I missing something?

As I said, he ticks all of Dana's hype train boxes. White, Irish name, tattooed, trash talks, swings for the KO. The rest is coachable

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

El Roncho posted:

What do you think inspires Dana's hype train boxes?

Cocaine and CTE

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

JaySB, you didn't keep us in the loop on this one
https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/9/3/9259477/paige-vanzant-explains-why-shes-no-longer-dating-fellow-ufc-fighter
I mean last I heard Cody was dating that drama girl.

That article is over 2 years old...Cody married said girl and they have a baby due next week. I was at their baby shower :smug:

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

Thats cool, whatd you guys tell all the women when they asked why you were in the coat closet for 20 minutes?

Neither of can go 20 minutes without busting. Let's be honest

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

spb posted:

Did you ever say the guy who was lovely at bjj?

I did not, but he did lose.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Matt Brown didn't retire in the end did he? That would've been the perfect way to go out

He wants to fight again

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Yoel Romero is on Rogan's podcast right now

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Cyber Dog posted:

come on me

Sung in the style of Take On Me?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I'd kinda like to see Floyd break Mighty Mouse's title defense streak.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

What? It'd be funny

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

TJ/MM won't but MM vs MM could give Mighty Mouse that payday he so desperately longs for.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

The difference between 8oz gloves and 4oz gloves isn't really that big.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

The suspension is meaningless, they can't fight for 90 days in Texas. The win overturned is bullshit

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Captain Log posted:

He won four-ish rounds and nearly made it out of the tenth with one of the best living boxers?

We're gonna argue semantics here, but it's not hard to win rounds in boxing if your opponent literally doesn't throw a punch.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

david carmichael posted:

I think we can find some neutral ground here. Conor made a lot of money and also probably had his long term quality of life lowered because of how badly he got beaten

FTFY

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

mewse posted:

Mayweather beat Conor like he thought Conor was his fiancee

:drat:

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Any time someone says "but he landed more punches than (insert fighter)" I am reminded of the boop.gif

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

You're dumb. Floyd clowned Conor and could have finished that fight any time he wanted after the 3rd round.

None of us hate Conor but as a lifelong boxing and 20 year MMA fan you have a pretty lovely grasp of how that fight played out.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

UFC April -- It's Money (Shot) Time

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

spb posted:

God forbid the thread that averages 10 posts a day gets sidetracked with Mayweather talk

There's no fights between now and Khabib vs Tony so unless we want to bog down in a spirited debate over the UFC's "Best Of All Time" bracket challenge, I have no problem discussing TMT's transition

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

tesilential posted:

Then why didn't he?

So dumb fucks like you could talk about "How well Conor did against the greatest boxer of all time"

*edit* Also he had millions on the finish in the 10th:
https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/news/mayweather-tried-to-bet-400000-on-the-mcgregor-fight-but-was-denied/

JaySB fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 22, 2018

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

tesilential posted:

who the gently caress has looked good against floyd?

Castillo, Maidana, De La Hoya

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

People don't give Cotto enough credit for his showing against Floyd. He gave maidana the blueprint.

Yeah he did well, prime Cotto would have been a much tougher fight for Floyd, but Floyd took over in the 9th in that fight and cruised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

El Roncho posted:

I'm saying if Colby looks way bigger then his wrestling game plan has a much better chance of working out for him.

He almost got finished on the feet by Demian Maia....

• Locked thread