Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
2012 was the dog poo poo year. 2014 I think was the year where all the injuries happened and the main events fell apart but the whole-card quality was genuinely and consistently good. So, dog poo poo too as far as business and promotion goes I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i've got a lot of people calling me things like 'retarded' and 'loving unfathomably stupid'. i'd like to set the record straight by saying yeah, lol, i just hosed up the only chance i'll get for people to know who i am for reasons i can be proud of. i'm going to take some time off to heal up and probably not kill myself because i'd only gently caress that up too.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

f this r worded other f word

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

aldo apparently wants to fight stephens at 224. that would be very sick and i endorse this.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

aldo just wants to fight him. stephens hasn't said anything afaik and may well be content to just sit around for a title shot. it would be undeniably sick though.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that would be the most vicious one-sided beatings i could possibly imagine and somehow elkins would still win

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

pennington's fight against holm was so bad

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

where is lord waffle beard anyway?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

weak way to go out imo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

I feel like I never heard of the guy before this card, and he had a good fight with a memorable ending on the most recent night of fighting. I guess I'm not sure where the "why's he getting so much hype" comments are coming from?

I watch more ufc than 90% of fans and I had no idea who he was despite being on the main card of a ppv and billed above arlovski, dariush, dodson, poo poo even Mike pyle and caraway. That is getting a little bit of a push when your contract is probably 10/10

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

https://gfycat.com/MarvelousFarawayBrocketdeer

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i don't know what cub's demands are and i assume the person in charge of signings and payings at the ufc know what they are doing but i will say that i would tune in to whatever organisation puts him in a cage where he fights another man.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hahaha poor stephens. even when he knocks aldo out it will be because aldo is declining and not because he's in the middle of a scary career resurgence

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

JaySB posted:

None of us hate Conor but as a lifelong boxing and 20 year MMA fan you have a pretty lovely grasp of how that fight played out.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

My coach, who I call Master for normal reasons, told me to shut up and refused to throw in the towel while I took the most horrendous beating seen in the octagon in recent memory because it would have been worse for me if he had. Reminder that with his selfless inaction I cried every day for three weeks and won't fight again for a year or maybe ever.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I remember watching cyborg knock evinger retarded with a jab in the first round and then carry her to the third before finishing her easily. I was wondering why but then it was explained to me that sometimes this happens to make a ridiculous mismatch look less like a ridiculous mismatch for the illusion of competitiveness and legitimacy.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lmao, yep.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

People don't give Cotto enough credit for his showing against Floyd. He gave maidana the blueprint.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Yeah the guy who danced and did the robot while boxing. Took Floyd a while to figure him out, had him pretty shook early on.

E. Emanuel Augustus

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dana White is apparently talking with Anthony Joshua. Trash news sites are floating the words 500 and million around but who knows.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

welterweight is such an uninteresting shitfight at the moment. woodley is the loving champion. wonderboy is amazingly talented and dog poo poo to watch but will repeatedly derail contenders despite never fighting for the title again while woodley is champ, rda, masvidal and cowboy are lightweights, lawler seems to not give a poo poo any more, rory is in another organization, maia and condit are 400 years old and colby covington is a legit contender.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i wish wonderboy would gently caress off to bellator and that rory would come back

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

wonderboy would clown the b league guys in entertaining ways but instead he's just going to squat at #1 or #2 and derail contenders with his tedious kiai style while his dad nods approvingly

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Tony is legitimately stupid.

if i didn't know this already it'd be dawning on me as i watch a guy who cannot speak english poo poo on him repeatedly

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i considered barboza the litmus test for how khabib would do against ferg. even more so because barboza's footwork is way, way better than ferg's.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Cyber Dog posted:

Barboza's footwork is bad

Sure, but it's better than everyone else currently ranked at lightweight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Gay Horney posted:

yall I'm thinking Tony could pose some problems for Khabib from the bottom

yeah i've said that about a few black belts but nah

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Jason Knight was a significant favorite over Ricardo Lamas because he has a sick rubber guard.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Southpaugh posted:

Serious question gang, when was the last time Cyborg was in a fight that look competitive? Was it ever?

Holly Holm. That's it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

spb posted:

Wasn't there a video of Tony kicking an iron bar before this fight?

that wouldn't make his top 10 stupidest training methods montage

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the next big thing in mma training to surpass the silly air mask things is going to be wearing blinders like a horse so you don't involuntarily break your own legs if another human being enters your peripheral vision

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

all the question marks are hanging over Khabib.

huh?

i honestly thought max would have his hands full with dangerous wrestler frank edgar. i expect him to get brutally owned by habeeb. good of him to save the card for real. hope he gets paid properly.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

Khabib's never gone more than three rounds and has never fought someone as good at controlling pace and slowing his opponent as Max or Tony.

true, but against barboza he looked like he just stepped out of the shower after 3 so i'd be stunned if he just fell apart in the fourth against a much smaller fighter. still. we'll see.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don’t care about Ariel but I’ve never totally understood why he’s so fiercely hated.

He isn't hated. He's just Artem Lobov - utterly unqualified to be doing what he's doing and getting paid too well to do it while having no discernible value to anyone but will not go away and only seems to be getting more prominent.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

It wasnt even the greatest UFC fight between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Rigel posted:

MMA media are reporting that Alex Oliveira will replace Matt Brown and fight Carlos Condit 4/14 on 11 days notice

that's a great replacement and will still be very violent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i don't know jon. is it? he's wearing a mask

• Locked thread