Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
You all are forgetting one thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9vdoX3Ju0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

tesilential posted:

So we agree Conor won a few rounds, it literally doesn’t matter that he won them because floyd did nothing, floyd had to do that in order to win late.

There is a reason Floyd didn’t try to just go in and knock Conor out quickly—he wasn’t physically capable of doing so and had to strategize and gameplan to beat a guy who had literally never done his sport before.

Conor got hosed up the last 3 rounds after he was gassed. As a lifelong boxing fan and 20 year mma fan I was extremely impressed with Conor’s performance. Rewatch the first round. When Floyd actually tried to throw his first punch Conor slipped it and hit him with a quick combo that made him realize he was in a real fight would have to try to win.

I was impressed with Floyd’s strength in the clinch, i had figured Conor would be way stronger but that didn’t seem to be the case.

Even though he gassed hard, I was also impressed with Conor’s cardio. He nearly went 10 rounds with the supposed best ever. Pro Boxers aren’t even allowed to fight 10 rounds until they’ve fought several 4 and 8 round fights but Conor went right in at the highest level and held his own until he gassed, long after an 0-0 fighter should have been in there. In fact, had the commission followed their own rules, the fight would have been a 4 rounder and likely looked very different. Floyd would be forced to trade early while Conor still had energy to evade and counter instead of pouring it all on when Conor was exhausted and staggering around like a drunk.

The revisionist history of Floyd let Conor win rounds keeps getting parroted by people who hate Conor and don’t understand fighting in general.

Conor did better against Floyd than DC did against Jones and Aldo did against Holloway. And those guys are legends and champions, Conor was 0-0.

The gap isn’t as big as you think. Overall mma looked really good versus boxing even tho the entire thing was setup in Boxings favor.

What would Conor have had to do to impress you? Win the biggest upset in the history of sports? R-word.

lmao

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I feel like Gaethje is just gonna get hurt more and more if he doesn't change poo poo up soon

• Locked thread