Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Boy that uppercut while Luke was on the ground was just fuckin catastrophic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I can't stop thinking about Khabib and Tony.

I think Kevin Lee showed us that Khabib is gonna be able to take Tony down. Tony's takedown defense isn't that good. But there's a ton of tape on Khabib at this point and he often goes for the same positions.

Tony and Eddie bravo are in the back room watching tape with a four foot bong between them brainstorming and they just might come up with something. Khabib is likely going to be able to establish some of his favorite top positions. The question is what happens after that. Eddie's invented several sweeps, submissions, and even entirely new control positions that get used regularly, if anyone can do it it's him. It's just so loving hard to imagine beating Khabib by playing to his strengths.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
i kind of agree that fighters should be allowed to use certain types of PEDs to recover from injuries. If Anderson Silva wants to rail dick pills to shorten his recovery time in the twilight of his career to squeeze a few more fights out of a sport/lifestyle that takes everything from you, I don't think we should stop him. i don't know enough about the science to know if this could be fairly administered without turning people into steroid freaks like Vitor Belfort or Jon Jones and shortening peoples lifespans but it would be nice.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
If he were good he would have finished sokunthanth while his leg was hosed up in the first two rounds. The other dude could not put any weight on his leg

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
the April 7th card is kind of loving nuts. The opening fight, Zabit vs Bochniak will see its winner (Zabit) headline a fox card within the year, Caceres and Lobov both already have, Joe Lauzon is fighting some dude who I've never heard of but it'll be sick anyway. The prelims also feature two people who have fought for a title very recently.

Felder vs Iaquinta should be really really violent, Chiesa vs Pettis has a high ceiling but might be awful,, moicano kicks rear end but no idea who he's fighting then the title fights.

I think Joanna will be performing better without the spotlight on her quite so much. I think rose is in for a much tougher outing than the first time as much as I hope she has Joanna's number.

I also think we'll see Khabib get sliced up.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I am legit mad that DJ is going to crush the record books fighting the same four members of the lollipop guild over and over

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
loving dumb as hell. Djs whole career has basically been a TUF season

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
tes are you opining that Floyd might have lost a 4 or 6 round fight against Conor? What do you mean Floyd "had to" not throw any punches the first few rounds so he could win late? Do you think Conor would have tired before he did if he were dodging shots from Floyd for the first three rounds? do you think that by Floyd essentially letting him take 3 rounds off his longevity in the fight was improved or hampered?

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 21, 2018

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
sorry folks. Floyd is pursuing his mma license to fight in the UFC and Conor is the current lightweight champion. this discussion is just as germane to real ufc fights that are going to happen as khabib/TF.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Memento posted:

No it's not.

You're right, Tony is going to die of popcorn lung and Khabib's ACL is going to come to life and flee his leg out of sheer terror, whereas Floyd vs Conor stands a much greater chance of actually happening

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

tesilential posted:

who the gently caress has looked good against floyd? you have insanely high expectations for a person who has literally never done the thing before.

he got walked down after he gassed. floyd didn't try to walk him down until he was harmless. same for the finish.

what if the nsac sanctioned the fight as a 4 rounder. floyd probably squeaks it out but looks like poo poo.

i expected conor to not land a punch at all. that's what everyone expected since mma striking has historically been awful. conor proved top tier mma striking is like top 30-50 boxing, that's pretty loving impressive to me.

i don't see anyone else at that weight doing better against floyd.
makes a little more sense to say Conor did better than expected but only because your expectations were really low. I don't think that's the same as him doing well though. doing well would entail him hurting Floyd or him having momentum at any point.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Everybody looks good against Floyd in the first few, e everyone

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
i was just sitting here quietly thinking about how nice it is that i don't have to think about colby covington and my serenity has been shattered

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
idk. Wonderboy is gonna frustrate him and us I think.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
they call him Wonderboy cause you wonder if the boy gonna throw a drat strike

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Triticum Guzzler posted:

him saying before the fight "when i land my left hand the fight will be over" is one of the funniest things to ever happen in mma

is there video of this anyplace?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
jack slack was for sure just making fun of someone on Twitter and it went viral. the Khabib fight isn't happening though

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
God every fight on that card is awesome. gonna suck when any three of them fall through in the next ten days

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
this conference call between Khabib and Tony is pretty good.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
https://twitter.com/SecretMovesMMA/...90%7Ctwterm%5E3

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
yall I'm thinking Tony could pose some problems for Khabib from the bottom

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
have we talked about an April thread title at all

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
this is not real

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Max is injured

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
They absolutely would

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Oh my loving God it's been pulled from the app

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
No loving way

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
loving kill me dude

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I still don't believe it we never hear about the cancelation and the replacement in the same announcement

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Now I see why Conor hated his media obligations so bad

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
At least I don't have tickets to this one

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Dan Didio posted:

Khabib's never gone more than three rounds and has never fought someone as good at controlling pace and slowing his opponent as Max or Tony.

You are up in the night

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Max's paths to victory in this fight are few and far between, but none of them entail lying under Khabib and hoping Khabib gets tired from beating the poo poo out of him

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Why am I discussing Khabib max like it's going to happen. This is all an elaborate April fools joke

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
All this nonsense has made me think about how cool it would be to see Brian Ortega vs Khabib at LW. It's a really loving tough cut for Ortega to make 45 so it's not out of the question. Best fighter off his back vs the guy with the best top game

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The countdown with Joanna and Rose is up. Joanna's swagger got loving JACKED. interesting to see how she comes back. No matter what happens with this nonsense this is still a great loving card.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Full stop it's because he was wearing those loving sunglasses inside

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Hey its tomorrow and they still haven't put Khabib Tony back on the app

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
At welterweight? Is max bigger than I thought