Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAeWAwdZf9I
Intro song

A young man in a very traditional outfit sits in a well kept study filled with yellowing pages and intricate antiques. He looks up, respectfully listening to a dressing down by his father, brandishing a smartphone with disappointment. In the background is a Gadsen flag and some old pictures, some of which are civil war era and involve confederate flags. The camera zooms in on one of the flags, and the Gadsen flag's text turns into...
Starring Shogeton as Zacharia Gadsen, the Serpentine.

A bubbly young girl is happily participating in a cheerleading routine, the climax of which is the cheerleaders tossing her up and off-screen. The camera seamlessly transitions to the next shot, her in her natural seal form diving into a mirror-like surface of waters. As she fades into the depths, ripples seem to cut between her human and seal forms. She reaches out for something, but before it becomes clear... the screen pans away, revealing words taking shape in the ripples in the water:
Starring Tricky as Fiona Seolh, the Selkie

A mischievous looking young man has his eyes closed deep in what looks like prayer, but dark energies surround him and a deep and unnerving voice laughs in the background as the screen flashes with a bolt of lightning, revealing in a Gothic font:
Starring Heliotrope as Omar Harris, the Infernal

A bright morning at the school zooms in on a trendy looking girl and two of her friends , laughing, chatting about something. The scene grows dark, as the camera pans around, showing Peyton's arms around her friends, fingers growing into tendrils to ensnare them. The tendrils weave together to form words in front of the trio:
Starring PlatonicSolid as Peyton Lestrade, the Queen

A young woman in black leather and lipstick shoves open a steel door to a punk show, six pack in the offhand. The scene changes as strobes flash, showing her dancing surrounded by a crowd of people, none of whom are looking at her. The strobes flash at dance party a few more times before they turn into headlights, the steady light framing a much more flush and preppy version of her face, frozen in terror in the passenger seat of a car. The lights suddenly stop as there's the sound of a violent accident, and a blood-splattered set of license plates slide in from off screen to spell out:
Starring Quiggy as Kylie Connor, the Ghost

Then, the screen turns black, and the title card appears, over the logo for the show.

For There is to be a Wedding

pre:
Door            [Mr. Lendon]             
[Linda ]     [Zach     ]    [Kevin  ]      [Daryl   ]    |
[Toby  ]     [Grace    ]    [Peyton ]      [Celeste ]    |      Window
[      ]     [Elly     ]    [Fiona  ]      [Omar    ]    |
[Kylie ]     [Josephine]    [Samuel ]      [Victoria]    |
Monday, Home Room
The buzz in the classroom is louder than usual this morning, but Mr. Lendon, a fresh faced teacher who's still thinking that he can be both the cool teacher and the teacher that makes a difference, does little to keep it down.

And why not? The wedding is less than a week away!

Zacharia Gadsen, the Serpentine
So, what family business brought you to school early today? What do you still have to do after school for student council?

And more importantly, who are you thinking of asking to be your +1 to the wedding?

Also, what is your first task for Fiona?

Fiona Seolh, the Selkie
Is this the longest you've been without your pelt? What kind of nightmares have you been having since you've been without your pelt?

On top of that, you've heard that you need a date to the wedding. Which... is weird, right? Is that weird? Either way, who are you thinking of asking?

Also, why do you think Samuel is looking at you when he thinks you're not looking?

Omar Harris, the Infernal
So, Celeste sends you a text, "u got plans 4 the wedding?" Did you? And do you want to go with her? I mean, you're the best man and she's the maid of honor. It wouldn't be too unusual, right?

While you're reading that, you hear Satan start talking up. What's he sound like, anyway? And who's he telling you juicy gossip about?

Also, what's the plan for the bachelor party, Mr. Best Man?

Peyton Lestrade, the Queen
So, who in class is on the outs with you? What did they do, and how did you hear they're trying to make it up to you?

In the meantime, Kevin sends a message to the group text, saying, "So, I'm going with Peyton, but who are Grace and Irene going with?"
Grace and Irene both instantly display the "..." of a text in progress, but before they chime in, what plans did you for them?

Also, you really do need to finish up getting that wedding gift. Where are you going to get something that artsy out here in the sticks, anyway?

Kylie Connor, the Ghost
Back in the corner by yourself, huh? People's gazes do tend to slide over you when you're in large groups.
Or small groups.
Or even when you're by yourself, really.

But, sitting in the back has its advantages. It lets you watch everyone else. For instance, you saw which of your classmates has a switchblade in their bag. Who was it?

Aside from that, you've some prep to do when it comes to the wedding. For instance, you don't know where the bachelor or bachelorette parties are, so if you want to crash those, you're going to need to schmooze. What do you do?

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Mar 3, 2018 around 05:45

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Zacharia Gadsen - The Serpentine
Hot: -1 Cold: +2 Volatile: +1 Dark: -1
XP: 0 Harm: 0

The reason why I was here so early? Ugh, it's rather mundane and frankly embarrassing. This school was partly founded with the aid of a certain senator, Gerald Dunlan. And he's got a little bust of him in the hallways near the teacher's lounge with a plaque on it. He was, in the past well tied with our family, and in the post civil-war era, performed great services, and was well supported by them. And my father says that the Gadsen should never forget a debt of loyalty. The problematic thing is that Gerald Dunlan is also, let us say, controversial. A fair amount of rather unfortunate laws were sponsored by him, being a southern politician shortly after the civil war. Ever since desegregation, his bust has been rather regularly defaced. And my parents consider that an insult to them, so it has to be cleaned. It's not their request that I wake up early to do it before anyone is in school. No, that is my own choice, because I would really rather not deal with what happens. I mean, being the responsible head of the Student Body it's not like I couldn't explain it as 'simply keeping the school clean' without any 'political' meanings, but it would not be a good look.

Which makes this a long day, because after school, I'll need to attend meetings about the homecoming festival in a month. Decisions about the colors, gathering the people to do the work, etc. etc. A lot of it is drudgery, to be honest, but to choose the colors for the dance is quite an important matte. And then there is the homecoming queen and king thing. Another election father will wish me to win. Which won't be nearly as easy, considering it's the students who elect it.

Not that I worry about it, because like most here, my thoughts are on the upcoming wedding. And I am concerned for Caroline. Oh, not because of Kyle, heavens no, bless his heart. The matter is that there are some in our community who object to their marriage, and they might seek to take very unwelcome steps. To stop these things from happening, I've personally decided is a way for me to learn influence myself. Which brings us to Fiona Seolh, the mysterious figure whose seal hide I have stashed at home. Like us, though perhaps the other way around. A human who can disguise herself in a seal? Interesting questions, but for now, my main interest is in her providing a service for me. And that is to make sure she will be invited to the Bachelorette Night, stay sober, stay close to Caroline, and inform me the moment somethings comes up. If nothing happens, so much the better, if something does happen, at least I might be able to be there to help reduce the damage, without having been 'stalking' her, improve my reputation while doing a good deed.

There is the blackmail thing, but quite frankly, if one leaves an important thing like that unattended, one is in need of a lesson in carefulness, and this task, not an offensive one I'm sure, seem to be a fair payment for it. Perhaps she'll see it, and we can see about cooperation later.

Speaking of cooperation, I am considering asking is right behind me. Grace. She is intelligent, well spoken, diligent in her duties for the school newspaper and I can see her going far. And I think I would enjoy having her to talk to. My parents might find it somewhat 'on the nose' considering whose wedding it is, and Grace's skin colour.. They will probably dislike it. But a lot of people assume that I've got prejudices, both those who think lesser of me for it, and those who think more of me for it, and I would like to mend that reputation. For me, and for the future of the family of course. And it perhaps mends fences with Peyton.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at Mar 3, 2018 around 18:35

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.




Kylie Connor, The Ghost
Hot-1 | Cold-1 | Volatile+1 | Dark+2
XP: 0, Harm: 0

I don't give Mr. Lendon so much as a glance when I hear the door open. Who cares about loving home room, y'know? I reach into my bag and pull out a stick of gum--I'd light one of these cigs if I could instead, but you can't exactly do that stealthily in the middle of class--and offer one to Josephine. She doesn't notice me, she's just leaning back in her chair, ear buds in her ears, the faint sound of some lovely metal coming out of them. I see Samuel too, he's got his hand on her knee, like he's trying to be all sexy but failing. He's got a switchblade, too? Creep. I pretend not to notice.

I lean over a little closer to Jo, and tap her lightly. Too lightly, she doesn't notice. Tap again. She notices me this time, finally. I motion to take an ear bud out, and she does. "Hey, Jo, was wondering... any idea where Caroline's party is this week? Was thinking it might be fun to crash it, piss off some of her friends and poo poo. You can come gently caress some poo poo up with me too if you want."

"Oh yeah and you want any of this gum? Spearmint."

quiggy fucked around with this message at Mar 3, 2018 around 19:11

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions:

I look at the message. I was trying to figure out who to ask, but I guess that problem is solved. I'd respond to her, but Satan decided to say something. He's...kind of hard to describe. Friendly, never seems to get mad or upset but there's still something unsettling about hearing his voice. You can tell it's not human. Like something deep down knows you're talking to something unnatural.

"Hey kid, just wanted to let you know something interested. Did you know Samuel thinks he has some way of getting into that bachlor's party you're setting up? Pretty interesting, isn't it?"

It is...we've got nothing too outragous planned. Apparently Caroline didn't want Kyle to do anything crazy before the wedding and he was perfectly happy to agree to that. So we'll be meeting at Timber Lane's for a game of bowling. Afterwards, we're going to head to The Century for a night of partying and and maybe the rest of us meeting other people, then we'll finish the night at Fred Thurstan's house. His family is pretty rich and their house is real big. And there's a pool there too. Pretty simple and maybe some people might party a little too hard but things shouldn't get out of hand.

I turn my mind back to Celeste. She's right in front, so I lean forward. "Hey," I say playfully into her ear. "I'm right here you know, you can ask me in person." I smile. "I'd be down to go with you Celeste."

@Heliotrope: 2d6+1 Turn On Celeste = (4+2)+1 = 7
String/Self/Promise/Embarassed


quote:



Look: Spoiled, calculating eyes

Origin: Bartered soul

Stats

Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 2

Moves:

Soul Debt

Name a dark power that you owe a debt to. Choose two Bargains that it has made with you. It can hold Strings against you. Whenever it collects 5 Strings against you, trigger your Darkest Self.

Dark Power: Satan

Under Pressure

If someone has 3 or more Strings on you, add 1 to your rolls to carry out their bidding.

Bargains:

The Power Flows Through You

You can give the Dark Power a String in order to add 2 to your next roll.

Numbing It Out

You can give the Dark Power a String in order to remove a Condition or up to two harm.

Elsewise Power

You can give the Dark Power a String to use a move you don’t have, just this once. This move can come from any Skin.

Uncanny Voices

You can give the Dark Power a String in order to realize a secret about someone you’re talking to. The owner of that character will reveal one of their secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths (they choose which.)

Strings Attached

You can ask the Dark Power for something that you really, really want. The MC will attach a price to the thing you want, and hint at an undesired twist in its nature. If you pay the price, you’ll get what you’re after.

Sex Move

When you have sex, the Dark Power loses a String on you and gains a String on whoever you had sex with.

Darkest Self

You find yourself shivering, needy, and alone. The Dark Power will make some daunting, open-ended demands. Every demand fulfilled brings you closer to feeling whole again, and removes one of the Dark Power’s Strings on you. You escape your Darkest Self when the Dark Power is out of Strings, or you make a bargain with an even more dangerous entity.

Advances

Take the remaining Bargains

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at Jul 5, 2018 around 20:51

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Peyton Lestrade
Hot: +2 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
XP: 0 | Harm: 0

I'm sitting sideways at my desk, so I can look at Grace and Kevin before Lendon blows in. I lean to the side to look past Fiona to Samuel - Josephine's distracted anyway. "Your 'guy' had better know what he's doing," I say. "I've got enough on my plate without dealing with a lovely body shop."

Because this morning, loving Samuel scraped against the side of my car with his crappy little K-car. It's a silver Mercedes, IN A PARKING SPACE, how do you miss it!? After I screamed at him for a couple minutes, he promised me he had a friend who worked at a body shop who owned him a favor, and could take care of it no problem. Better, my parents get back into town Friday. At least it's drivable.

What's worst is I was going to get Caroline's present this evening, but now I'll be screwing around with the car. Maybe I can rearrange pickup. No way am I having a custom-made ring sent through the mail.

Lendon enters and I have to pretend to pay attention, so back front with my look, even if I have my phone discretely behind my books. On silent, I'm not a moron. I laugh to myself at the message. Kevin, so loyal. My thumbs jump into motion. "Irene's going to be gal-paling with Fiona," I write, as if it's already determined. "Grace, I got some options for you, one of whom's staring at your legs right now." I don't feel too bad about putting Irene on Fiona-watch, since she shouldn't be dating again after all the drama she's been through lately.

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at Apr 10, 2018 around 14:02

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Fiona Seolh, the Selkie
Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None!

Ohhhh man, yeah, I haven't been sleeping well at all lately. I mean, I haven't been wearing my pelt much lately, but at least I had it. Before this...? Um, I'm not sure I've ever been separated from it for more than a day. Tops! I mean, even when I first got up here I'd keep it close and... and now... Zach took it and is keeping it and I don't even know why! He keeps giving me these crazy looks like he knows something, maybe, or like he wants to eat me. Either or. It's almost enough to make a girl wish she could swim on home to the Deep! And what's this job thing he wants me to do? Go on the Bachelorette hunt with the group and be her honor guard? That's my regular job... I think! I'm still a little fuzzy on all the stuff I'm expected to do as a maidie-thing.

But... that brings up another topic, actually! I don't know if it's related or different or somewhere between the two, but I've been having these crazy nightmares lately. Like I'm swimming, right? I always, always have swimming dreams. But then it gets scary! There's this scary thing down below, trying to grab me, so I swim towards the shore! But when I get there... there's another scary thing that wants to eat me! So I try to swim away, but the below-thing chased me and I can't get away and then the shore-thing grabs me and then I wake up screaming. Not... not my favorite.

And! And and and! There's one more thing. Sammy is being a big giant weirdo and he keeps giving me these looks. It's a look that I know! It's the same kind of look I'd get when I caught sight of a big, juicy fish and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I... I think I need to find a friend to guard me. So I don't get eaten. And why not make it a person that can go to the wedding with me! That'd be like cracking open a clam and finding a tasty fish to boot. Basically, the best thing I can imagine happening! Soooooo now I just need to find a date-protector. And figure out how that works out with you humans. Do I make some sort of mating display...? Do I give a signal to invite one...? Gosh, you surfacers are so complicated.

I better ask Elly. She knows everything. Or at least how to make one of those ridiculous string-boxes make beautiful sounds, which might as well be the same thing. It's super hard! I lean over, getting real close to her ear so that I don't let Sammy in on the fact that I know he definitely wants to devour me, and say, "Hey, Elly, can you help me out with something? It's something really, really important. I've been getting this weird vibe from Sammy and it's kind of creeping me out. Do you mind hanging out later so that he doesn't try to, y'know." I let that sit for a sec, then visibly brighten as a thought occurs to me. "Oh! Oh oh oh! Do you have a friend to go to the wedding with yet? They said I had to get one, which is kind of weird because Caroline has been super in-charge of everything else, but I guess I can just pick someone? Do you want to go?"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 6:56 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 Turn On Elly = (4+2)+2 = 8

Self/String/Promise/Embarassed.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Scene 1: Monday, Homeroom
pre:
Door            [Mr. Lendon]             
[Linda ]     [Zach     ]    [Kevin  ]      [Daryl   ]    |
[Toby  ]     [Grace    ]    [Peyton ]      [Celeste ]    |      Window
[      ]     [Elly     ]    [Fiona  ]      [Omar    ]    |
[Kylie ]     [Josephine]    [Samuel ]      [Victoria]    |
Zacharia Gadsen, the Serpentine
Well, you've decided that Grace is a good choice for your date, but do you have any other ideas on who to ask?

Whoever you choose, you should probably step on it. The wedding is in less than a week, you know.

What do you do?


Fiona Seolh, the Selkie
Elly listens to you, her brows knit with concern as you talk about Samuel, but when you ask her to go with the wedding with you, she cocks her head and starts nervously running her tongue along her braces. In fact, her face is all red, and as close as you are from whispering, you can feel the heat radiating off it.

She says, stammering, "I mean... I... you need a real date for the wedding, not just a friend. And you can easily get one. Pick some guy in here, and they'd trip over themselves to say yes. I mean, you're really..." She trails off, her face even redder.

She's acting awkward, and you can have your Catch of the Day XP.

That's when you notice Grace and Toby looking back at the two of you, both of them watching Elly very carefully. Elly sees them and buries her face in her history textbook. Then, they both look at you, trying to figure out what just happened. Grace is also writing something down.

By the by, Peyton just pretty blatantly threatened Samuel. What do you think about that?

What do you do?

Omar Harris, the Infernal
She bats her eyes at you and says playfully, "Well, I knew that, but I didn't know if my poor heart would be able to take a face to face rejection from you. Thankfully, I don't have to find out."

She's promising to be your date for the wedding.

She leans closer, "Of course, the only reason you're asking me is because you haven't seen the bridesmaids dresses. I mean... I get that Caroline wants to be the best looking girl at her wedding, but these dresses are just cruel. Boys are lucky. Even Kyle can't screw up a tux." She says the last with her dazzling smile.

Then, Satan whispers in your ear, "Oh, she is gorgeous, isn't she? Anyway, we both know you want to gently caress her. So, the question is... before or after the rehearsal dinner. Just say the word, and we'll work something out."

Is he normally so proactive? Or is this unusually forward?

What do you do?

Peyton Lestrade, the Queen
Aside from another contrite plea from Samuel to just give him a little time,

In the group message, Irene seems disappointed, saying "Come on, not even getting a mixed group together to go? Fiona's just so weeeeeeeeird."

Grace, for her part, says, "So, options huh... Can I ask what's behind door number 2? Or 3? Or even 6? I mean, at this point, I'm open to anyone whose family doesn't think the Constitution should have stopped at Amendment #12."

What do you do?

Kylie Connor, the Ghost
Josephine takes the stick of gum and starts loudly blowing bubbles with it, glancing up at Mr. Lendon to see if he's going to do anything about it. After a few beats pass, he gives her an exasperated look, but he doesn't actually say anything. She gives you a smug grin at that before her look turns conspiratorial as she whispers, "I don't know either, buuuuuut... the bridesmaids should know, right? And that means Fi- 'I'm a giant crybaby' -ona would know." She adds, "Apparently she had a giant meltdown in the cheerleader dressing rooms because she had a weird fur thing in her bag, and one of the others took it and was playing keepaway with it. Anyway, bet if we lean on her hard enough, we can get pretty much anything we want out of her."

She looks at you, clearly expecting approval of her wonderful plan.

What do you do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0+1/5 | Conditions:

"I'm sure you'll look fine no matter what Caroline has you wearing," I say back. It's true...which I guess Satan picked up on. I feel a bit of embarrassment as he points out something obvious. I think he knows that, which is why he likes to make these kinds of offers. Funny to him I guess.

"No, I can do this on my own" I think back to him. I can always ask for his help later I suppose, but right now I'm thinking of what happened to make Celeste single in the first place. I bring my attention back to her and we gaze into each other's eyes, silent for a moment. I wonder...what can I do to make sure things go right with her?

@Heliotrope: 2d6+2 Gaze Into The Abyss = (1+1)+2 = 4
Marking XP

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.




Kylie Connor, The Ghost
Hot-1 | Cold-1 | Volatile+1 | Dark+2
XP: 0, Harm: 0

I pop some gum of my own into my mouth. "I don't have a better idea," I shrug. "Her locker is basically right next to mine and she usually pops over after homeroom to grab a book or whatever. Meet me there, yeah?"

I don't really pay attention to her response. I just close my eyes and slouch down into my chair. Why does school start so loving early?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Peyton Lestrade
Hot: +2 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
XP: 0 | Harm: 0

I wave a dismissive hand at Samuel. I'll deal with him after school. My phone vibrates and I read Irene's complaint. Part of me wants to yell at her to get with the program. Nah, this is a chance to kill two birds with one stone. "Think I got a third wheel for you."

In a half whisper, I psst at Zach. "Hey Zach?" I say, giving him a look. "Dateless wonder. Irene's looking to accessorize for the wedding. Think you can manage to stand around and look pretty? They'll be chilling with Fiona too." I give him a quick wink. And speaking of which....

...I have Fiona's number from a while back, so I text her quickly. "You and Zach have a thing?" Because they've been acting weird together. Don't know what's up there. "You should go to the wedding together, Irene's unattached too and will chill with you guys, so nothing funny if you don't want."

That leaves us with Grace....what to do with her. Can't have one of my girls go unattached. Omar's clearly going after Celest, and I'm not setting her up with one of the turbo-nerds. I text her quickly. "Ian Glendel?" I suggest.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Fiona Seolh, the Selkie
Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None!

I look quizzically at Elly, completely not-really-intentionally ignoring Grace and Toby, not quite sure what the problem is or why she's suddenly attempting to absorb all the book-words with her face. What the heck is the difference between 'a real date' and a 'friend', anyway? Isn't that like two words for the same thing? You humans are really silly! Well, whatever. I'll ask her about it later I guess. I'm a little interested in what Peyton just said to Sammy — she's giving him the predator look, too! — and what the phone-words she sent me are all about. I pull out mine and hesitantly tap back a quick reply after I read the message. I haven't quite mastered your keyed-boards yet.

@Peyton posted:

Um, yes! A thing. That is probabably a word for what we have going on. I guess that would be okay if it was a group...? I don't think Irene likes me, though.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Zacharia Gadsen - The Serpentine
Hot: -1 Cold: +2 Volatile: +1 Dark: -1
XP: 1 Harm: 0[/quote]

I did perhaps wait too long making my move, and now moves are being made for me. I turn back to look towards Peyton as she makes an offer for Irene in a way that is not exactly flattering. But despite her tone, I am tempted. Irene was the other choice. I do after all wish to mend fences with Peyton, and a pastor's daughter, and with both of us being together not making as much of a statement as going as a mixed couple. And with Peyton now putting this forward, if I reject Irene and go for Grace, that risks displeasing my family AND Peyton. It would probably be easier to just go along and go with Irene. Easier, less fuss, more cautious.

No. Let's not do that. I want to go my own way. I want to bring our family in the 21st century, rather than slowly decaying, I'm going to have to stand up for my choices and there's no time like the present.

"Irene is of course lovely, and any boy in school should be delighted to be an accessory, but..." and then I turn towards Grace. "I would actually wish to ask you, Grace. Of all the people with whom I would very much like to spend more time in conversation, you are the top of the list. Intelligence, drive and wits make for fascination talks I'm sure, especially on such an occasion where our thoughts turn to our own futures. I would be delighted, Grace, if I was allowed to escort you at the wedding."

quote:

@Zacharia - Shogeton: 2d6-1 turn on Grace = (5+2)-1 = 6[. So close, get 1 xp at least

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Scene 1: Monday, Homeroom
pre:
Door            [Mr. Lendon]             
[Linda ]     [Zach     ]    [Kevin  ]      [Daryl   ]    |
[Toby  ]     [Grace    ]    [Peyton ]      [Celeste ]    |      Window
[      ]     [Elly     ]    [Fiona  ]      [Omar    ]    |
[Kylie ]     [Josephine]    [Samuel ]      [Victoria]    |
Zacharia Gadsen, the Serpentine
You deliver your invitation with charm that you scarcely knew that you had, and Grace sits and takes in your offer, unsure of what she's hearing. In fact, you see that most of the classroom (even Mr. Lendon is peeking over his gradebook) is watching the two of you, and for a moment, the normal chatter of the room dies, and you swear you can hear your heart beating. Grace's eyes size you up, and you see her make a decision. She says, "Yes. That... sounds like a delightful night."

Were you expecting her to say yes?

After that, she adds, "Why don't we get together after the student council meeting, so we can make some plans?"

Oh. Right. All of Peyton's gang are on student council.

And she isn't.

That's going to be fun.

Peyton Lestrade, the Queen
Well, that was a quick change of heart from Grace.

Irene starts to pout that she got snubbed, and then Grace starts talking about Student Council. Both Irene and Kevin turn to look at you, unsure of how you're going to react. You also realize that they'd all been avoiding talking about Student Council at all since you know... you're not going to be there.

I mean... that was the plan. You all were supposed to be on the Student Council, and you're the only one who didn't win... So, they were sort of stuck with it. You even cleared your Monday afternoons so you'd have time for Student Council. And now, it's just a big ol' hole in the schedule while your closest friends go off on their own.

With Zacharia, to boot.

Omar Harris, the Infernal
You stare into her eyes, and you feel the room suddenly tilt as you fall into them, eyes swallowing you up in darkness. You flail around, feeling for anything solid to hold on to, and after what feels like an eternity, your hand latches onto something solid. It feels like... a flashlight! You try to click it on, but nothing. It's dead. That's when Satan just laughs, saying, "Come on, kid. We both know how this works. You wanna get a charge? You know you've got to pay the pri-"

"-amr? Omar? You in there?"

You snap back to yourself, and she's waving a hand in front of your face, starting to look worried.
Celeste takes a string on you.

When she sees that you're aware of your surroundings, she says, sympathetically, "Can't sleep much either, huh? I know I've always got so many thoughts about the wedding running around in my head, it's almost impossible to go to sleep.Why don't we meet up at lunch? Maybe you can catch up on your sleep in history." She squeezes your hand and then turns back to the front of the class.


And with that, Mr. Lendon starts taking roll.

___________________________________________
Scene 2 - The Halls

Fiona Seolh, the Selkie and Kylie Connor, the Ghost
Fiona, you're getting a few books out of your locker when Kylie and Josephine walk up and stand on either side of you. Before you can say anything, Josephine slams your locker door shut before leaning right up into your face, "So, we heard you're going to the bachelorette party, and we really, really curious what's on the itinerary. Surely you could clue in just a couple of curious friends, right?"

The hall has a few people still in it, but no one seems to pay much attention to the three of you right now.

What do you do?

By the way, Fiona, what ARE the Bachelorette party plans you've heard from Celeste? What extravagant flourishes has she hinted at to your group?

Also, Josephine acting a lot... more forceful than when you were messing around with her, Kylie. How new is that, anyway?


Omar Harris, the Infernal and Peyton Lestrade, the Queen
Omar, you got a text from Kyle, saying that he wants to meet you at lunch and to bring Peyton, too. Just Peyton, none of her flunkies.

He was really clear on that.

So, when you see her walking down the hall, of course she's surrounded by her "flunkies."

What do you do?

By the way, Peyton, what are you planning on doing after school? Since, you know, you've got a few hours where your friends are all going to be busy with Zach.

Zacharia Gadsen, the Serpentine
Honestly, that went about as well as could be expected. Still, things definitely got pretty awkward when Grace mentioned Student Council. Still, there's time to smooth that over before the student council meeting, right?

While you're getting ready for your next class, Toby sees you and runs over, saying, "Hey, Zach. Why didn't you ever tell me your cousin was so cool? I saw him down at my parents store over the weekend, and he even remembered me from the last time he was in town. Back before he graduated, you know?"

He then shows you flier that's filled with flags and fireworks and, of course, Leopold mugging for the camera, adding, "You're going to his party tonight, right?"

Well, it's the first you've heard of it. It would be after Student Council, so you'd be free to go.

What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Fiona Seolh, the Selkie
Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None!

It's amazing how they snuck up on me! Sure, yes, I am quite distracted by the bacheloretting and the wedding-date and what even the difference is between a friend and a real-date... but wow! The books tumble out of my hands as Josephine slams the door. That was loud! And I wasn't expecting it! And... oh boy, she's getting really close. She's not red like Elly was, though, so I'm not sure what's up with that. Don't you all get weird and red when two people get close like this? Hm...

I say, "Um, well, Celeste told me to keep it a secret. It's supposed to be a big surprise and I said I wouldn't tell anyone and... Y'know. Why do you want to know? This is just a little thing for the bridy-people anyways. The wedding is the big thing, right?"

Ohh man, I almost slipped and told them about Celeste's big plan to rent a stretched out long car and take us all to the mythical land of Atlantis. There's supposed to be a cousin or a friend or a cousin-friend there that can sneak us some 'good stuff' while we 'party on the town'. Now about half of that really doesn't make sense, but all the girls seemed really excited by it so I guess it must just be a translation thing! Anyways, I really need to get to class and get my books and wow Josephine is still really close to my face.

I reach up and gently brush some of my hair out of my eyes as I purse my lips. I don't want to be rude, but I don't want to be late for class again — apparently getting lost in this hallway-labyrinth isn't a good excuse — and Josephine's being kind of weird and Kylie is super quiet and I'm so confused. I lean forward, almost touching her face with mine, then ask, "Do you need anything else, or...?"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 8:46 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 Turn on Josephine! = (4+6)+2 = 12

Taking that string and Josephine can choose Self/Promise/Awkward!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1+1/5 | Conditions:
Soul Debt: 0/5

I try not to think too much about what that experience in class was about. So when Kyle asks me to get Peyton, that's a pretty welcome distraction. I thought it might not be a problem, but they're right here and I have to figure out how to get Peyton to meet us without wanting her friends around. Oh boy. I call out to her, waving an arm so she can see me.

"Hey! Peyton!" I head closer to her. "Can I talk to you for a moment?" I pause. "Alone?" I give her a friendly smile.

@Heliotrope: 2d6+1 Turn On Peyton = (1+1)+1 = 3
Marking XP

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.




Kylie Connor, The Ghost
Hot-1 | Cold-1 | Volatile+1 | Dark+2
XP: 0, Harm: 0

Nice try. I lean my head in and gently push Jo out of the way, then get my face up in Fiona's. God what a weird kid. I make sure to chew my gum extra loud, just to be annoying.

"Yeaaah I don't give a flying gently caress what Celeste said. Now the way I see it, you've really got two options here. Either you tell us where the party is and we leave you alone and you can go to class, or I can give you a black eye dark enough no concealer's gonna hide it come the weekend."

Jo seems a little annoyed by me taking charge and pushing her out of the way, which is... weird, I guess? Like she actually wanted to kiss Fiona or some poo poo. Never seemed that into me, but whatever. No, seriously, whatever. I lean back in to Fiona, who seems to have forgotten that I'm even here, she's just staring at Jo again.

"Hey! I'm talking to you! What's your choice, huh? We're not gonna tell anyone you told us, ok? This is real easy."

@quiggy: 2d6-1 Shut down Fiona = (5+5)-1 = 9
Taking a String on Fiona; she gets to give me a Condition.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Zacharia Gadsen - The Serpentine
Hot: -1 Cold: +2 Volatile: +1 Dark: -1
XP: 1 Harm: 0[/quote]

Everything went better than I expected. I can't help but smile at it. Oh, I do notice the silence, and no doubt word will reach my parents soon enough, but I will convince them this is for the best. There is of course, Peyton to deal with. She might consider this an attack on my part, but I'm sure I'll fix that. I could always be agreeable to propositions that benefit Peyton during the Student Council meeting. Not that I have grand amounts of power, but I might be able to nudge things here and there. Besides, I'm sure Peyton has plenty of ways to entertain herself without her friends by her side.

Speaking of friends, there is Tony. I smile and wave as he approaches, but my smile wilts a bit when he talks about my cousin Leopold.

Leopold.

He is family, and you don't turn against family. But drat if he's not a threat to everything I'm trying to make happen. And now he's meddling with my friends. They are mine! I don't go and try to recruit his little friends in my schemes. A party. Oh for peace's sake. Nothing good can come of a party he and his are holding. But for now, I have to deal with this.

"I'm not sure. I don't always like Leopold's friends, bless their hearts." Zacharia said. "And sometimes, you find yourself in rather unpleasant company. Where is the party happening anyway?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Fiona Seolh, the Selkie and Kylie Connor, the Ghost
Fiona, Josephine bites her lip and starts to turn red, just like Elly did.

Kylie, Josephine takes a step closer to Fiona, slightly putting herself between the two of you and says to Fiona in a husky voice, "If we stay here much longer, we're going to make a scene. Why don't we continue this in the bathroom?" She's just talking to Fiona, as if you're not even there anymore.

What do you do?

Omar Harris, the Infernal and Peyton Lestrade, the Queen
Omar, Kevin steps up before Peyton responds, saying, "Hey, moron. I'm standing right here. Go find some other couple to break up."
Irene adds a "Yeah, jerk," while Grace stands near the two of them, not saying anything, but clearly agreeing with them.

By the way, Peyton, do you think Omar was on the up and up when he showed Celeste the texts he found? I mean... they did just agree to go to the wedding together. Kinda fishy, right?

What do you do?

Zacharia Gadsen, the Serpentine
Tony frowns, saying, "I mean, if it looks like it's turning bad, we can just leave, right?" When you ask where it is, he takes another look at the flier, adding, "Down by the beach, looks like. There's gonna be a bonfire and food."

Pleading, he says, "Come on... It'll be fine!"

Well, he does seem a little desperate. You could probably extract something in exchange for going. That's how politics works, right? Or do you have a very firm divide between business and pleasure?

What do you do?

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Mar 15, 2018 around 01:02

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Fiona Seolh, the Selkie
Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None!

Once again I'm just kind of confused. I mean, Kylie is threatening to... hit me? I think? And Josephine wants to talk now. It's weird how she's all red, but she's being way nicer and I bet Kylie won't get to hit me if I go with her. I mean, hallway time isn't that long, but I think I can fit in a quick trip to the bathroom! Scooping up my books and positioning myself a little closer to Josephine, I say, "Um, okay! Yeah. That sounds good. Let's, uh, let's go do that. Your friend is kind of scaring me..."

Should I tell Celeste that Kylie is trying to crash this bridy-thing? I don't get what the big deal about it all is, but I don't really want to get punched or have people get mad at me for secret-telling. Maybe I could get some of the football people to help protect me...? They always are really happy when the cheerleaders are around and I bet I could get a favor!

Kylie gets the condition Bad News.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.




Kylie Connor, The Ghost
Hot-1 | Cold-1 | Volatile+1 | Dark+2
XP: 0, Harm: 0

Jo are you loving kidding me. "Hey! Jo! Stop forgetting I'm loving right next to you!" I look up at the clock. Still two or three minutes before class, and while I don't particularly give a poo poo about making it in time, I also don't want Fiona's dork-rear end friends to wonder where she is. Better move this along. I give Fiona a moderate shove towards the bathroom--nothing hard enough to risk knocking her over or hurting her, but enough to make it clear that I'm not playing here.

quiggy fucked around with this message at Mar 15, 2018 around 21:22

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Peyton Lestrade
Hot: +2 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
XP: 0 | Harm: 0

Damnit, Grace, going to give me social whiplash!

What the hell changed her mind? I'm not incredibly upset, I wanted somebody to have tabs on Zach. But Grace is doing it on *her* terms, not mine, which makes my stomach feel rather twisty and my back rather stabby.

Irene's texts are getting testy and I just flip my phone over so I don't see the screen. Now Kevin and Grace are looking at me. "Sure, totally," I say, in . my most carefully balanced tone. Ugh. Ugh ugh. Just thinking of Zach beating me brings anger bubbling up to the surface. The last time we all talked about it was a while back, just after, when Grace said she could make the paper's council reporter, because 'at least you could be involved, Pey'. I shut her down in no uncertain - and kind of overly bitchy - terms. Maybe she never really forgave me, even though she said she did.

Deep breaths, Peyton.

The Halls

We're by our lockers - of course I got them all arranged together - when shithead Omar comes up. Kevin and Grace are all over him, and why not, because he absolutely deserves it. I put a hand on Kevin's shoulder, pulling him back, stepping forward. "No, nono," I tell him and Grace. "I'm a big girl, I can handle the likes of Omar," I say, smirking. "See you in a few," I say, "I don't think this'll take long."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Fiona Seolh, the Selkie
Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None!

When Kylie shoves me... You know, that really kind of makes me a little steamed! Here I am, just minding my own business, and she wants to punch me and push me and who knows what else. Not today, not any day! I spin around, eyes flashing like the sea in a storm, and I jab my finger right into her chest. I say, "Hey! Knock that off. You should really learn from your friend here. She wants something, she's asking nice. You're just being a real jerk and why should I tell you anything?"

And, more than anything, I'm getting a feeling that this is exactly the sort of thing that Zach wanted me to stop. Ugh. Talk about jerks! Once I get my pelt back... Well, I don't know. That's then, this is now. I get right up in her face with that and stare at her eye to eye. It worked with calming Josephine down, so maybe it'll work with Kylie? Who knows with you crazy landfolk.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 1:42 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+3 Turn On Kylie (+task) = (3+1)+3 = 7

String/Self/Promise/Awkward.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1+1/5 | Conditions:
Soul Debt: 0/5

That went badly. At least she agreed to talk to me, so I can just ignore Kevin and Irene for now. As we head away from her group, I take a look at them. I don't know how happy they're going to be with me bringing Peyton away (if she agrees)...but they'll follow what she wants, right?

"Kyle wants to talk to you and me during lunch. Just the three of us." I hesitate for a moment, then remember my own lunch with Celeste. "Shouldn't take too long, I think."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Peyton Lestrade
Hot: +2 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
XP: 0 | Harm: 0

I'm ready to just stonewall Omar and put him in his place, when he mentions Kyle. Kyle. Oh poo poo. My mind races. What could it it be? Is Caroline...do people know about Irene? Of all the things I've worked to bury around here...

...I cross my arms and keep Omar in a withering gaze. "Kyle could just talk to me himself. What do *you* need to be involved for?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:
Soul Debt: 0/5

"I don't know." I can't wait to get this over with and not have to be around her anymore. "I can text him on the way and ask what's up if you like?"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Peyton Lestrade
Hot: +2 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
XP: 0 | Harm: 0

I snort at Omar. "No, it's fine, if Kyle wants to be a chickenshit that's his deal," I say. "Let's go." As we're walking, I give him a look. "So Celeste," I say.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Zacharia Gadsen - The Serpentine
Hot: -1 Cold: +2 Volatile: +1 Dark: -1
XP: 1 Harm: 0[/quote]

Why is he so desperate to go to a beach party. I really, really don't want to go there. It could ruin everything I'm trying to set up. But Tony is a friend, and he's really desperate. If I block him off, I may strain our relation. But I want to be in control. Honestly, right now there is not much I want from him. It is just good to have people around that like me. In the future though, they might get into positions of influence. They have a certain academic prowess. And I can nurture ambition in them. They are investments for the future.

But how to deal with this? What would Peyton do? Well, Grace certainly seemed to go against what she wished, and Peyton seems to have accepted it. So, perhaps that is how human leadership works. Sometimes you need to go along with things.

"Fine," I say. "but the moment we see swastika's or iron crosses or something of the like, we are leaving. I don't fancy being one of those people having to explain on facebook they are not a racist, honestly." I look on my phone, trying to assess how badly this could damage me.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.




Kylie Connor, The Ghost
Hot-1 | Cold-1 | Volatile+1 | Dark+2
XP: 0, Harm: 0

Fiona pushes her face real close to mine, and I can't help but get lost in those eyes of hers. It'd be a shame to mess up her face this close to the wedding, even if she is a dweeb. Fine.

"I, uh... it's almost class time. How about this: you let me know where the party is, neither me nor Jo will let anyone know you're the one who spilled the beans, and in return I'll owe you one, ok? Whatever you need, whenever you need it, don't hesitate to come calling."

Take a String on me.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:
Soul Debt: 0/5

"Yeah. Celeste," I respond back.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Fiona Seolh, the Selkie
Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None!

Well, it worked! She still wants to know all the stuff that I'm not supposed to talk about, but... Well, maybe if we go to the bathroom like Josephine said nobody will know how they figured it out! Or maybe I can distract them for a few minutes in there and try and figure out what to do during class? I don't think Celeste or Caroline would want me to get punched, even for the bridy-thing, but... Well, I definitely don't want to get punched. How are they even going to get to Atlantis anyways?

I say, "Um, okay, maybe, but not here? With the people and all that... How about the bathroom, like Josephine said?" I get close to Jo again as I say that, close enough that our shoulders are brushing. She's definitely the less punchy of the two, even if Kylie seems to have calmed down. "I'm sure we can figure something out real quick."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Scene 2 - The Halls
Fiona Seolh, the Selkie and Kylie Connor, the Ghost
Almost before the words are out of Fiona's mouth, Josephine's dragging both of you to the bathroom. Once you're both in the bathroom, she very impatiently says, "Ok, spill it." Josephine's ravenously hungry eyes are locked on Fiona.

What do you do?

Omar Harris, the Infernal and Peyton Lestrade, the Queen
When the two of you get back, the rest of Peyton's gang are still giving Omar the stink eye. Suddenly, Kevin looks like he has an idea, and he puts a possessive arm around Peyton, saying "So, do you want to go out to dinner tonight?"

Omar, do you have anything you need to do before class? Or are you just going to get out while the getting's good?

What do you do?

Zacharia Gadsen, the Serpentine
Toby looks at you, unsure of how to respond before saying, "Uh... yeah, I guess... that'd be a good sign to duck out?"

Toby looks around a bit more, and adds, "Look, I really need a date for the wedding. I thought... maybe... I'd meet someone who'd wanna go with me there. I don't wanna show up by myself, looking like a loser. And, you're... well, you're not just a Gadsen. You're Zacharia Gadsen. You beat out Peyton in a popularity contest, and you just convinced Grace to go with you like it was nothing. So... maybe you could poiners?"

You can tell he's really putting himself out there, now. What do you do?

Looks like we both swapped between Tony and Toby. I think it was originally Toby, right?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Peyton Lestrade
Hot: +2 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
XP: 0 | Harm: 0

"Not even letting the body cool there," I say, but then I think better of it, and huff, waving him off dismissively. I turn on my heel and head back down the hall towards Kevin and Irene. The two are chatting, and giving Omar a 'should we murder him' look. I get into reach and Kevin grabs me about the waist. He's always been a bit possessive, not surprising when he's clearly dating up.

I consider this, glancing at IRene, then Omar. "Not tonight, stud," I say. "Got some wedding stuff to do, you know? Promise I'll make it worth your wait, yeah?" I says, turning to kiss him quickly.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:
Soul Debt: 0/5

I just roll my eyes and turn around. Best to just ignore them for now, I got Peyton to come to lunch which Kyle wanted. But...I wonder what Kyle could want. Why would he need to talk to the both of us, and no one else? Why didn't he tell me what we're going to be talking about? The more I think about it, the more I'm worried. Could something else be going on? I'm lost in thought as I wander the halls, barely paying attention to anything else going on. I'm too busy thinking about Kyle, our interactions the last few days, trying to remember if anything odd came up...anything at all.

@Heliotrope: 2d6+2 Gaze Into the Abyss = (2+3)+2 = 7

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Fiona Seolh, the Selkie
Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None!

I take a quick look under the stall for legs before I say anything. Like... cheerleadery legs! I may be kind of new at this leg thing and all the secret-keeping that comes with it, but I've outswam a few predators in my time. Satisfied that I'm probably not going to be hung out to dry by Celeste or Caroline, I say, "Um, okay, so there's going to be one of those long, stretchy cars and it's going to take us to Atlantis. And there was something about some good stuff being involved...? You'd need to ask Celeste if you want anything more than that. I only know when we're leaving." I look between them, noticing that Josephine really has a case of the predator face right now, and say, "So, um, that's everything, right?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Zacharia Gadsen - The Serpentine
Hot: -1 Cold: +2 Volatile: +1 Dark: -1
XP: 1 Harm: 0[/quote]

I probably sound a bit too worked up about my cousin. And heck, chances are, it'll actually just be relatively low key. Perhpas Leopold just wants to be with some local people. It'll be fine. Also, any worrying I'm feeling is a bit diminished by, well, the admiration. Part of me wants to belittle it. I got my position partly based on my name alone, and while I did arrange a date with Grace, it is to go to a wedding of a woman I courted very unsuccessfully. But on the other hand. It feels good. I'm getting the hang of it. Yes, I think this will lead to better tings. So yes, I will give Toby advice. I briefly think on how I invited Grace. It is actually good that I am forced to think on it.

"Think of the things in her that intrigue and interest you, and bring those up. Do not fawn and speak too long. Be courteous and polite and never crude, you're a southern young gentleman after all. Do not press her by making it too emotional and binding, nor belittle it by suggesting it is meaningless." I look him over. Geeky T-shirt and jeans, a bit crumpled. "And while one should of course be true to one's own style, always strive to be well groomed within that style. Being well dressed is a valuable equipment bonus after all."

I feel like Solomon here. "Is there any one you are thinking about in particular?"

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.




Kylie Connor, The Ghost
Hot-1 | Cold-1 | Volatile+1 | Dark+2
XP: 0, Harm: 0, Conditions: Bad News

Jesus H Christ there is no reason that should've been so hard. "Atlantis, huh? Yeah I know the place, ok. That's all I really wanted. I'll hold up my end of the bargain: no one knows you're the one who told us, mkay?"

I turn back to Jo, who is ignoring me again. "Hey Jo? Jo! Let's get out of here before anyone notices we're missing." I turn without watching to see if she's following, and give Fiona one more shove for good measure on the way out of the bathroom. loving creep.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Scene 2 - The Bathroom
Fiona Seolh, the Selkie
Fiona, you stumble for step before Josephine catches you. She turns you and her face gets closer and closer to yours. Then, she pulls you in for a kiss while walking you back into a stall, her arms wrapped around you.
She's giving self
What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Fiona Seolh, the Selkie
Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None!

I shoot Kylie a look as she pushes me and say, "Hey!" What a jerk! I told her what she wanted to know and everything. Still... Josephine is a little more immediately threatening. She's getting really close again, and I stammer a bit as I say, "Ah, I, um... Mmph!"

Josephine's lips cut me off, the half-thought excuses and really my entire train of thought washing away as she pulls at me. You know, I'm still not really sure what's going on, but... Josephine is really good at it. Maybe it wasn't a mean face after all...? I melt into her embrace and let her pull me into the stall. It's like she's the ocean and I'm just trying to ride the current and eddies. That's all you can really do, right? Maybe I'm going to be late for class but — Ah! — I'm not really worried about it right now.

Fading.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Scene 2: Halls
Fiona Seolh, the Selkie
As you let yourself get pulled into the depths, you feel warm and comforted by the Ocean. It's almost like being back home for a moment.

While you're underwater, you can hear Josephine sobbing, and you see an embarrassed girl quickly putting clothes back on, whispering, "I'm sorry, this was all a mistake." The voice sounds familiar, and as the door cracks and a shaft of light enlightens the room, you see Celeste's flushed face for a moment. Then, she's out in a hallway, desperately trying to straighten her disheveled outfit.

Take a String on Celeste.

When you come back to yourself, a brief glance at a clock reveals that you're super late for class. In fact, it's almost lunch!

Also, what of yours is missing?

Omar Harris, the Infernal
"Omar, Omar, Omar," Satan says, sounding exasperated as you try and concentrate. He sighs and adds, "You're lucky I like you so much, or I'd start to look for a partner who's sharper than a breadknife." You can hear him grin as he whispers in your ear, "But still, why don't you let me point you in the right direction."

Suddenly, the hallway is filled with wispy ghosts of you and Kyle, reenacting scenes from the last month. There's one where you're talking with him about the rehearsal dinner, and another one where you're talking about how to make sure the rest of the groomsmen show up on time. The one rounding the corner looks like when the two of you were talking about homework, since Mrs. Malony isn't giving the happy couple a break on their history project due Thursday. And they keep coming. Know what none of them look like?

Anything fun.

Peyton Lestrade, the Queen
Kevin shoots a quick glance at Omar, but as he's walking off, he seems satisfied for the moment. He does look a little disappointed, but he gives you a kiss, saying, "Of course, babe."
By the way, when you're heading back to class, Grace asks who you think she should look into for the next gossip dish on her blog.

Scene 3: Lunch
Zacharia Gadsen, the Serpentine and Fiona Seolh, the Selkie
Fiona, When you're leaving the bathroom, you're spotted by Mr. Kennington, the school disciplinarian. He's a middle aged man with a grey hair and a bald spot on the top of his head. Even you know he's really bad news! When he spots you, his cheeks turn a deep, blotchy red as he approaches you, half-yelling, "You though you could just cut class, Miss Seolh? Well, why don't we head down to my office, and we'll teach you what happens to people who try to duck out on their classes!"
What do you do?

Zach, back in the hall, Toby was pretty non-committal on the rest of the details, but he seemed pretty happy that you're going with him.
But, as you're heading to lunch, you see Mr. Kennington really laying into Fiona for... cutting class? That doesn't sound like her, right? Also, if she gets in trouble, she'd probably have a harder time keeping an eye on things for you.
What do you do?

Omar Harris, the Infernal and Peyton Lestrade, the Queen
Omar and Peyton, the two of you meet outside and head over to where Kyle told Omar he'd be waiting for you. Do you have anything to talk about on your way over?
When you get there, Kyle take a quick look around and says, "Hey, thanks Omar. Knew I could count on you." He turns to Peyton, saying, "So, Peyton. I've got a favor to ask. Do you think you could keep Caroline busy on Tuesday or Wednesday this week? I'm trying to set something up for her, but during all the wedding prep stuff, she's sticking to me like glue. It's... you know..." He grins at that, as he continues, "Well, I'm not complaining, but I do want to surprise her. So... think you could do me a favor?"
What do you do?

Kylie Connor, the Ghost
During class, you overheard Grace and Kevin talking about how Omar went off with Peyton, alone. Now, you see the two of them walking off together at lunch, and it looks like they're going to talk to Kyle of all people. That's bound to be up your alley.
Or maybe you're more interested in Fiona getting chewed out by Mr. Kennington, with Zach looking like he's about to play white knight?
It's not like you have your own, more important social plans at lunch, right? I mean, people tend to look right through you, and now's no exception.
What do you do?

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Mar 24, 2018 around 12:50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Zacharia Gadsen - The Serpentine
Hot: -1 Cold: +2 Volatile: +1 Dark: -1
XP: 1 Harm: 0

Ah.yes. It really wouldn't do for her to risk being unable to complete her task. Besides, considering her being a shapeshifter of some kind, it would be better if our relation is not entirely antagonistic. Let her see that working for me has other benefits beyond 'getting your magical item returned'

And I want to know what she was up to. She is not just a normal student after all. And she might have ideas of searching the school for her hide. Which wouldn't help. I keep that one at home.

Now, let's see if we can continue our hot streak of today. "Ah, Mr Kennington, thank goodness you found her." I say, going for the smile I found to help most in these situations. "I'm afraid there was a bit of a mix up. I asked her to do some preparations for the Homecoming festival. I thought she had a free period before lunch. My fault entirely, but you know, these are crazy times, and Fiona is a new student. Please, I would not wish her clean record to be tainted by a simple misunderstanding."

@Zacharia - Shogeton: 2d6-1 Manipulate Mr Kennington = (3+4)-1 = 6 Get an xp No such thing as Manipulate in MH2.0, so no xp, just tossing this ball up, see where it goes.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at Mar 26, 2018 around 02:39

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«3 »