Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Good morning C-SPAM! Do you enjoy throwing money away? I sure did! I got bored and manic one night and decided I wanted a hat to celebrate C-SPAM's favorite catchphrase with a baseball cap.

However, the minimum order was 12, so I had extras.

I gave the extras away but there were people who still wanted hats. Note: Between the order and the postage I was out about $400 on the original run. I am not going to buy free hats for the entire forum, so some people were left disappointed and angry. I, however, had a hat in which to hate-watch the SOTU.

Luckily, the good folks at Custom Ink have a group order option. I've also listened to your criticisms of the first run on the Piss Tape is Real hat and have tweaked it! Different font, to more closely match and satirize a certain other political hat in a garish primary color. I've also added a medium black border to the text to help it show up better; white on yellow is a little hard to make out at a distance. I've kept it in the same neon yellow color and the base text color is still white. There are no official proofs yet, but a quick mock-up from the website:

The basics:
There is a minimum order of 12. I'll cover at least 2 of this order but I'll need people to order at least 10 hats total or else the whole thing gets cancelled. If we're getting close but we're 1-2 more off I may go up to 4 total but the bottom line is that other people need to order hats for this to happen.
If the order is cancelled the money's refunded. Custom Ink doesn't keep your money if you're not getting a hat.
Unless the volume on the order is super large I'll also cover shipping costs. I reserve the right to charge for shipping if this takes off, mainly so that I don't go broke sending people hats. If, say, I have to ship to 20 or more people I'll probably ask for something like $5 for shipping apiece. I really hate handling money online though, so as long as it's not a huge volume I'd rather just eat the shipping costs than coordinate direct payments.
Custom Ink will only ship a group order to one location. They'll ship the hats to me and I'll ship them to anyone who's ordered them.
This means that I will have your shipping information. Winners of the above-linked contest can verify that I did not ship them anything inappropriate (other than the hat itself).
The current estimated cost per hat is $25.73. That amount goes down if the volume gets up higher, but I don't know the exact price tiers.
The default timeframe on a group order is 15 days. I think I can extend that timeframe if this really takes off but I'd rather leave it around that amount. I don't want people left waiting for their hats for too long.
Realistically that would put the hats arriving in early April if you buy any. 15 days for the order run, allow a week for the hats to get to me, then another week for me to ship them out to everyone who's ordered one.

The order link
Let's hope this works. Order hats here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't need to order one because you were are a kind soul, but I will help pimp them for you by showing off another (lovely) picture!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i like how the custom ink logo looks like trump taking multiple streams 2 the face

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
You should just make a KickStarter OP. I'm sure non Goons would be interested

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
extremely considering getting one of these this time around but I don't want to have to explain to my family the depths of my convictions for the piss tape is real.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Xelkelvos posted:

You should just make a KickStarter OP. I'm sure non Goons would be interested

This isn't about making money, I just liked getting the hats spread among the forums last time. Custom Ink actually doesn't have a "sell this for a profit" option anyway. I don't want to make anything off of this, just facilitate people getting the hat if they want one.

E: I'm considering whether to have an "alternate pay" option. Like, if you donate $50 to a charity of my choice I'll cover a hat plus shipping for you. I'm on the fence so far but keep an eye out for that as an option if you don't want to pay directly to Custom Ink.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Pancakes posted:

This isn't about making money, I just liked getting the hats spread among the forums last time. Custom Ink actually doesn't have a "sell this for a profit" option anyway. I don't want to make anything off of this, just facilitate people getting the hat if they want one.

E: I'm considering whether to have an "alternate pay" option. Like, if you donate $50 to a charity of my choice I'll cover a hat plus shipping for you. I'm on the fence so far but keep an eye out for that as an option if you don't want to pay directly to Custom Ink.

You don't have to budget your KS to make a profit you know. You also don't have to keep any excess money after everything is said and done. I'm just suggesting a way to spread the message of the piss tape (which is real) across a greater audience

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

UFOTacoMan posted:

extremely considering getting one of these this time around but I don't want to have to explain to my family the depths of my convictions for the piss tape is real.

GET ONE

Just ordered mine!

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
I will order one if it's embroidered like the first one

is it

then I will buy it

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

i bought two cuz i loving love wasting money. im going to give one to my girlfriend and shes going to glare at me and not wear it.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

rabble rabble posted:

I will order one if it's embroidered like the first one

is it

then I will buy it

Should be embroidered text like the last one. The only things I changed were the font and the text outline.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

PISS TAPE IS REAL

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Got an email to be a poll worker this summer. I probably will not be wearing this hat day of, but will most assuredly be wearing it in the poll worker training class.

e: I'm also ordering one for the SO, who will just shake her head at me.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

the realness of the piss tape is not a partisan issue. all poll workers should be emblazoned with the truth

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought our favorite catch phrase was "Bernie Sanders" what gives

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Piss Tape is Real

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
I have purchased a hat, pray i do not purchase another

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
just ordered one. thanks bigly for doing this.

pick up the pace
Dec 7, 2009

jumping on this piss wagon

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

money well spent

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
so uh. wrong thread but I'm gonna order one soon.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
We're over 12 hats already, so it's happening. I'll leave the order open for the original duration in case other people are waiting for some reason, but there will be Piss Tape hats.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

this seems like this season's go-to gift for "disappointed but not surprising" spouses

I ordered one and I'm single so I'll have to have my dog shake his head sadly at me

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Pancakes posted:

We're over 12 hats already, so it's happening. I'll leave the order open for the original duration in case other people are waiting for some reason, but there will be Piss Tape hats.

:woop:

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
Just placed an order.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

morally adept posted:

Just placed an order.

:same:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i somehow just saw this thread but im ordering one the second i get home

:pisstape:

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.
thanks bigly

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I'm ordering another one in celebration of Piss Tape 2: Stormy Daniels

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.
If anyone else is in the DC area we should wear these to bars around the White House or the Trump Hotel

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
You're doing the lords work OP

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

morally adept posted:

Just placed an order.

Ditto

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
this piss tape is real and so is the order I placed

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Update: 3 days left, 31 total hats ordered. I'm responsible for 3 of those, one for me, one for my uncle and one to mail to Chris Hayes. Get your orders in now if you want 'em; I won't be leaving this one open longer given that we more than met the minimum amount.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
thanks for the bump i remembered that i needed one

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

i told my girlfriend i bought her a Piss Tape is Real hat and she reacted exactly as I expected (by making fun of me)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Ordered, THE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Less than 24 hours left.

postin' because I bought one like a week or so ago but didn't post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox