Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Tias posted:

This awaits you!

God I miss boletes, last year's harvest was poor and I got spoiled the year before that because you couldn't walk by an oak without finding a half dozen that year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

A russula would have gills not pores. That my friend is a bolete of some variety. This is a handy tool to help you identify what it might be, I got it down to ~30 options just with what I could see in the picture and your location in your profile. https://boletes.wpamushroomclub.org/

corgski fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 1, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Skratte posted:

their gills were white, not brown, like I said. I'm fairly certain they were super poisonous. I'm not really into eating mushrooms I find, I don't have the confidence for that, I just think they're neat.

All white with a veil is 100% destroying angel territory and not something you want to gently caress with unless dying from your liver turning to mush in a week sounds like a good time.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Counterpoint: maitake is loving delicious.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

I still remember the year I found so many chanterelles that I was able to do silly things with them like infuse them into whisky and add them to boxed mac n cheese because they were just everywhere.

But I guess I'd really have owned the boomers if I didn't get to enjoy an absurd excess of fresh chanterelles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

I get oral allergy symptoms from black trumpets and only black trumpets, minor allergies to specific species definitely happens.

I was extremely sad the day I figured that out.