Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
Taking walks to find Mushrooms has become a greater interest of mine for every year, edible or not, a lot of mushrooms are just great fun to find and look at, and of course take pictures of. All of these are from Sweden

This is not the biggest or widest Penny Bun I have seen, but it is definitely the best looking specimen I have ever found, the shape is just perfect, it is practially unharmed and the white vein things stand out great. I could not bring myself to even pick it.

Glorious massive Amanita shroom

I have had a hard time identifying this, it had a very pleasing purple color, but the textbooks seem divisive and google searches seem split at times too, closest seem to be Cortinarius violaceus, or Laccaria amethystina

Could have sworn I just found some super enlarged red blood cells lying around when I saw these, I have no idea what they are

I have been wondering how to preserve the shape and beauty of Mushroom specimens, most preservation efforts deal with cutting them up, drying them and so on to preserve edibility, but I would just want some nice Shrooms in a jar for decorative purposes, pickling them seems the most likely way to succeed but I am unsure of if longevity or looks are preserved well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
Oh yeah, that seems really useful, will keep it bookmarked.

Boletus shrooms feel pretty rare in most areas, can search an entire forest and find maybe 5 of them in total, but there was one area this year that was just swarming in them, probably several hundred within a 100 square meter area, it was insane, few of them were pretty, but many were very chunky and heavy.

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack

Amazingly I like both games and nature, so I made this thing.

Anyways, some shrooms are starting to pop up, I am looking forward to Late August and September again in Sweden when there were masses of Boletes and other shroomage about last year

A surprise Morel Gyromitra esculenta right in the standard walkway to our lake through a small forest thicket. Apparently potentially deadly and poison remains even after cooking, but people here eat them anyways, I take no chances with shrooms and did not touch it.

These look like some tasty candy treats, not sure what they are and they were really small, but I still had an urge to just pop some in my mouth, if only to see if the texture would be all gummyish, but alas must resist again.