Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
as the old saying goes, “everybody’s dad is the best at something, what is your dad the best at?”

my dad is the best at driving large motor vehicles backwards into parking spaces. he can back a 30 foot RV with a trailer on the hitch into a driveway uphill at an angle in no time flat!

so what about you? what is your dad the best at? there are no wrong answers.
if you think your dad is not the best at something, ask him! I bet he is! if you can’t or don’t want to, tell us about a different older man in your life who does something cool and just pretend that he’s your dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

my dad is really skilled at making david eyre pancakes (some people call them dutch babies). he has just the right touch so they always come out perfectly puffy. me and my brother have tried and they come out good but not as good.

ty nesamdoom!

420 SWAGLORD

saban bajramovic
Drinkin, fightin, and fuckin OP. RIP

funmanguy

What time is it?
My dad is the best at performing accurate root cause analysis for CRM systems of large government contractors. He's really good at it.

Farecoal

There he go
my dad is best at not continuing the pattern of physical abuse started by his own parents. he isn't always the best parent or husband but I respect that he tried his hardest to give me and my brothers the kind of childhood he never had

take the moon

by sebmojo
my dad has every lou reed record and has seen basically every movie

Pasketti

lick lick lick
My dad just got his first smartphone and now he's the best at watching Tim and Eric clips on youtube at work and forwarding them to me instead of actually working

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
My dad's real good at making kids and leaving them!

I found him 26 years later (back in 1996) and discovered I have a kid brother and sister. After growing up as the youngest of 3 siblings, I went from the "baby" in the family to the middle kid- my father left my mother after having my brother and I, divorced our mom, remarried and had a daughter, then left HER and met the woman he's with now and had my brother.

He's got good taste in weed, too...

I haven't seen him since he moved down to Florida in 2003 but we keep in touch. I may head down to visit after my nephew is born in May.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
Whooping Batman’s a$$

Robot Made of Meat

Being one of the worst drivers I've ever encountered, yet never having gotten a ticket or in an accident.

It's . . . remarkable.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

cda

by Hand Knit

HotSoapyBeard posted:

Whooping Batman’s a$$

I wish my dad was Wesley Willis

krampster2

my dad is good at making little things like maybe a bench for the backyard or a stand for the bbq.

then afterwards he appreciates it for a long time from multiple different viewing angles with a beer in hand, nodding slightly and saying 'hmm, yes' every now and then.

Twenty Four

cda posted:

I wish my dad was Wesley Willis

Beaten like a red headed step child from their step dad. He's good at it.

Also I saw the Willis in concert twice back in the day. Both times were... interesting.

My dad is the best at being my dad and he is pretty great!

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Never met him but I'm sure he's good at running away from responsibility.

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Just a guess tbh

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
having an encyclopedic knowledge of every single Beatles song. hand him a guitar and shout out the name of a deep cut and he'll start playing it straight away

FluffieDuckie

my dad was best at watching professional wrestling with me when i was a little girl and then throwing me around the room during commercials or getting me into headlocks until i screamed like the girl i was and mom came in screaming, "YOU TWO STOP THAT YOU'RE GOING TO BREAK SOMETHING"

he was also good at telling me i threw like a girl

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

My Dad was the best for quickly learning to call me by my new name and catching himself when he slips and almost uses the old one.
My Dad's just the best.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

canyoneer posted:

having an encyclopedic knowledge of every single Beatles song. hand him a guitar and shout out the name of a deep cut and he'll start playing it straight away

drat, that’s a pretty neat dad

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
My dad was the best at demonstrating that you can be an excellent white collar worker without ever bringing work home with you. When he retired after 34 years with the same company, they had to hire two full time managers to handle the work he was doing in 40 hours a week. He also knew every detail of the manufacturing process from raw materials to finished product, and all of the people on the factory floor.

He was also good at living a long time - 100 years old, and playing a mean game of cribbage right up until the end.

Robot Made of Meat

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

My Dad was the best for quickly learning to call me by my new name and catching himself when he slips and almost uses the old one.
My Dad's just the best.

I came home from work one day when I was 16, and my dad had a co-worker over. My dad introduced me to his co-worker. I believe that was the one and only time in my life that I heard him say my name. Up until then, I didn't know he knew my name.

Queen-Of-Hearts

Hmmm. I can't tell if this is a :peanut: or :smith: story.

Robot Made of Meat

Ohh, it's not a bad story. Most of our family had odd nicknames. I was just surprised to hear him actually speak my name.

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
Has anyone mentioned going to the store and then never coming back (its ok dad, i know how the traffic is going to the store,

Miss Psychosis

My father ACED my paternity test.

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
my dad knows the french inhale

Miss Psychosis

Olive! posted:

my dad knows the french inhale

Everyone inhales, stop being a xenophobe.

funmanguy

What time is it?
Growing up I thought every house had a Library. I mean where was everyone else's dad going to meticulously store all the comics, books, records, and other forums of media? My dads a big nerd, he taught me everything I know.

Macnult

my dad is the best at sending texts like they’re formal emails

Peg Sliderskew
My dad is the best at knowing something about everything. You can ask him any question and he will have at least a snippet of info about it, but if it's related to any sort of engineering, geography, armed forces history or war, sit down because it's going to be a long one.

Courtesy of Manifisto

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN

Macnult posted:

my dad is the best at sending texts like they’re formal emails

Mine ends all his texts “HA HA HA HA XXX” which can be quite unnerving

Macnult

HotSoapyBeard posted:

Mine ends all his texts “HA HA HA HA XXX” which can be quite unnerving

it’s seriously like this:

dad: Macnult,
Think you’ll be around this weekend? We have extended family visiting on Saturday. Thanks.. Dad

Me: Sure I’d love to visit Saturday

dad: Macnult -
cool. thanks, Dad

Macnult

my dad is also the best at alternating between calling himself “dad” and “pops”

LawfulWaffle

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Drinking tirelessly towards oblivion

LawfulWaffle

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Leaving Family Events First

not ready

my dad is the best at fixing and building things. he’s added rooms to his home, installed ceiling fans, fixed my car on multiple occasions, etc. he’s just good at fixing all kinds of problems. definitely one of the best dads.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

my dad is best at respecting my wish not to talk about his horrible right wing politics

Manifisto

Miss Psychosis posted:

Everyone inhales, stop being a xenophobe.

ty nesamdoom!

Queen-Of-Hearts

My dads been looking for a hobby that will get him outside and walking around a bit (hes in his 70s). I suggested model rockets cuz model rockets are cool. He pondered it for a moment and said he'd be on board if we can paint them like north korean missiles and launch them into the pond at the park.

Honestly, im not sure i've ever been prouder of my father.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

My dads been looking for a hobby that will get him outside and walking around a bit (hes in his 70s). I suggested model rockets cuz model rockets are cool. He pondered it for a moment and said he'd be on board if we can paint them like north korean missiles and launch them into the pond at the park.

Honestly, im not sure i've ever been prouder of my father.

north korean missiles are aimed at the moon though.
they used to be aimed at the park but she was impeached last year

• Locked thread