Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

PetraCore posted:

And then they went whale-skiing.
And Sprinkle the Totally Not Dead Weasel was there for the ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

PetraCore posted:

Oh yeah, I was totally thinking, 'well, they know where the third temple is from Fjord, they can get to Nicodranus quickly still, hopefully, maybe they can get Essek to help because Essek definitely doesn't want the oceans to become clogged with a giant angry snake, maybe they can even talk DeRogna into helping because it is an emergency...'

And then they went whale-skiing.

I'm really glad they didn't lose the stupid orb because I'm much more interested in the current plotline and would rather not see the next few episodes get hijacked thanks to some bad rolls in a semi-random encounter.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Mylan posted:

I'm really glad they didn't lose the stupid orb because I'm much more interested in the current plotline and would rather not see the next few episodes get hijacked thanks to some bad rolls in a semi-random encounter.

Oh yeah. It would have been a total disaster. The Lucien thing spurred them into urging DeRogna into accelerating the schedule to leave, and the big deal about this place is that teleporting there is risky, so they'd have to tell her, mid boat-ride "we gotta go somewhere else". That would not have gone over well. It's also uncertain how long it would have taken Avantika to get the orb back to the temple, since she sure seemed to get up north way too fast. But it could have potentially been a week of waiting in the temple for her to show up. (And that's after they actually found the place.)

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Mylan posted:

Oh yes, agreed. I honestly think Matt was probably glad, too, as much as he's willing to improvise based on horrible rolls. Didn't he have an entire thing planned out in C1 for if they rolled the time dilation in the Feywild let Vecna completely take over?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Just got through the last of the Tiberius-era of C1. Glad I didn't skip ahead like some people recommend, there was a some real good stuff in there. Ultimately there were only three or four episodes where I thought Orion was cringingly terrible (one of the Wil Wheaton guest episodes was the worst I think - he was just cranky and lovely the entire time, the guests definitely picked up on it, and it just seemed like a totally different vibe than the episodes with the other team). Mostly I enjoyed Tiberius as a character and it seemed like the cast did as well, most of the time. He seemed to be improving somewhat as a player as well before that last disastrous episode where he just wasted everyone's time for the whole session. Oh well. Interestingly, I got the new Critical Role book and Orion is basically treated as a guest star, with Tiberius getting a one-page summary alongside the other guest characters from that era and otherwise not being mentioned at all, at least that I've seen so far.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Been going through Season 2 again for kicks. I was enjoying catching up, and only started to skip ahead during the seafaring arc when they were going through those underwater dungeons (I do love Sam later dropping a line where he poked a friendly jab at Travis over how long they spent on Fjord's backstory when Travis questioned the party's next move). Things hit a stride again eventually until I got back up to the well battle with the succubus/incubus. That was a rough episode to try and re-listen to. It felt like everybody was having no fun because of a mixture of the bad rolls, mind dominations, the party disorganization, some non-optimal choices, and other stuff like poor Travis having to run two characters, one of which he was rolling poorly for. The players all sound really tired and kind of irritable as Matt was desperately trying to keep things moving. Taliesin was close to having another PC death, and it seemed like nobody could work up the energy to really care.

Just kind of thinking out loud. I feel like that was probably the lowest point in the campaign that I can remember just in terms of like nobody having a good time.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Wasn't that the episode where Caleb is mind-controlled in to attacking the party? Cause I remember Liam having a blast once he realized what was going to happen, though it's possible my memory has reframed events.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

tsob posted:

Wasn't that the episode where Caleb is mind-controlled in to attacking the party? Cause I remember Liam having a blast once he realized what was going to happen, though it's possible my memory has reframed events.

Yeah, that was when the battle was still kinda fresh.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I think the point it stops being a Fun Time is when both Yasha and Caleb are under, because hoo boy is that a lot of firepower aimed at the party.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Pennsylvanian posted:

Been going through Season 2 again for kicks. I was enjoying catching up, and only started to skip ahead during the seafaring arc when they were going through those underwater dungeons (I do love Sam later dropping a line where he poked a friendly jab at Travis over how long they spent on Fjord's backstory when Travis questioned the party's next move). Things hit a stride again eventually until I got back up to the well battle with the succubus/incubus. That was a rough episode to try and re-listen to. It felt like everybody was having no fun because of a mixture of the bad rolls, mind dominations, the party disorganization, some non-optimal choices, and other stuff like poor Travis having to run two characters, one of which he was rolling poorly for. The players all sound really tired and kind of irritable as Matt was desperately trying to keep things moving. Taliesin was close to having another PC death, and it seemed like nobody could work up the energy to really care.

Just kind of thinking out loud. I feel like that was probably the lowest point in the campaign that I can remember just in terms of like nobody having a good time.

Interestingly I remember that fight really fondly. But that might be because it was my first live episode, and I thought the battle was incredibly tense, even if that was because everyone was rolling horribly.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
oh god i forgot it's the halloween episode

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
oh christ

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Holy hell these costumes

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Laura as The Gentleman better not awaken anything in me

Neither should Ashley as Henry Crabgrass for that matter

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

DarklyDreaming posted:

Laura as The Gentleman better not awaken anything in me

Neither should Ashley as Henry Crabgrass for that matter
Nothing beats Travis as Orly

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Those are all wonderful costumes

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Why does Marisha call you Latex Dork?

NordVPN askin the real questions tonight

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I don't even need an actual episode tonight - just them dicking around in these costumes.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

"Maybe should just check out your version of the store and see what's available in your country" :laffo:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Crazy Ted posted:

"Maybe should just check out your version of the store and see what's available in your country" :laffo:

Yeah seriously more than half this poo poo sells out before they even mention it in the episode.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

please update the OP to be just this

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Balenpost Butcher is the Blackpowder Merchant of Campaign 2.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Mammoth meat tastes like poo poo according to a bunch of Russian scientists who dared each other to do it a few years ago, but that may be a side-effect of being stuck in a glacier for a few thousand years

EDIT: Ace Cad confirmed

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

talking about being ace with a patch of grass

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Fantasy McMurdo Station does not have the best tableware, not a surprise

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
poo poo I didn’t think that Matt was going to make the entire region play by the wild magic table.

boutta see some POTTED PLANT

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao this is basically a Seinfeld episode

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Sam is in his element right now.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
There's no bill. This is a government research facility and it's all paid for in advance

Excuse me for a minute while I laugh so hard I go blind for a few seconds

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
This is Solstheim, and they're at Fort Frostmoth. They need to go to Castle Kaarstag.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

they had to take an icebreaker to velious, obviously

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Must have been a different guy, because of the accent!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Was waiting for the accent joke, did not leave disappointed.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
This is a good look for Marisha.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Abroham Lincoln posted:

please update the OP to be just this

gently caress that, this is the new title.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This is a good look for Marisha.

Indeed. But she’s married to Latex Dork. Wait, that makes it sexier somehow.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Come on, don't make us wait!

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Is the poem going to be better or worse than Keg’s note

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I have no idea what's going on between Sam and Marisha right now. Does anyone speak mime?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Ohhhhhhh poo poo.