Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

now that's a twist baby!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Well that would not appear to be a good thing, friends!!!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

poo poo she was a loving cultist the whole time

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

eke out posted:

poo poo she was a loving cultist the whole time

I always pick the worst time to get a shower, I thought the poetry would last longer.

What did I miss?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Well I guess that's one lovely wizard they don't have to worry about killing.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
If they do revive her they’ll either have her over a barrel OR she’ll immediately try and kill them at least. Speak with dead first probably.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I always pick the worst time to get a shower, I thought the poetry would last longer.

What did I miss?

1) Ves had the same tattoos Molly did
2) That scrying session on Molly was when he was in Ves' room
3) Oh and he murdered the gently caress out of her and took anything of value

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nemo2342 posted:

1) Ves had the same tattoos Molly did
2) That scrying session on Molly was when he was in Ves' room
3) Oh and he murdered the gently caress out of her and took anything of value

I...thought #2 was obvious from Molly's dialogue and just kind of assumed #3, lol.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Nemo2342 posted:

Well I guess that's one lovely wizard they don't have to worry about killing.

Caleb gonna take the newly open position of Archmage of Antiquity.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I'm the one who did it.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
The Somnovum? The Sleeping Nine?

We got ourselves an Anti-Mighty Nien on our hands.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I...thought #2 was obvious from Molly's dialogue and just kind of assumed #3, lol.

The cast didn't put it together until they saw the crime scene, so I figured it was best to list it.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Are we gonna have a Weekend at DeRogna's situation here?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Sam might really kill this guide rather than pay him at the end.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
What did you DO? What did you MAKE?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
That's a very good point; Ves might have been dead by the time dinner started.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

wow. so that was some wild poo poo huh?

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!
I don't really understand how they think they will get away with not bringing her back from the dead. They should have done that immediately after speaking with her corpse.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

I thought that would just be another goofy set up episode to get them on the adventure, but nope! They probably have to use Raise Dead to get across that mile wide river of fire because I don't think Caleb can do it all.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Caleb and Jester can both polymorph. I'm sure they can find some combination of flying creatures that can get them all a mile as the roc flies. As far as what they do with Vess they are basically at the mercy of how convenient the rest of the assembly finds her death.

They could make up a story about her messing with some nasty pre-calamity magic tech and getting vaporized or falling in a pitched battle with the tomb takers, but it all depends on how much the rest of the assembly wants to push it, and if they bust out truth magic.

I can totally see them not buying the nein's story one bit but going along with it anyway because it gets rid of an enemy of theirs.

This could also be a "favor" that lets Trent get his hooks further into Caleb.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yeah, I feel like this could easily end up with Caleb getting the archmage of antiquity spot, and it'd be interesting to see where things go from there and what he and the Nein would do with the extra resources that being an assembly member would provide.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Abx0r posted:

I don't really understand how they think they will get away with not bringing her back from the dead. They should have done that immediately after speaking with her corpse.

They're not really under any obligation to bring her back; they didn't kill her and there's not really an easy way (though I could be wrong) for someone else to call up her soul to ask her what happened.

Plus after talking to her they learned 1) she wasn't very upfront about the crap Molly was up to, 2) she's neck deep in this weird 9 eyes stuff, 3) she hosed over the last group working with her. If I were them I wouldn't be chomping at the bit to bring her back either.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

I feel like they had a pretty good path through all this by saying "yeah, we were hired to guard her on the trip to the site, not in the cerberus assembly base, surrounded by dozens of cerberus assembly guards"

I mean, they absolutely should have taken bodyguard duties much more seriously, but there was a real path to shifting the blame to the local security before they decided to lie to everyone.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Abx0r posted:

Neither cleric had Resurrection prepared. I guess they could have waited out the day, but there's a much better conversation to have if it's even a smart idea now.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Gangringo posted:

I feel like they had a pretty good path through all this by saying "yeah, we were hired to guard her on the trip to the site, not in the cerberus assembly base, surrounded by dozens of cerberus assembly guards"

I mean, they absolutely should have taken bodyguard duties much more seriously, but there was a real path to shifting the blame to the local security before they decided to lie to everyone.

I don't think the issue was being blamed for the death, I think the issue was that they're sitting in the middle of a Cerebus Assembly town and the only person who could vouch for them (as well as the person footing the bills) is now a corpse.

Also from a slightly more metagame perspective, if they want to chase after Molly they don't want to spend time getting tangled up with anyone over Vess' death.

Honestly, for now this is kind of the best thing for them. Whatever they do/find up here is no longer getting reported to the Cerebus Assembly/Empire, so they can make their own decision as far as who to get involved with it.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So just to get things clear - is their guide in a wheelchair? I wasn't really paying attention at the beginning of the episode and didn't really pay attention till toward the end when he was getting the description for how pimped his ride was.

I do kind of have to laugh. Nobody at all thought to go check on DeRogna immediately after the Scry? That was my first thought when Lucien started narrating his escape out the window talking about how she led him to them. She even told it to the others and they all basically did the "This is fine" dog meme.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I'm starting to think that every member of the Cerberus Assembly is part of a completely independent evil conspiracy.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

DeathSandwich posted:

So just to get things clear - is their guide in a wheelchair? I wasn't really paying attention at the beginning of the episode and didn't really pay attention till toward the end when he was getting the description for how pimped his ride was.

I do kind of have to laugh. Nobody at all thought to go check on DeRogna immediately after the Scry? That was my first thought when Lucien started narrating his escape out the window talking about how she led him to them. She even told it to the others and they all basically did the "This is fine" dog meme.

Yeah, hes in a wheelchair. He hinted at it being somewhat enchanted to deal with rough terrain and whatnot so i guess we'll see the extent next week

I didnt put your spoiler together straight away, just at the start of the next day

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

I imagine Lucien leaping from the window, and leaving intentionally easy to follow footprints into a trap set by the Tomb Takers, and hiding, giggling to himself, sure that they are hot on his heels. Three hours of waiting in the cold later they just give up and feel kind of disappointed.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Yeah, hes in a wheelchair. He hinted at it being somewhat enchanted to deal with rough terrain and whatnot so i guess we'll see the extent next week

I didnt put your spoiler together straight away, just at the start of the next day

They are going to get to a cliff face they have to climb, and he's just going to roll up it like a wheelchair spider, isn't he?

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
Oh neat, a public display of those Combat Wheelchair rules

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Here’s the inspiration and a cool pic of the wheelchair

https://twitter.com/matthewmercer/status/1322009169130524673?s=21

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Archmage of Antiquities is the Defense Against the Dark Arts position. The last person to hold it before Vess was Delilah Briarwood.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Antifa Spacemarine posted:

Archmage of Antiquities is the Defense Against the Dark Arts position. The last person to hold it before Vess was Delilah Briarwood.

plenty of time for Essek to accept it before we move to the final act where he's the bad guy (again)

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

eke out posted:

plenty of time for Essek to accept it before we move to the final act where he's the bad guy (again)

We should call him up and let him know that there's been an opening.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I also get the vibe that if you're in the Assembly as a full top-tier member, no matter how you die nobody's going to want to bring you back. If you died it's your own stupid fault, bring in the new blood for us to conspire and scheme with.

Vess being dead is a problem in the settlement they're about to leave, and they lose their big fat payday if they don't bring her back, but I don't think it'll ruffle any feathers with the Assembly in general. Still, bringing her back at some point in the mansion/tower so they can put her in a Zone of Truth/have Beau punch her/cast dominate person on her and get the full lowdown on what's actually going down isn't a bad idea at all. Make sure she has no arcane casting stuff on her and bring her back with 1 hp, tie her down to a chair, and have two people that can cast counterspell in the room, and that should give her basically no chance of getting away, and then they can decide if they want to kill her again or work with her. If they're morally okay with killing her if they think they have to, then the full lowdown on what the hell Vess, Molly, and what's up with the Nine Eyes is one expensive diamond and set of smart preparations away.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

NowonSA posted:

I also get the vibe that if you're in the Assembly as a full top-tier member, no matter how you die nobody's going to want to bring you back. If you died it's your own stupid fault, bring in the new blood for us to conspire and scheme with.

Vess being dead is a problem in the settlement they're about to leave, and they lose their big fat payday if they don't bring her back, but I don't think it'll ruffle any feathers with the Assembly in general. Still, bringing her back at some point in the mansion/tower so they can put her in a Zone of Truth/have Beau punch her/cast dominate person on her and get the full lowdown on what's actually going down isn't a bad idea at all. Make sure she has no arcane casting stuff on her and bring her back with 1 hp, tie her down to a chair, and have two people that can cast counterspell in the room, and that should give her basically no chance of getting away, and then they can decide if they want to kill her again or work with her. If they're morally okay with killing her if they think they have to, then the full lowdown on what the hell Vess, Molly, and what's up with the Nine Eyes is one expensive diamond and set of smart preparations away.

I guess with homebrew rez rules, Matt could always stop this by saying she doesn't want to come back, but with someone like that, no matter what the circumstances, she'd think that she could get the upper hand and come out ahead and it'd be worth trying.

Also, I think the Assembly would care even less when they learn that she's a loving cultist to whatever the hell is going on here, since the cult's goals are almost certainly incompatible with the Assembly remaining in power as top dogs on the continent.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

eke out posted:

I guess with homebrew rez rules, Matt could always stop this by saying she doesn't want to come back, but with someone like that, no matter what the circumstances, she'd think that she could get the upper hand and come out ahead and it'd be worth trying.

Also, I think the Assembly would care even less when they learn that she's a loving cultist to whatever the hell is going on here, since the cult's goals are almost certainly incompatible with the Assembly remaining in power as top dogs on the continent.

the soul can choose not to return, thats not a house rule

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Not really sure how this literal supervillain decides “nah I’m good,” though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

the soul can choose not to return, thats not a house rule

oh yeah i forgot that wasn't matts thing. but also this:

Deuce posted:

Not really sure how this literal supervillain decides “nah I’m good,” though.

she seems like the type who'd take any chance at another shot