Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
OH MY GOD WHAT

this is some mortal kombat poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

:stare:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Mighty Murder Hobos

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

They really need to get Beau actually painless poisons. Or tranqs.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Critical Role: We're the bad guys.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
We are the baddies!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Remember: the original plan was to not hurt anybody.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
The chaos energy is strong tonight

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Crazy Ted posted:

Remember: the original plan was to not hurt anybody.

It’s a black op now. No living witnesses.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
Theory: Astrid fully expected this and intends to capitalize on it.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

"If you like murder, go to Dwarvenforge!"

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Arcsech posted:

It’s a black op now. No living witnesses.

Living witnesses?? They're not even going to leave enough to identify the dead.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Jetrauben posted:

Theory: Astrid fully expected this and intends to capitalize on it.

1,000%. See, they were clearly intent on killing more members of the assembly, look what they did to the guards!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Arcsech posted:

1,000%. See, they were clearly intent on killing more members of the assembly, look what they did to the guards!

Or it's a way to get Trent somewhere out of the way.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

All that murderin' and they can't even get to where they wanted to go to begin with.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

This whole episode is basically Metal Gear: Mighty Nein

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
Started out the heist sequence from Ocean's Eleven; ended up the street shootout from Heat.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

ahahahhahaha fuckkkkk

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
Well.

That could have gone better.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Well so much for your best laid plans!

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

This is amazing, it's everything I hoped for.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
I'm genuinely extremely worried about this turn of events!

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
So, everyone excited for Campaign 3?

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Astrid specifically told them to go during the day because Trent wouldn't be there. Guess it's still possible he was contacted and teleported in, but hmmmmmm.

Anyway, I doubt the next session is starting with an initiative roll unless they attack Trent first. More likely Trent's gonna force Caleb into a deal with the devil type scenario to work for him if he wants to get out alive.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

pain.jpg

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011

Mylan posted:

Astrid specifically told them to go during the day because Trent wouldn't be there. Guess it's still possible he was contacted and teleported in, but hmmmmmm.

Anyway, I doubt the next session is starting with an initiative roll unless they attack Trent first. More likely Trent's gonna force Caleb into a deal with the devil type scenario to work for him if he wants to get out alive.

Oh yeah, absolutely. Caleb's actually got a pretty good bargaining position - he can offer to teach dunamancy, for one thing, and Trent just does not give a gently caress about his subordinates. He can also bargain with the news of what's going down in Aeor. It's also actually a pretty bad spot for a mage showdown - it's pretty tight quarters, and Trent's basically got nowhere to maneuver or dodge.

I'm actually kind of excited assuming everyone plays it smart.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Jetrauben posted:

assuming everyone plays it smart.

That seems less likely than a successful divine intervention roll.

Also I'm glad Marisha wasn't the first one to kill a guard. I had a bad feeling that was going to be another toxic community moment with everyone making GBS threads on her for doing something dumb.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Jetrauben posted:

Oh yeah, absolutely. Caleb's actually got a pretty good bargaining position - he can offer to teach dunamancy, for one thing, and Trent just does not give a gently caress about his subordinates. He can also bargain with the news of what's going down in Aeor. It's also actually a pretty bad spot for a mage showdown - it's pretty tight quarters, and Trent's basically got nowhere to maneuver or dodge.

I'm actually kind of excited assuming everyone plays it smart.

I doubt he needs room to maneuver. It's his home turf, and he can call in a lot of help if he wants to. If he's a decently smart wizard the whole place is set up to help him/hurt anyone he doesn't want in there so this is the exact situation you don't want to catch a wizard in.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Mylan posted:

That seems less likely than a successful divine intervention roll.

Also I'm glad Marisha wasn't the first one to kill a guard. I had a bad feeling that was going to be another toxic community moment with everyone making GBS threads on her for doing something dumb.

I never have the chat open anymore, but I already know they were giving her poo poo for a) existing b) the previous episode date c) thinking she was gonna kill the guard d) not killing the guard and e) killing the guard.

DaiJiaTeng
Oct 26, 2010
While I doubt it will happen, I really do wonder what half the party getting offed would do for the story. At this point, it seems difficult to think of a way to introduce three new characters who would have the same amount of investment in the current goals of the group, but I imagine they could think of something.

Can characters be revived without corpses, or is it pretty much goodbye?

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

DaiJiaTeng posted:

While I doubt it will happen, I really do wonder what half the party getting offed would do for the story. At this point, it seems difficult to think of a way to introduce three new characters who would have the same amount of investment in the current goals of the group, but I imagine they could think of something.

Can characters be revived without corpses, or is it pretty much goodbye?

They can with the 9th level spell True Resurrection, which requires a 17th level Cleric or Druid

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

I went to bed while they were outside the sanitorium

Time to take a big sip of coffee and see what happened last night:

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Veth's greed is gonna kill Jester and I'm never gonna forgive Sam Reigel.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I never have the chat open anymore, but I already know they were giving her poo poo for a) existing b) the previous episode date c) thinking she was gonna kill the guard d) not killing the guard and e) killing the guard.

I don’t understand. You claim you didn’t have the chat open, yet somehow you knew exactly what was happening in it??

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Is the Twitch chat subscribers only? I wonder if that would help with reducing the number of idiots commenting.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

PetraCore posted:

They really need to get Beau actually painless poisons. Or tranqs.

One of the things I like about Cyberpunk 2020/RED is that they actually have grapple rules that work for sneaking up on someone and putting them in a sleeper hold to knock them out. With D&D it's like "Techinically it's just a grapple and the damage you do is just punching them in the back of the head" and the like. It's not a system that really works with aggressive stealth

Granted, I do want to see what someone can do with the Fighter's Unarmed fighting style that ups unarmed damage to a D8 and you get a free d4 damage dice every turn against a creature you have grappled. It gives you a meathead type of brawler to contrast to monks being more lean dex-y kung fu fighters. One of my 5e Character concepts is a Unarmed Fighter main with maybe a little bit of barbarian for Rage/Con->AC who exists somewhere between Kazuma Kiryu and Zangeif.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Hulk Smash! posted:

Is the Twitch chat subscribers only? I wonder if that would help with reducing the number of idiots commenting.

It isn’t I don’t think? It would probably cut down on the amount of nonsense, but every session there seems to be a shocking number of people who watch and subscribe to CR and then appear to have nothing but complaints in chat/on Reddit.

And I get it, it’s chat, and people are free to express themselves and offer criticism, it just seems like there are some folks who get really down on the show for insignificant poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Call me old but I don't understand the point of streamer chats. For the larger ones it's just a loving deluge of comments and emoticons. It's like if someone were to transcribe all the conversations in an auditorium in real time. How does anyone actually read that poo poo?