Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Welcome to Disney XD Everyone!

This is the worst spy movie dialog ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

This episode is turning out to be a lot cuter than I expected.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

TV IV Critical Role (on Twitch/Youtube, yes) - I'm worthless without alcohol, thank you for pointing that out

Really want a coco-no-no right now.

Also, wondering how much that opening natural 20 counterspell ruined whatever Matt had planned out for this episode.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

"I miss hugs....and getting accidentally backhanded by Marisha two or three times every episode"

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

And this is how Sam plays Scanlan for the endgame.

[/jokes]

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

So, how hard is Sam going to try to get Veth killed on this One Last Job?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I been ballin' so damn hard I swear I think that I'm Coby

Yezza

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Paracaidas posted:

And this is how Sam plays Scanlan for the endgame.

[/jokes]

An episode of tearful goodbyes as Veth walks off into the sunset with her family. The remaining Nein head to the nearest tavern to drown their sorrows when....they hear a voice call out, "you there! you lot!"

edit: followed by, "you, little horn girl, what's your name?"

AJA fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 5, 2021

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

AJA posted:

An episode of tearful goodbyes as Veth walks off into the sunset with her family. The remaining Nein head to the nearest tavern to drown their sorrows when....they hear a voice call out, "you there! you lot!"

Sam stares right at Marisha and says "You?!? You aren't even wearing any armor! What purpose could you possibly serve?!?"

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

It was a bad call.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

AJA posted:

"A cleric? Oh good, a team always needs healing. My wife's a healer! The most valuable thing a cleric can do."

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

oh my god jester talking to the charmed guard actually hosed them.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

GO INTO THE HAPPY FUNBAAAAAAALLL

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

takin' my child to the hell plane.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

lol players should definitely gamble on Matt not torturing or killing a literal kid. and leave Yezza here.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Matt's face owns.

Matt is enjoying this so much

Dexo fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 5, 2021

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

"Why don't we just talk to them? No?....Ookay"

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

How does time work!!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

family members will be safer in the Ball.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Wentworth (Wensforth, apparently, no matter how apt Prison Break may end up being to his fate) and Yussa both gonna die

Paracaidas fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 5, 2021

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Yussa is so hosed due to this haha

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Welcome to Disney XD Everyone!

Paracaidas posted:

Wentworth and Yussa both gonna die

We'll see how it pans out

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hey they'll finally get the treasure from that Dragon lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

oh man. If they get sent to the Plane of Fire.

Senokir they are definitely gonna meet from Season 1

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

eke out posted:

astrid knew that she had disappeared and implied she knew the m9 probably were responsible, right? not surprising trent has the same info

It was more than that right? They actually had agents tailing them? They just lost them when they flew over the mountains? I thought I remember something like that happening.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I don't think so. Didn't it sound like Trent didn't know about who killed her.

Trent just said, you don't have to worry about DeRogna anymore.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

sooo

do any of them actually know how to plane shift back if they recover spell slots?

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Dexo posted:

oh man. If they get sent to the Plane of Fire.

Senokir they are definitely gonna meet from Season 1

I mean its probs a bad call to go to a city were they're likely to get enslaved within minutes of entering but the Mighty Nein does tend to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire a lot.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Joey McChrist posted:

sooo

do any of them actually know how to plane shift back if they recover spell slots?

Yeah, Caleb/Jester/Cad can planeshift after a long rest.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

The rules of the game are impenetrable and the result is always contested.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

oh my god jester talking to the charmed guard actually hosed them.

I love when these goofballs set up a Patented Colville Screw

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Dragonstoned posted:

I mean its probs a bad call to go to a city were they're likely to get enslaved within minutes of entering but the Mighty Nein does tend to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire a lot.
Actually it's more like jumping out of a frying pan, and then into another frying pan, and then into another frying pan, and then into a hot-oiled wok, and then into a deep fryer, and then into a pressure cooker, and then into a forge furnace.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Crazy Ted posted:

Actually it's more like jumping out of a frying pan, and then into another frying pan, and then into another frying pan, and then into a hot-oiled wok, and then into a deep fryer, and then into a pressure cooker, and then into a forge furnace.

There should be a volcano in there somewhere as well

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Overlord K posted:

Yussa is so hosed due to this haha

I'm positive he'll be fine. He's got plausible deniability because he was doing weird Astral projection stuff and didn't know they were there. Plus Trent and his hit squad like to keep a low profile, and killing, capturing, or otherwise harming a guy with some major connections to various mages and political groups is both a high-profile thing to do and not worth the hassle that would result.

It would have been an interesting dynamic if they woke him up, told him the Assembly was after them, and then when they rolled up on his doorstep he was just like "Lol no, gently caress off" and slammed the door on them. I imagine that's more or less how that would've played out, but that also seems like that path would have resulted in them burning literally all the credit and friendship they had with him, whereas this probably just burned ~most of it.

Anyway, upside for the party is that being on a different plane means no one scrying on them for awhile and Trent should have no clue where they're at, or where they will be going, unless he's gone full "I know how magic works and have no morals" and has like 10 decently leveled clerics locked up somewhere so that he can ask loads of yes/no commune questions on demand.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Chomsky Boi

Gods dammit. This entire thing is a fiasco.

Just kill the loving eldritch abomination and then kill your shithead mentor, toppling the empire. Don't try and do both at once and certainly don't do it midway though doing one you have to stop and do the other. Why are you murdering all of the people in here "well we can hide from getting scryed on... sometimes, maybe". Just accept that you aren't going to have every advantage, show up and kick the poo poo out of Lucien/ the Somnovum.