Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Sam is telling a story of when he and an entire voice actor studio smoked up with Snoop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
This has been my favorite episode of AWNP.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Some out of context quotes:

"She was an anal sniper."

"We got to second base with a goat."

"I'm waiting for Travis to burst through the wall like the Kool-aid man."

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
For those of us unable to catch the Twitch broadcast, here's Goat Yoga on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SizPQqu3-GA

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Tonight's Between the Sheets interview with Marisha Ray is very good but there is a content warning for extensive discussion of sexual assault and harassment on it and it is a warning you should take very seriously.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Do they rebroadcast those episodes or do I need to wait until Wednesday/Thursday for the youtube?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
They don't rebroadcast stuff on the critical role twitch, sadly, so that's it until they go up on youtube or you subscribe, which I can understand since it's not the big Geek 'n Sundry channel and they're trying to build it up into it's own thing, properly.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
On the flip side, they upload everything to the youtube channel.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

CuwiKhons posted:

Eh, that didn't bother me so much. It was pretty apparent the Yuan-ti Abomination was absolutely going to kill Beau if Nott hadn't finished it off. The Hydra isn't going to stop and eat her while there's people elsewhere in the room hitting it.

That's my take on it too, I mean we won't know for sure since it was prevented but if Matt pulled the trigger there that's a clear sign he's not pulling punches. If the spell slots were there it might have been avoided even in the worst case scenario, but people seemed pretty tapped by then.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

NowonSA posted:

That's my take on it too, I mean we won't know for sure since it was prevented but if Matt pulled the trigger there that's a clear sign he's not pulling punches. If the spell slots were there it might have been avoided even in the worst case scenario, but people seemed pretty tapped by then.

I think Jester still had her pearl. (which, now that I think about it, is very much a "sorry you have to take Revivify" item)

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Cheston posted:

I think Jester still had her pearl. (which, now that I think about it, is very much a "sorry you have to take Revivify" item)

Revivify is an obnoxious spell. It's extremely limited, a dead slot at a relatively high level, comparatively expensive, and utterly essential. Frankly the only spell of its type that's worse is Reincarnate, which even though you can use it for shenanigans basically takes over the character to cast it on.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

I don't prep revivify on my cleric, generally. It isn't a good use of that slot. Instead I prepare Gentle Repose, and that's what stung the most with Molly's death. The only person who could have had that ready was cleric-napped.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6UxCDopt-U

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Thanks for posting, I'm only like 5 minutesin but the audio seems to keep cutting. This happening for anyone else?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

This interview is so drat good.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Oh boy this oneshot is gonna be something. :allears:

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Harry Potter Breakfast Club, amazing.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

"Did anyone on this table equip armor?" "No"

Can't believe all of them will die in the first encounter.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Laura has no idea how to tune a combat encounter and I absolutely love it. She's gonna TPK these dumb boys.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

CuwiKhons posted:

Laura has no idea how to tune a combat encounter and I absolutely love it. She's gonna TPK these dumb boys.

Tuning combat has always been the part that scares me the most about DnD. That's the main reason I haven't actually DM any game even if I've had a few chances to.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Adnor posted:

Tuning combat has always been the part that scares me the most about DnD. That's the main reason I haven't actually DM any game even if I've had a few chances to.

If you're playing 5e, use this. You'll still need to check out the actual monster stats if you want to avoid, say, accidentally murdering the party with a cohort of Intellect Devourers, but this can at least let you quickly generate combat encounters with some level of control over how easy or hard the fight will be.

Eventually you might want to go in directions this site doesn't allow, but for first-time DMing it should suit your needs. As a general rule, the more enemies there are, the harder the fight will be. Letting your party go toe-to-toe with a single, powerful enemy sounds like it'll be awesome, but I can guarantee you that it will almost always be a disappointment. Better to send them against a slightly-weaker boss with some weaker underlings to make things more interesting.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

CuwiKhons posted:

I think she tuned it well by having almost half of them decide to just screw around until they were attacked. Each of them could only take one good hit too. Also they weren't as threatening since they spread out, nothing much is scarier than fighting stuff that fights like DnD parties typically do where they focus on one target at a time and then move on to the next one.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

"This is the most complicated fight I have ever seen"

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

That last fight's gimmick could work really well with an experienced group of players and by laying out slightly stricter rules. Grease was a super clever move with going prone resulting in a piece's removal .

Of course, nothing tops No Game No Life when it comes to completely crazy chess, but this came pretty close at times.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Yeah, Laura and everyone did great tonight. That was a fun one-shot.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

Adnor posted:

Always remember that as the DM, you have the power to just decide if something doesn't hit or even if it dies early.

Edit: I'm sad we didn't get to see Matt play a Wizard.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CeallaSo posted:

If you're playing 5e, use this. You'll still need to check out the actual monster stats if you want to avoid, say, accidentally murdering the party with a cohort of Intellect Devourers, but this can at least let you quickly generate combat encounters with some level of control over how easy or hard the fight will be.

Eventually you might want to go in directions this site doesn't allow, but for first-time DMing it should suit your needs. As a general rule, the more enemies there are, the harder the fight will be. Letting your party go toe-to-toe with a single, powerful enemy sounds like it'll be awesome, but I can guarantee you that it will almost always be a disappointment. Better to send them against a slightly-weaker boss with some weaker underlings to make things more interesting.

Yeah, that's why Matt always makes liberal use of Legendary and Lair actions when he's running a Big Bad. The action economy means with 7 players, an ancient dragon or beholder isn't nearly as deadly as you might think without the buff.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Dameius posted:

This interview is so drat good.

Don't steal people's joy man.
Poor girl.

Qonas
Apr 21, 2010
Marisha's interview just makes the choice of Beau as a character even more confusing. Everything Marisha speaks out against in the interview, Beau embodies. Physically in people's space at all times, physical and verbal sexual advances at all times (hands down the pants:rear end slappage), physically and mentally bullying (the dorm room door harassment:consistently using Caleb's backstory trust against him, the beating of Marius), refuses responsibility for her own actions. The only thing I can think of is that Marisha is just trying to show how obnoxious that behavior is and will be having Beau grow out of it, which Marisha's hinted at happening in various interviews/Talks. But then Beau has a noticeable fanbase, which given the character's actions to this point is very frightening.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Qonas posted:

Marisha's interview just makes the choice of Beau as a character even more confusing. Everything Marisha speaks out against in the interview, Beau embodies. Physically in people's space at all times, physical and verbal sexual advances at all times (hands down the pants:rear end slappage), physically and mentally bullying (the dorm room door harassment:consistently using Caleb's backstory trust against him, the beating of Marius), refuses responsibility for her own actions. The only thing I can think of is that Marisha is just trying to show how obnoxious that behavior is and will be having Beau grow out of it, which Marisha's hinted at happening in various interviews/Talks. But then Beau has a noticeable fanbase, which given the character's actions to this point is very frightening.

Maybe she's just interested in playing a character whose behaviours and motivations aren't her own? I think Beau is an interesting character even if she's an rear end in a top hat, and that can be a really fun thing to explore as an actor

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just watched the final Vecna fight. That was amazing.....just amazing

You could see Sam's heart break when he had to spend his 9th slot to counterspell

Raged fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 30, 2018

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Raged posted:

Just watched the final Vecna fight. That was amazing.....just amazing

You could see Sam's heart break when he had to spend his 9th slot to counterspell

You hosed up your spoiler quotes friend. But yeah. That fight gives me the feels.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Qonas posted:

You are aware that women are generally not allowed to be assholes in fiction and the presentation of a female antihero who is basically an rear end in a top hat but within the context of an exaggerated cartoon can be liberating for a lot of women, right?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Jetrauben posted:

You are aware that women are generally not allowed to be assholes in fiction and the presentation of a female antihero who is basically an rear end in a top hat but within the context of an exaggerated cartoon can be liberating for a lot of women, right?

There's also the part where he's wildly mischaracterizing Beau's behavior, such as blaming her for the treatment of Marius as though the entire party wasn't involved in that debacle, or that she's somehow mistreating Caleb for calling him out on his lovely behavior when she specifically made a deal with him for them to both call each other out on their behavior because Beau is perfectly aware of the fact that sometimes she's an rear end in a top hat and Caleb's the only one not holding up his end of that bargain because he has a dubious understanding of what counts as poor behavior.

Don't bother arguing with him about it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

CuwiKhons posted:

There's also the part where he's wildly mischaracterizing Beau's behavior, such as blaming her for the treatment of Marius as though the entire party wasn't involved in that debacle, or that she's somehow mistreating Caleb for calling him out on his lovely behavior when she specifically made a deal with him for them to both call each other out on their behavior because Beau is perfectly aware of the fact that sometimes she's an rear end in a top hat and Caleb's the only one not holding up his end of that bargain because he has a dubious understanding of what counts as poor behavior.

Don't bother arguing with him about it.

i like the part where it is frightening that people like this character lol. then again this person's first comment here was asking if it's a hugbox like reddit, where they'd already been banned for complaining about Beau too much

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Wow a bruiser type character is brash, up front and in people's faces!

This is... problematic.

Or something.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Caleb openly threatened to torture Marius for information and terrified the hell out of him but sure, Beau's a terrible person and the worst person in the party and it's totally not wildly offensive to compare Marisha's character to a man who sexually assaulted her as a teenager.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Guys don't you see, they're all assholes.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

I love my new party of Assholes.

Every Thursday it's like a fantasy version of It's Always Sunny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Isn't she literally playing a monk subclass that beats on people to get the truth out of them