Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Nemo2342 posted:

Holy poo poo this is a lot of shots. That was what, number 6?
Joel said it was "at least" number 5 or 6 :laffo:

EVEN MORE SHOTS!

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Crazy Ted posted:

Joel said it was "at least" number 5 or 6 :laffo:

EVEN MORE SHOTS!

We raised 11.3 million, but sadly 11 million of that was spent on doing shots with Joel.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I kind of hope exactly three more people will finish making their pledges so there will be exactly 88,888 backers.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I hit "post" once but then this happened.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I kind of hope exactly three more people will finish making their pledges so there will be exactly 88,888 backers.

drat, one away from the A E S T H E T I C

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I had to watch Ashley roast Sam at the beginning of episode 58 again because it’s just that awesome. I’ve been salty on here before about how awkward it is when other people control Yasha in Ashley’s absence but goddamn does she know how to steal the show when she’s back.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

ROFL Octopus posted:

I had to watch Ashley roast Sam at the beginning of episode 58 again because it’s just that awesome. I’ve been salty on here before about how awkward it is when other people control Yasha in Ashley’s absence but goddamn does she know how to steal the show when she’s back.

Ashley seemed to be in good form last episode.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Sam staring at his hands in shock when she started in on them was also a great way to enhance the bit, and I can't tell if it was planned or Sam just going along.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/86thfloor/status/1119594377918189568?s=21

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Critical Role is the only show where you go through super emotional sad cry arcs and also enjoy something so infantile as a dramatic diarrhea improv.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Deep Speech is a really weird language for Beau to know. I'm curious if there's a backstory reason beyond the standard Cobalt Soul stuff.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Patrovsky posted:

Deep Speech is a really weird language for Beau to know. I'm curious if there's a backstory reason beyond the standard Cobalt Soul stuff.

She is secretly Clarota's daughter.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

She is secretly Clarota's daughter.

Headcanon accepted.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Patrovsky posted:

Sometimes languages are called "tongues" in archaic parlance.

You are Beau. You see a book with the title "Master Deep Tongue in 30 Days." Solve for X.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Popo posted:

Sometimes languages are called "tongues" in archaic parlance.

You are Beau. You see a book with the title "Master Deep Tongue in 30 Days." Solve for X.

I can absolutely see that happening :D

Qonas
Apr 21, 2010
https://www.webbyawards.com/winners/2019/video/video-series-channels/games/critical-role/

I do believe this is their first official 'award'. But really this is notable because it lists the actual job titles in their company. There was that news article previously that outed Travis as the CEO, and it looks like Creative Director is an official thing, but I don't think there was anything out there that listed Matt in the role of CCO, which I think is Chief Commercial/Commerce Officer?

Either way very illuminating and of course kudos to the cast!

Qonas fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 23, 2019

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Not sure how long it's been there, but as with many company websites you can find a list of team members at the bottom of the page:

https://critrole.com/team/

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Qonas posted:

https://www.webbyawards.com/winners/2019/video/video-series-channels/games/critical-role/

I do believe this is their first official 'award'. But really this is notable because it lists the actual job titles in their company. There was that news article previously that outed Travis as the CEO, and it looks like Creative Director is an official thing, but I don't think there was anything out there that listed Matt in the role of CCO, which I think is Chief Commercial/Commerce Officer?

Either way very illuminating and of course kudos to the cast!

Could also be Chief Creative Officer. A lot of companies in the arts have a post like that.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
CCO is Creepy Chair Originator. Golly gosh guys, it's not hard to google this stuff.

Also, finally watching 59 and I'm loving Caleb insisting "I know we're mates now but we could totally take those giants!" Calm down, killer! We know you're a scary hard man.

EDIT
Oh poo poo

https://twitter.com/CriticalRole/status/1120833243748560897

Popo fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 24, 2019

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
edit: goddamit Popo

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Holy Weapon on Beau's fists was a kickass move from Caduceus. 87 points of damage from four punches is baller.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Patrovsky posted:

Holy Weapon on Beau's fists was a kickass move from Caduceus. 87 points of damage from four punches is baller.

Did she activate her electric fists?

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Popo posted:

CCO is Creepy Chair Originator. Golly gosh guys, it's not hard to google this stuff.

Also, finally watching 59 and I'm loving Caleb insisting "I know we're mates now but we could totally take those giants!" Calm down, killer! We know you're a scary hard man.

EDIT
Oh poo poo

https://twitter.com/CriticalRole/status/1120833243748560897

Travis' response is great: https://twitter.com/WillingBlam/status/1120835004743831552

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

I finally get to watch live!

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
I chose Critical Role over going to watch avengers
M9 are the heroes we deserve

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Oh my god Caleb

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

And Liam kills another NPC before talking to it.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Matt tearing up that sheet of paper was ice cold.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
They're gonna have to fuckin' bounce

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Everytime Caleb does anything:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Critical Role: The Gang Tries to Eat Donuts Without Angering the Sponsors

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

lightning punch!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Wait...you mean you should have the stats ready for the thing you want to polymorph something into and not just leave it up to the mind of the DM? :laugh:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

"Into a regular loving turtle"

This encounter is amazing.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Somewhere out there, there's a chair made out of blue wool...

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Yasha hype!!!!

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I'm really looking forward to the fanart of Fjord vs the giant snapping turtle.

FlavoFibe
Nov 9, 2015
I only just realized now that the carnival shenanigans from the first 2 episodes were related to all this rift opening business. The giant zombies seem to move and behave exactly the same way as the ones from the carnival.

Or am I crazy? Is this purely a Xorhas problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

FlavoFibe posted:

I only just realized now that the carnival shenanigans from the first 2 episodes were related to all this rift opening business. The giant zombies seem to move and behave exactly the same way as the ones from the carnival.

Or am I crazy? Is this purely a Xorhas problem?

Zombies gonna Zomb. I don’t think it’s a stretch that zombies move the same way. The fiend from the first couple of episodes was with the circus for a long while. He may have come in from a rift, but they didn’t set up rifts as they went.