Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm pretty sure this isnt even his first new level of Warlock after becoming a paladin

According to critrole stats:

Lvl 1-9: Warlock 1-9
Lvl 10: Warlock 9 Paladin 1
Lvl 11: Warlock 9 Paladin 2
Lvl 12: Warlock 10 Paladin 2
Lvl 13: Warlock 10 Paladin 3
Lvl 14: Warlock 11 Paladin 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Huge shout-out to Sam Riegel’s expert D&D trolling.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
The best part about doing fanservice stuff on this show is that the biggest fans are the players. A hint of getting to see Emon and they're perking up like my dog just saw a squirrel.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
So, they had found evidence that something Beacon-like was in Aeor, right?

What do you suppose happens to ten thousand souls sent to a beacon, all at once, that then gets dropped into the astral sea. Ten thousand souls with nowhere to go.

*marisha_charlie_day.jpg*

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

redbrouw posted:

One of my players did Word of Recall on the side of a mountain, outside a dragon's lair so they could try to loot more. But they were a cleric that had nothing to do with mountains and it didn't make any sense, so I had to call it null. So that's why I paid notice. Not much about a lighthouse overlooking an ocean really makes sense for the Wildmother, unless something else is at foot.

Well the lighthouse is carved in her image as I recall (no pun intended), so I think that helps in that regard. I'd buy Jester being able to set up Word of Recall anywhere since that's just how Artagan would roll, but setting it up in her room certainly flies with me.

I happened to have just read up on what a staff of power does before watching this episode, and man that's gonna be useful. Unless Caleb's kept in the anti-magic zone constantly and/or hounded by constant counterspells he's going to be an absolutely nightmare for Lucian and co to deal with.

I think it's likely that Yasha will end up being able to wield that Avenger, but it'd be hilarious if her and Fjord just traded weapons and he started swinging around a big ol greatsword that uses his charisma for attack/damage rolls instead of strength. I expect Matt will do more cool dream stuff to help Yasha down that path, though it'd be nice to see her seize the initiative as a player and actively seek out the potential to use it. I think even something as simple as stating to the DM that you're going to meditate or pray about the situation, or seek out an expert opinion (ask Yusa or the other party members about it for example) would go a long way.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Why would Travis be "punished" for taking a warlock level? As a hexblade, Fjord's pact is effectively with the Star Razor and the Wildmother at this point.

Seems like something Matt would do. He's been watching Travis use summon greater demon as well. And I don't mean punish in the strictest sense, but it sure seems like a trigger for the last bit of backstory he has to deal with.

Edit : I did not know that the lighthouse was for Melora, that's perfect. And Cad is totally going to retire there.

redbrouw fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 12, 2021

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

NowonSA posted:

it'd be hilarious if her and Fjord just traded weapons and he started swinging around a big ol greatsword that uses his charisma for attack/damage rolls instead of strength.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

redbrouw posted:

Seems like something Matt would do. He's been watching Travis use summon greater demon as well. And I don't mean punish in the strictest sense, but it sure seems like a trigger for the last bit of backstory he has to deal with.

Edit : I did not know that the lighthouse was for Melora, that's perfect. And Cad is totally going to retire there.

When was the last time Travis summoned a Demon? The only time I remember was when he did it on Avantica's ship. Ever since then Matt has been holding Travis to the material requirements which are incredibly specific (The blood of a humanoid killed in the last 24 hours).

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

DeathSandwich posted:

When was the last time Travis summoned a Demon? The only time I remember was when he did it on Avantica's ship. Ever since then Matt has been holding Travis to the material requirements which are incredibly specific (The blood of a humanoid killed in the last 24 hours).
Fighting the Laughing Hand. That's also when they figured out that Travis hadn't been doing the weird thing of stealing freshish blood all the time. Later on Talks, Matt said the Wildmother was paying close attention to his use of his Warlock magics, especially the Greater Demon spell. His whole set up is weird, anyway.

With regards to Nott's new spell: BHunters can remove resistance using a Blood Maledict as a reaction. I expect someone will use this if Lucien gets his hands on Caleb twice.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Guys my friend set me on this and ive been crushing through campaign 1 and its so loving good. finished ep 10 where they take on k'varn. Super amazing and vex/pike talking to the formorian in undercommon is freggin hilarious.

Orion snapping at Marissa about grabbing the horn was a definite mood killer. I feel like he's totally ruined everyones mood about killing k'varn. dude is a buzzkill

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

queeb posted:

Guys my friend set me on this and ive been crushing through campaign 1 and its so loving good. finished ep 10 where they take on k'varn. Super amazing and vex/pike talking to the formorian in undercommon is freggin hilarious.

Orion snapping at Marissa about grabbing the horn was a definite mood killer. I feel like he's totally ruined everyones mood about killing k'varn. dude is a buzzkill

You'll be happy to know that stops around episode 27.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Keru posted:

You'll be happy to know that stops around episode 27.

oh god 17 more to go.

everyone else is amazing though. Sam is my favorite I think, scanlan pulls off so much poo poo for a little bard.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
We generally tell people to just start around that episode because Orion is really, really bad.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

queeb posted:

The first 20 something episodes are what's generally considered the weaker part of campaign 1 so If you like it now just wait until it really gets going.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

redbrouw posted:

Haha, it's not your aesthetic. I can see Lucien saying that.

edit: can't believe Matt didn't bend the rules for Yasha and the Holy Avenger.

edit2: FEED THE WLW FANS, DO IT edit3: can Cad cast holy weapon on Beau so her fists are holy avengers? man that's so inappropriate, I'm turning into a tumblr site

What's "WLW" stand for, out of curiosity? I've seen it come up a few times in the last couple of pages.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

tsob posted:

What's "WLW" stand for, out of curiosity? I've seen it come up a few times in the last couple of pages.

Women who love women. Typically used as a blanket term for lesbians, bisexual, and pansexual female-identifying people.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Thanks. Now that you've told me I feel like maybe I asked the same question several months ago, and was informed then too. Which makes me feel extra stupid :blush:

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Why? Because you didn’t know something, and asked in the pursuit of learning? Doesn’t sound stupid to me. Or if you meant the repeat asking, it just means it’s not in common usage around you. Nothing to be ashamed of, unless you’re actively avoiding those areas.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

queeb posted:

oh god 17 more to go.

everyone else is amazing though. Sam is my favorite I think, scanlan pulls off so much poo poo for a little bard.

Unfortunately he has some other lovely moments before the end. Although the Kvarn fight always stands out in my mind as one of the worst.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I know there is a briarwood arc that is apparently really good, and that it involves percy, and matt namedropping the briarwoods in episode 14 and seeing talieisins face when its mentioned is real neat.

edit: gilmore is amazing

queeb fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 16, 2021

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

queeb posted:

I know there is a briarwood arc that is apparently really good, and that it involves percy, and matt namedropping the briarwoods in episode 14 and seeing talieisins face when its mentioned is real neat.

:shobon: I envy you.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i was gearing up to skip to ep 28 but im glad i didnt, as id miss gilmore and taliesins reaction. tiberius is making that a real struggle though. why did he go and buy another bag of holding? they like, get to the keep after escaping the underdark and he just peaces out to draconia.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I appreciate the "Hazy Shade of Winter" references when they were scrying on the threshold crest.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

queeb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34f3HNk2gTI

"When your GM reads your background".

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Lima posted:

Goddamn Matt and Taliesin look so much younger.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Too bad that Caleb didn't think to step outside Allura's Tower for a moment to pick up a stone for the Teleport spell. ... But then again, he might need to be killed in the near future anyway. Just stopping Lucian isn't going to be enough, it's slowly taking over Caleb and Beau. I think that they'll need to go to the Astral plane to destroy the city... somehow.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Too bad that Caleb didn't think to step outside Allura's Tower for a moment to pick up a stone for the Teleport spell. ... But then again, he might need to be killed in the near future anyway. Just stopping Lucian isn't going to be enough, it's slowly taking over Caleb and Beau. I think that they'll need to go to the Astral plane to destroy the city... somehow.

Yeah given Cad's dreams (Usually visions from Momma Earth) is his home turning into the City I don't think they're supposed to just stop Lucien and leave it locked up for the next rear end in a top hat to come roaming around. They have to stop this poo poo.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

queeb posted:

i was gearing up to skip to ep 28 but im glad i didnt, as id miss gilmore and taliesins reaction. tiberius is making that a real struggle though. why did he go and buy another bag of holding? they like, get to the keep after escaping the underdark and he just peaces out to draconia.

Yeah at this point just push through. The one thing I really appreciate about having done the full first arc is that I don’t miss any references that happen later in the campaign. No spoilers, but there’s definitely stuff that I think would be less impactful if I hadn’t watched those first 20-something episodes.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Warden posted:

2020 was a rough decade :(

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Lima posted:

It's also amazing that Ashley "I forget stuff" Johnson is the only one who noticed when it happened

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Lima posted:

I caught up to the Briarwood arch MOSTLY listening to this as a podcast ( Back in my day, you had to convert the Youtube videos to MP3 by hand :argh: now you damned kids have a podcast feed! ).

Seeing these moments after the fact is still fun, but I feel like I missed out on a lot of fun table stuff from the very beginning. Luckily I watched the episodes mostly from the Briarwood arc on.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Warden posted:

Nothing compared to beardless Travis.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Senjuro posted:

Nothing compared to beardless Travis.

For those who haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuP02PQpGqM

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao i did not know laura did an anime where she was a rapping schoolgirl

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Does this feel like maybe they’re entering the end stages of the campaign? They’re about the same level VM was when they took on the Chroma Conclave so maybe we see the reveal of whatever is behind Lucien and they get to deal with the major threat to the world. Maybe a plot to bring back the banished gods or something.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Funzo posted:

Does this feel like maybe they’re entering the end stages of the campaign? They’re about the same level VM was when they took on the Chroma Conclave so maybe we see the reveal of whatever is behind Lucien and they get to deal with the major threat to the world. Maybe a plot to bring back the banished gods or something.

yeah it feels like this could be the arc before the last arc, maybe?

they talked about how they were making characters for the third season in a Talks recently (sam is again playing the race/class liam told him to) but i also assume that happens like, many months in advance, considering how big critical role is at this point and how much advance planning any new game takes

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Funzo posted:

Yep. Been getting that feeling for a few episodes now. They've been streaming C2 longer than C1 at this point and I'm not sure Matt plans to go all the way to level 20 with this group.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm pretty sure Matt said that the characters will go as long as it's necessary to run the story he planned and not necessarily go to level 20 back at the start of the campaign.

Which, I don't really mind in theory, but I think I'd find slightly disappointing in this case because I really want to see Caleb specifically hit level 20 and get the kind of power he wanted at the start to mess with reality and see what he does with it, if he no longer cares about wanting to gently caress with the past or if he's willing to do so regardless of the cost etc.

That said, it does seem like Matt has set up elder God like brings as the endgame of multiple possible arcs and I don't really see how they could take on any such power at anything less than level 20.

tsob fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 17, 2021

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Although, could set up Caleb, the Master of Time, as the big bad of Campaign 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

oh man i have serous feels going on in ep 16 when pike finds the temple of sarenrae :(