Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Bankok posted:

I love the wackiness of Honey Heist. Marisha’s Brando was pretty drat funny.

I don't think any oneshot has everyone on camera crack up more than honey heist 1 and 2 do, Grog's is the only one that stands a chance. Might be recency bias there too I guess, Grog's certainly has some super big laugh moments, but certainly Marisha's the DM who laughs along with everyone else the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

Bankok posted:

Decompose: Rapidly decomposes the corpse over the next minute, sprouting fungus and moss as it begins to degrade into composted and mulch

And I highly recommend Honey Heist 2, it was pretty much completely off the rails from the start and completely hilarious.

I've never heard that before — Is that an actual 5E spell? Or just some off-the-cuff homebrew to nix any speculation?

Windyblade
Oct 17, 2005

I hope we're still friends after I taser you.
Matt mentioned on Twitter that it was homebrew but there was a spell in Pathfinder that was similar.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
You're forgetting the important part at the end where the effect of the spell does not inhibit resurrection spells.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Could still get a Winter Soldier plotline out of Molly later but it's pretty clear the party isn't going to resurrect Molly themselves. I think Taliesin using Decompose was just his way of saying a final goodbye to his old character and confirming he was done with Molly.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Also makes it that much more mindblowing if Molly does come back, which given his weird tattoos and emerging from a literal grave in the past I have to think is very much on the table. It seemed like a group of people thought he was a real big deal, seems like over time they might find the burial site and do some weird resurrection ritual on him.

I'm totally down with a beat-for-beat Winter Soldier story with him opposing the party down the line.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I didn't realize how much I had missed Travis and Laura until this last episode. Laura and Sam's interactions are always great and Travis is great with anyone.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Jester writing “why didn’t you come?” Into her sketchbook was heartbreaking. Also, I imagine lying to Cree will have some serious ramifications in the future. I assume she’s going to try to track “Lucian” through Molly’s blood, and will be very cross when she discovers he’s dead.

Beyond that I’ve been binging campaign 1 this past week and I’m now at episode 71. episode 64... woof. I’ve been outspoken in this thread about how annoying I found Orion and his character but man... Tiberius’ fate just seemed kind of... cruel? I mean, he was obnoxious but he didn’t deserve THAT.

Outside of that, I knew about Ripley’s trap and that Percy would die because I’m physically incapable of ignoring spoilers, but Kainen turning up again was a surprise I really appreciated, and I really like how he and Vax’s relationship develops in later episodes.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Oh god Vinny the Poo

edit: are the polar bears supposed to be incels?

Raged fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 13, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Raged posted:

Oh god Vinny the Poo

https://twitter.com/my2k/status/1028121044001861632

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Raged posted:

Oh god Vinny the Poo

I got the impression they were a play on both dumb frat bros and the joke that a lot environmental activists focus on "save the polar bears" when talking about global warming.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Raged posted:

Oh god Vinny the Poo

Watching the VOD now and Vinnie the Pooh is genuinely one of my favorite NPCs period.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Beyond that I’ve been binging campaign 1 this past week and I’m now at episode 71. episode 64... woof. I’ve been outspoken in this thread about how annoying I found Orion and his character but man... Tiberius’ fate just seemed kind of... cruel? I mean, he was obnoxious but he didn’t deserve THAT.

Going out in a freeze of glory "in valiant defense of his city" is probably one of Tiberius’ preferred ways of going. Matt and Orion discussed it. IMO it was perfect closure to the Orion/Tibs saga and it was never brought up again.

jk people still want him to make a guest appearance for some reason

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Travis and Laura on Talks right now and they're both super sleep deprived and it's beautiful :allears: Travis in particular has lost all sense of professionalism and is just stream of conscious-ing his little heart out, however appropriate it may be.

Also the baby is there!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

After all the flirting in the show and how they were talking about it on Talks I think it's inevitable that Fjord and Jester will be a proper couple in the near future, probably the first one of the group, and I'm all for it. There's something heartwarming to me about a real life couple carrying that over to their DnD characters, it seems like a fine reason to build upon their existing chemistry and turn it into fun scenes.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Really? I don't think Fjord is interested and I think Jester would be dead bored with him if he actually did give in. Not that Fjord's boring, I just think Jester's more interested in teasing him and the romantic ideal than an actual serious relationship. Both of them would have to change dramatically for that relationship to be a genuinely romantic one, in much the same way Beau and Yasha would have to have major changes for that to work. In both of those popular ships, one side needs to be interested in something other than the physical and the other side needs to be interested in romance at all.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Yeah this always seemed more Jester gets laughs out of playing chicken with Fjord and Fjord gets flustered and then Laura and Travis laugh.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dameius posted:

Yeah this always seemed more Jester gets laughs out of playing chicken with Fjord and Fjord gets flustered and then Laura and Travis laugh.

She might get inspired by her book about Oskar, though.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
They made it clear on Talks that the basis of that relationship is both of them using Disguise Self to make other people have sex with each other.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

CuwiKhons posted:

Really? I don't think Fjord is interested and I think Jester would be dead bored with him if he actually did give in. Not that Fjord's boring, I just think Jester's more interested in teasing him and the romantic ideal than an actual serious relationship. Both of them would have to change dramatically for that relationship to be a genuinely romantic one, in much the same way Beau and Yasha would have to have major changes for that to work. In both of those popular ships, one side needs to be interested in something other than the physical and the other side needs to be interested in romance at all.

Beau and Yasha isn't going to happen because Beau and Keg is where it's at. :v:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Sealing wax is different from candle wax because turpentine is used as a softening agent :hist101:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I love a visit to Pumat's.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Secrets

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

That was incredible.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

"WAIT I CAN TURN INVISIBLE!" I lost it there

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh my god :cry:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

For a downtime episode, that was an incredibly tense little encounter. Extremely my poo poo.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I was hoping that Matt was on the ball enough on the big fat pile of spells Jester had up to say that she manages to sneak away and hide on a natural 20 stealth role despite mirror images of herself being all around her. Also good on Laura for finding a good use for 6 seconds of invisibility there, it's nice to see a trickster cleric getting some love when it's rated as a very low-power domain as a build.

Pretty impressive how quickly that all escalated, and I like that the guards are subtly leveling up alongside the party by having more powerful options to subdue them than they've shown previously. You can even chalk it up in game as extra preparations and precautions being taken due to the Empire being at war, and if guards are tougher outside the empire you can just head-canon that hey, they happen to care more about having top-tier guards in place X than in the Empire.

Kind of makes me wish Matt had gone whole-hog with power-scaling guards in Vasselheim for a certain breakneck escape that went down there at a very high level.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Any particular reason why Ep. 31, a ~3 1/2 hours episode, is in two parts on G&S Twitch?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Hulk Smash! posted:

Any particular reason why Ep. 31, a ~3 1/2 hours episode, is in two parts on G&S Twitch?

The stream hiccuped and cut out for a few seconds in the middle of it. The VODs are just recordings of the streams, unedited.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Teddybear posted:

The stream hiccuped and cut out for a few seconds in the middle of it. The VODs are just recordings of the streams, unedited.

Ah, makes sense. Thanks.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
A dude on reddit got a CR tattoo and it's... eugh.

Ignoring the cringe factor of including the name of the show in the tattoo, the execution is just horrible.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Started in March this year and finally finished C1.

That was an amazing ride. Overall I much prefer the characters from C2 but there's some amazing moments and arcs in the first campaign. I doubt that there's anyone in here that is only watching C2 but if you haven't watched C1, you're missing out.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Hulk Smash! posted:

Started in March this year and finally finished C1.

That was an amazing ride. Overall I much prefer the characters from C2 but there's some amazing moments and arcs in the first campaign. I doubt that there's anyone in here that is only watching C2 but if you haven't watched C1, you're missing out.

Everytime I try to watch C1 I can't stand the bad audio quality. Is there an episode where it gets better?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I honestly wonder if there's a big difference between watching the show live (or at least week to week) versus going back and blitzing through it after it's been completed. Even if it takes you months to watch the whole thing, you're still spending less time with the characters and the story beats. You don't have to wait months to see if Scanlan's going to come back, you can just easily find that out.

Not to knock anything you said - I also think there was more thought put into the characters from C2 since they knew it'd be a long campaign instead of a oneshot and they're better for it. But I feel like I personally spent so much time with the C1 characters that I can't help but love them more than the C2 ones. At least so far.

Raged posted:

Everytime I try to watch C1 I can't stand the bad audio quality. Is there an episode where it gets better?

That's only for the first couple of episodes but frankly the entire first arc is skippable. The only thing of note that happens in the entire Underdark arc is meeting Kima and Orion just starting to show his true colors. Try jumping to episode 14 or so.

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 21, 2018

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Raged posted:

I started at Ep.28. Audio was bad for a bit then much, much better.

Then, towards the end, they decided to get lapel mics. That didn't work out so well.

Overall it's really hit and miss, yeah.

CuwiKhons posted:

I honestly wonder if there's a big difference between watching the show live (or at least week to week) versus going back and blitzing through it after it's been completed. Even if it takes you months to watch the whole thing, you're still spending less time with the characters and the story beats. You don't have to wait months to see if Scanlan's going to come back, you can just easily find that out.

Not to knock anything you said - I also think there was more thought put into the characters from C2 since they knew it'd be a long campaign instead of a oneshot and they're better for it. But I feel like I personally spent so much time with the C1 characters that I can't help but love them more than the C2 ones. At least so far.
C1 characters are pretty much the most basic archetypes of their class without much depth, I find. Buncha (really entertaining) murderhobos. There's moments of brilliance, mostly due to the players, but it's really broad strokes for a long time. Like you said, the cast learned a lot from C1 and spent more time developing the characters for C2.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

CuwiKhons posted:

That's only for the first couple of episodes but frankly the entire first arc is skippable. The only thing of note that happens in the entire Underdark arc is meeting Kima and Orion just starting to show his true colors. Try jumping to episode 14 or so.

Clarota is the only reason I recommend watching the first arc.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Adnor posted:

Secrets

Suvo's my new favorite NPC. :swoon:

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Dragonatrix posted:

Suvo's my new favorite NPC. :swoon:

What is it about Matt and the ability to just create insanely funny NPC's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

CuwiKhons posted:

My schedule has never allowed for live watching, but I've been following week to week since episode 8 and I'm with you. I like the c2 characters and think they have more complex characterization, but I still just like the c1 guys more, at least for now.