Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I chanced onto Critical Role at the beginning of Campaign 1 on twitch and followed it pretty regularly for a couple of months before losing track. Then I saw it start again for Campaign 2 and have been following it again. Don't get to watch it live most of the time but the YouTube VODs are great since it's not too hard to avoid spoilers usually. It was wild reading the episode summaries of the end of Campaign 1, I'm looking forward to seeing where things go during this campaign.

Overall I wish there was a little more combat and a little less world/character building but they're all so good at what they do it's hard to get too upset about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

The bit with Molly and Fjord managing to pull a hint of backstory and motivation stuff from Nott was great too.

Probably my favourite scene from the whole campaign so far. Molly's Devil Tongue out of nowhere leading to an amazing segment of acting/improv.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

CuwiKhons posted:

Or them focusing on researching the victim of the devil toad's attack in the first few episodes of this campaign when the victim was entirely random.

Haha there was this ridiculous phase where I think everyone except the players had figured out that they should be going after the toad and I was almost yelling at the screen "It's the toad! Go get the toad! gently caress!"

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Dragonatrix posted:

The mirror thing that was brought up before sorta plays into that as well. Percy invented stuff, and he wanted a giant glass lens to use against the Briarwoods because we knew at that point that Cylas was a vampire IIRC. That didn't pan out, so Orion decided to try and get a gajillion tiny mirrors instead to create his own Archimedes' death ray. It was never made explicit that it was for that purpose, but given the context at the time it was pretty obvious to like everyone watching that's what he was gonna do with 'em. :v:

To me it looked like, Orion had already had the same basic idea of using mirrors/lenses against the vampire. There's a moment where he realises what Taliesin was trying to build and almost tells him not to bother because he wants to do it. And then even after actual mechanical inventor Percy tries and fails he decides to go ahead with his more far-fetched solo plan and it just gets really awkward. You can see the frustration on everyone's face as he's going through his shopping list doing all this pointless stuff.

As for the most recent episode, hoo boy was that dodecahedron caper frustrating.They spent what seems like forever deciding that they didn't want it, and then as soon as they see the Empire get their hands on it they risk everything to get it back. And then Caleb refuses to investigate it fully despite Matt dropping hint after hint that it's not dangerous and they need to find out more about it. It was great seeing the DM jump on the chance when Fjord showed an interest in it and then audibly saying "gently caress!" when he failed his Arcana check.

I did like seeing the level-up rolls done live though, I'd like to see more of the finer details too but it would probably break up the flow too much.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Trinket on the other hand really never stops being a hassle.

Sam/Scanlans outright disdain for this bear being dragged around with them is hilarious, almost as good as any time they're trying to get through a tight spot and Matt asks "What is Trinket doing?" and none of them have remembered it's even with them.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Dexo posted:

My guess is the tiers are, starting from a million, go up 500k. Last stretch goal at 3 million.

Which they will most assuredly hit. Probably by the end of tommorrow.

You might be right, they just hit the third stretch goal at $2m. Another Vox Machina one-shot incoming!

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

I love the idea of making complex plans WHILE running through a jungle. It reminds me of Laura constantly wanting to move as quickly as possible and also not make any noise.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I think my enjoyment of Critical Role would be far greater if I'd never found out that other people watch it.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

The hag's going to know what happened as soon as they restore Nott, if not sooner. She talked about being linked to the people who she's cursed to feed on their misery so as soon as Nott's curse is lifted and the misery is gone she'll know she was made a fool of. Incredible move by Laura though.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Nemo2342 posted:

The hag "willingly" removed her link to Nott, so that's not the issue. The issue is going to be how long before the hag realizes that something is off and gets someone to cast Remove Curse/Greater Restoration on her. That's when she'll realize what Jester did to her and trouble will come calling.

She only had 24 hours of memory modified right? Surely she's going to remember that she WAS tethered and now she's not, regardless of whether she did it willingly.

E: ohhhh I get what you're saying. Yeah you're probably right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Matt builds some amazing battle maps but that one really is beautiful.