Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The problem they have is that the show is so big now, no matter what they do they'll end up pissing off a section of the fanbase and while it may only be like, 1% of fans, that's going to be thousands of people at this point so it will always be Loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Yeah, there is nothing particularly wrong with the corporatisation of the ruleset as far as I'm concerned, because the corporatisation is the joke. As the 'poke fun at ourselves in a knowing way as an advert' format goes it's well done and about as inoffensive as you can get. The problem with the whole thing is the corporation behind it enrichens some pretty awful people. That's the 'proper BS' part.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
My read on this person is they found an "in" with the CR team and ran with it, worked up to the point where they figured "ok I've convinced them this is work that needs to be done, now to ask to be employed so I can *really* feel part of the team!" and it turns out that the folks at CR think they're probably just better off handling it themselves, the plan is in ruins, and it's time to lash out.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
You can not like a creative decision taken because it makes it easier/possible for the cast to work with the assignment but at the same time it's not "unprofessional" to make that decision, in fact I'd say knowing when to compromise is one of the things that shows you *are* a professional.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I can see why UDW would have fans who loved it but it was 100% not the right pace/atmosphere for me, I can't even name any characters from it at this point.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The numbers are what's paid out on each account, so after Twitch take their cut but before tax.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
C2 somehow managed to be both full of overarching plot threads and also never feel like anything properly tied together. The whole Cognouza/Lucien thing felt like it just sprang up out of the ground (ha) as a final boss arc, and the individual character arcs felt incredibly abrupt in their resolution (either by suddenly being wrapped up in the last few episodes GoT style, or by reaching semi-solid endpoints earlier in the campaign but never revisiting any consequences of that).

It wasn't *bad*, and the whole thing at least made sense as a story once you lined it all up, but it felt bumpy and unsatisfying as a narrative journey towards the end.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Narsham posted:

Personally, I was more interested to see how things like Caleb's character arc turned out, because those were things influenced by the campaign plot but ultimately centered on PC interactions. C1 there was never a risk of the PCs working for the Chroma Conclave or cutting a deal with Vecna, though Matt dangled some possibilities. C2 always felt inches from disaster.

Yeah, this was definitely a big positive for me. Caleb's arc was very much in the foreground for much of the latter half of the campaign and the things we learned from it were main-plot relevant throughout, as well as introducing interesting decisions in the run up to the climactic battle.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Is the thread big enough for live spoiler chat to be split off into a separate thread maybe?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Nemo2342 posted:

From what I saw during C2, this thread is not at all active enough to support both a live watch thread and a discussion thread. Unless there is community drama we rarely have much to talk about other than the current episode, and most of that discussion tends to happen as the episode airs or shortly after it.

Bear in mind there will be people (like me) who avoid the thread entirely for weeks if they get behind for any reason until they have a chance to catch up. It definitely affected my posting in this thread (some might call that a plus :v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

AJA posted:

This show is broadcast Thursday. It is re-broadcast Friday morning. If you can't make those, it is put up on YouTube on Monday. Asking that everyone who watches it live/semi-live to wait until you've had leisure time to catch up seems a bit of a bridge too far for me. Living in the EST I understand the difficulties around a live-view, but I also wouldn't expect those who do to abstain from commentary and enjoyment just because I might not be able to do so. If you can't watch it live, just exercise the tiniest bit of self-control and don't click on this thread until you've caught up.

Seriously, unless you've got a scorching-hot take about a week-old episode, there really isn't any reason not to. (no, Twitter-drama doesn't count -- it's stupid and it isn't worth it)

This is why I think it might be worth trying the live watch thread idea: it allows everyone who watches it live to respond freely without messing with spoiler tags, but also allows people to discuss a show that has a LOT of scope for discussion outside of the current episode without having to avoid the thread for days on end.

Also it's a bit extreme to get this mad about someone saying they can't keep up in the same way as others, like come on man "*I* wouldn't expect others (me) to consider me (you) when consuming media we both enjoy" is peak selfish rear end in a top hat talk.