Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natroga
Apr 20, 2008

NowonSA posted:

I don't mind doubling up on classes as a general rule since often the characters will have really different personalities and different builds. Classes that have an inherent tie to a god like clerics, paladins, and quite often druids are also "safer" choices to double up on since there's inherently a stark difference in their beliefs and what their focus will be on. The most extreme examples would be an oathbreaker and a redemption paladin in one party, but even when it's far more nuanced the discussion about what their god is all about, why they follow them, and so on can be interesting.

I also feel that people vaaaaastly underestimate how long Laura will be gone. I honestly don't expect her back before episode 100. Babies are hard work, y'all. I'm guessing Travis will be back before that, but even that I'm not sure about.

Also: another lurker finally coming out of the woodwork! I've been with the show for about two years now. I caught up right between episodes 68/69 last time (aka the Week of Schrödinger's Percy) so all this hullaballoo felt extremely familiar. I also feel everyone's pain when it comes to finding a DnD group. I used to play 3rd Edition for a while shortly after college, but these days my shifts at work are so erratic that even thinking about trying to schedule anything as time-consuming as DnD gives my hives. I still miss it though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natroga
Apr 20, 2008
No, you guys are right, 100 is a little extreme. But still, 50 is the very earliest, I think. There's also nothing stopping them from jaegering Fjord and Jester. I kind of hope we get the actual players for the important emotional beats coming up, but except for maybe Ashley via Skype I think it's very unlikely.

But yes, clerics are great and you can never have too many.

Natroga
Apr 20, 2008

Josef bugman posted:

Should we have a thread bet? I will put my chips down on episodes 35-40.

Nah, I'm sure I would lose. ;)

Other things! I bet Talesin is very happy that his new character has a +3 CHA modifier.

Natroga
Apr 20, 2008

CuwiKhons posted:

Most of it's just showing off the studio but Marisha took a few questions and did in fact state that Travis and Laura would be back "very soon" and their son was going to be in the studio a lot. Eat it, naysayers. :colbert:

Hey, I'm as glad that they'll be back soon as any other fan! I just think it's what I would have done in her situation. But you guys are right, I thought of it as way more of a traditional job than a hobby they get paid for. Also, I think over here maternity leave (or technically "parent leave" since the father can take it or the parents can split it if they want) is 18 months, but don't quote me on that.

No but seriously, it'll be good they'll be back. Having somebody else act out their reactions to Molly's death would be weird. Remember when Scanlan left, and Ashley didn't actually get to react to it until he came back like 20 episodes later? (campaign one spoilers)

Natroga
Apr 20, 2008
FYI - for people who are into that sort of thing - the Vampire: The Masquerade four-shot(?) with Erika Ishii that they are currently running on Geek&Sundry is also really good.

And since they are clearly not above guest stars (ep 2 spoilers) Mark Meer out of loving nowhere!, I've not given up hope that Taliesin shows up.

Lid posted:

Hmmmm isn't mcglynn in the screw job too

Yes she is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natroga
Apr 20, 2008
I think the problem isn't that Obann is more powerful than them *in a fight*, it's that they would need to kill him, immediately planeshift to where ever the hell (literally) he is reforming and kill him there to get rid of him for good. He came back in like less than a day last time.

Natroga fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Oct 2, 2019