Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I'm glad there's a thread for CR! I'm not caught up on Season 2 yet, still have like 4 episodes to go. I do miss Grog a lot though..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFE2QIPsZwY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

In contrast, I just rewatched the two episodes with Darin De Paul and holy poo poo I couldn’t stop smiling anytime Sprigg was doing anything. That man is a goddamn delight.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I feel like, at least in campaign 1, most of the CR cast are constantly getting hung up on the wrong details or following the wrong plot threads. I do like the times you can see Travis figure it out, but just facepalm as the rest slowly catch up while he eats mayonnaise or whatever.

Actually now that I think about it, episode 2 of campaign 2 is just 4 hours of them following all the wrong leads.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I would recommend watching the live shows if you can. They are more performative than the regular shows and are just a lot of fun. Otherwise you don’t miss much.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I think Fjord is a big fuckin liar.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Once your players get access to teleport or a teleport-like spell it completely changes the level of choice and agency they have in the world. I think Matt is well aware, and is just savoring the early levels where he can prepare something and be fairly confident it will come up in the next session.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Perfect Potato posted:

I'm wrapping up the first series (Keyleth Slayer of Children lived up to her title in the most apt way possible by immolating that one girl almost immediately), but I'm wondering if Matt ever gets them to clean their loving dice trays out for the second campaign? The amount of cocked dice they roll is nonsensical

Its also super annoying because Wyrmwood/fans just throw merchandise at them all the time, so they should each have like 10 little dice holders for all of their sets and they should never be in the stupid tray.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Addamere posted:

I know nothing about Geek & Sundry outside of the first 20 episodes of Critical Role, and the only other thing I know about Felicia Day is that old "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar?" video from ages ago. Is she a big deal within some particular niche of the community or something?

She started Geek and Sundry

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Silynt posted:

They announced a Live Show One-Shot for January, and it’s going to be (Campaign 1 final episode spoilers)The Search for Grog in Pandemonium, with Travis and Liam playing new characters.

Hype As gently caress

I hope that somehow Percy loses an arm.

gently caress yes I'm so in.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Affi posted:

Quick question I’ll just be in and out real quick.

Should I watch campaign 1 before campaign 2?
I started on #2 because it felt more approachable. But now that I’m three eps in I wonder if I should just do campaign 1 first. (It’ll still take me years to watch it all)

Which one is best so far ? Finished product or the work in progress?

Second question: Can you check their stat sheets anywhere or maybe are there maps and collected information / fluff of the settings? (Preferably non spoilery)

Thanks.
2 is better, but 1 is still a good time and has some great moments throughout and very satisfying(imo) conclusion.

https://www.critrolestats.com/
Has all character stats from both campaigns, but also contains some spoilers.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

If you didn't realize Sam was a loving mastermind when Laura put on that witch hat then idk what to tell you.

Dude is ALWAYS in it for the long con.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Matt the Mercerful

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Patrovsky posted:

So I have just reached episode 44 of Vox Machina, and I can't believe we were deprived of the opportunity of seeing Vex haggle with the Raven Queen for her soul.

Oh she'll keep trying.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Quyen is incredible. I could listen to her talk for hours.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

It’s fuckin great that Liam made a character who solely existed to serve as a living reminder to the party that Vax is dead.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Might as well try to get the silly VM/M9 one-shot because I can't even imagine how they will do it.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Dameius posted:

Add 11 in there for a scheduled plot break because Dan Casey and Ify Nwadiwe are loving hilarious in it.

I wish Ify would come back in C2. Same character and everything.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I'm super hyped for an animated Briarwood arc just so I can see Scanlan's triceratops rampage.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

He should have been a bard

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Here's a post from CuwiKhons earlier in the thread that explains some of his on-air antics

CuwiKhons posted:

There were basically two separate issues - the first was that Orion had a sort of shopping list of like 5 things he wanted to do. The problem was they were literally just things for him to do alone. He wanted to go buy some super stupid stuff (he wanted a ton of mirrors for no reason anyone ever determined and when I say he wanted a ton of mirrors, I mean he was literally asking to buy a thousand small hand mirrors and shove them into his bag of holding. He was insistent that a city as large as Emon could provide them, despite Matt pointing out he was not realistically going to find a thousand hand mirrors anywhere), he wanted to talk to certain people only he cared about, etc. Basically completely solo stuff while the rest of the party had to sit there and watch him do it because he had ditched the group and decided to do it on screen instead of just loving talking to Matt before the show.

The second issue, and the one that made Travis real loving mad, was that out of literally nowhere, Orion mentioned Tiberius having "a half chub" from listening to Vex talk about their plan. When the rest of the group and particularly Laura reacted negatively to the comment (because it was loving gross and unnecessary), he tried to defend himself saying Tiberius just thought good strategy was hot or some poo poo. I don't know if he thought it was fine because Scanlan made dick jokes all the time or what, but there was a world of difference between the kind of jokes Scanlan made and the fact that Orion just out of the blue said "Man, my character is hard right now because your character is sexy to him."

I believe it's all in Episode 27, Orion's last ever episode, but I couldn't point you to a particular timestamp.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Dameius posted:

And just to emphasis his half chub joke, he grossed Laura out with it, and she is someone who is constantly making dick jokes and literally drawing dicks in her notes almost every episode. It was inappropriate regardless of who he made the joke towards, but it isn't like Laura is someone who wouldn't appreciate a good crude/off color joke.
Also it was just loving stupid because she is sitting right next to her husband who could literally break Orion in half with one hand tied behind his back.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I mean 10 million is a decent budget for an animated show and the amount of episodes they are making.

I remember reading/hearing Avatar:TLA was like 1 million per episode.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Jesus Christ Sam

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Also Matt was completely aware that the live episode at gencon couldn't just be 4 hours of traveling through the snow and fighting wolves and orcs. They had to put on a show(more than they normally do).

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ancient dragons are typically 800+ years old, and I think Matt said the "legend" surrounding this one goes about 600 years back. It's probably an Adult White Dragon and they are definitely gonna kill it.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I felt like she was doing it on purpose with a wink and a nudge to the audience/rest of the cast. I think its a funny dynamic with the M9 and hopefully there is more substance there or a plan to have her question her faith in her celestial overlord's morals.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

DeathSandwich posted:

Are you kidding me? Even if it wasn't directed specifically at the party "____ is bad and I kill bad people" was basically her catch phrase to a frankly insulting degree, especially now that the VOD is up and I watched the back half of the episode. It's to the point for me that I don't care if it's done on purpose as a parody of surface level morality. It's aggressively annoying and I don't like it. Nott had a piss-take early in the episode where he jokes "Jaywalking = Death?" except now it's basically not a joke.

:qqsay:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Who's ready for a dragon fight tonight?

Also according to twitter Liam wont be there tonight and Marisha is in charge of Caleb.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Fjord better start lifting weights and go Paladin.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

That purple alien device is totally going to be some sort of chroma conclave level bullshit they will have to deal with in 5-6 levels. Matt loves foreshadowing that kind of stuff.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Why isn’t Caleb wearing the elvish chaaaaaain

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I’m stoked for Paladin Fjord. I just wanna see the stats on that sword!!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Or a pub named The Mighty Stein

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

True neutral old female drow rogue. That's a woman with some stories to tell.

I did true neutral old female drow bard. A woman who will make sure you hear about her stories.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I would think it falls under parody territory, especially if it’s just him singing acapella with no backing track, but I’m not a copyright expert.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Bearded fjord is awesome.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

A non-binary changeling seems entirely appropriate, this should be a fun character! Can't wait to see who they get to voice, maybe multiple VA cameos for all the different forms/people they will be changing into?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Keru posted:

To get away from me being paranoid about companies using artists stuff and paying them in 'exposure', have some fall programming news for CritRole, including: a loving Paranoia one-shot!

https://critrole.com/hype-fall-programming-schedule/

Also, super stoked that they're getting Will Friedle to paint minis on their channel now, his show was great chill-out stuff on geek & sundry

Most importantly, Brian Foster is GMing a Deadlands game! I'm fuckin stoked for this.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ify Nwadiwe was also on that Paranoia one shot and it looks like they got him back for Sam's special secret one-shot next week.

I loved his character in campaign 1. Money talks, bullshit walks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/09/27/critical-role-funko-mcfarlane-toys-apparel-dungeons-and-dragons/

CR is getting action figures, books, and... Funko Pops?

Really building that media empire. Is it a good time to start saying we were into CR before it went mainstream? :v:

And look out for Wendy's new Spicy Scanlon Sandwich