Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Going back to music chat does anyone know the source/name of this track? (Spoilers for the recent Vox Machina one shot)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oclW3MXABA&t=2154s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Does anyone know where the music that's playing here is from? It's right after the break, for those avoiding spoilers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s0odp2AI_0&t=8332s

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

hollylolly posted:

How did Ukatoa/Avantika even know the orb was in the Amber Vault? It all points to someone keeping a close eye on them and we know Caleb can’t be scryed on.

I assume Uka'toa is aware of Fjord when at sea, and in the last ep Avantika was using some sort of magical device to scan and locate the orb at closer range. They waved it around and pointed it at the Amber Vault and it got dispelled. I think.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There are a lot of them...

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

Grog's One Shot - Bunions & Flagons

Both Honey Heists

The Search for Bob

The Nightmare Before Critmas

Sam's Crash Pandas. If only to see how little Sam knows about cars

These are all great, but I'd add that there's a 3rd Honey Heist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whbc64O0Yik

I'd also recommend Stephen Colbert's Adventure for Red Nose Day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3658C2y4LlA

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

And on if Cree is the one doing the scrying.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

50 minutes for the payoff to something great that's been building up since episode 1 or 2 seems about the right amount of time to me. Ashley and Marisha were awesome, it was a really touching.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

I didn't get a cringy vibe at all. The introvert coming out of her shell to the person she loves, after finally getting over the grief of being a widow, was endearing.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

redbrouw posted:

I am the one who used the word cringey first and also a nervous bisexual. Relatable is the bedrock of cringe. Unfortunately the word has a lot of bullshit associated with it from reddit.

What I meant was is that I could see myself on that date being either one of them as I cycle through being the one who chooses words extremely carefully and the one that blurts stuff out. But Yasha takes 10 minutes to say things with a lot of ums and ahs sometimes and that can be boring.

That's not how I thought you meant "cringe", that makes a lot of sense.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

I'd love to see them try The Burning Wheel, what with it being very player driven.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

pleasantly surprised to see there's a one-shot tonight.

Slaughter is killing me

What one-shot are y'all talking about?

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Antitonic posted:

I’d assume this Elder Scrolls one:

Oh cool thanks! :v:

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Mistress of Coin!

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Halas bad, don't overthink it.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

It's not awkward by default, really. It's D&D, wherein DMs portray characters of all backgrounds all the time, it's not like it's automatically disrespectful.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Other than the general chaotic energy of the party (which is great) kind of veiling how portentous or not the events in the game are, I think this is also down to none of the NPCs coming across as very serious. There's lots of whimsy going on where it doesn't necessarily feel well placed.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Aimee Carrero can and should come back any time, she's incredibly funny.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

I think the only thing that I really disliked about the campaign (and which will make me sound old and crotchety), was the way some NPCs all spoke like, for want of a better term, millennials. I know this is probably not an accurate description and anyone feel free to offer a better way to express it, but I just found it very jarring sometimes.

:corsair:

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Sure, but incorporating slang in to, say, a conversation with a god or whatever, just sounds off to me.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Froghammer posted:

If you've watched a whole bunch of Critical Role but never actually played, the change must have felt jarring

I think it's just a matter of taste, I've been playing D&D for 25 years.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Gotta protect your IP, simple as that. Copyright law and such.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

It just looks like US copyright law

It's this. Like yeah it sucks seeing this kind of thing peek through cause it seems counter to what CR is all about, but they're not exempt from having to do this kind of thing. Don't wanna end up like Xerox or Kleenex or whatever.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Volte posted:

Those are trademarks, not copyright.

Oh yeah that's right, thanks for clarifying.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Silynt posted:

I saw a lot of reaction on Twitter of people expressing concern over the lack of an exception for small scale and limited run commercial products.

I'm struggling to see why anyone would think they can make money off someone else's property.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Silynt posted:

Truthfully, I don’t really care about the commercial impact on small scale merchandisers all that much. To me, the problem is that CR is a company that was grown on the back of fandom art creations, to the point that they broadcast 30+ minutes of newly created art every week.

No it wasn't, it was built on the back of their D&D game which they live stream and which people love. Showing fanart is being nice and appreciating people who appreciate you, which makes those people love you more, that's not the same thing (though it obviously helps).

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Liam or Laura as a Kenku, though I'd probably want them to die about 10 episodes in.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Starting at level 8 or so would be pretty sweet. I don't mind the 3 out of 4 week rotation at all, I just don't want them to tinker with the main campaign format too much. I need my comfort food.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Abisteen posted:

I wish they would have reevaluated the start time of their broadcasts since they're sticking with pre-recorded. Even an hour earlier would make it so much easier for typical work schedule east coasters to watch at least until the break each episode.

20:00 instead of 21:00 on Mondays would be nice, yeah.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

I hope the new campaign has as little combat as possible.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

I agree about the live posting. The show is released at a reasonable-ish time

I agree with the sentiment that it's up to individuals to avoid spoilers, I usually just avoid the thread between Thursday and Monday. I just wanted to reply to this post to point out that other time zones than the one you are in exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

I'd watch the gently caress out of CR: Space Adventures let me tell you.

e: On Mondays after avoiding this thread for a few days. :v: