Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Hopefully Ashly sticks around for one more week at least to work with the fallout or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Hulk Smash! posted:

Any particular reason why Ep. 31, a ~3 1/2 hours episode, is in two parts on G&S Twitch?

The stream hiccuped and cut out for a few seconds in the middle of it. The VODs are just recordings of the streams, unedited.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Jesus Christ, is Sam using his giant flask for its intended purpose? If so, how is that man still alive?

On the other topic at hand, the only exposure I’ve had to D&D is this and the D&D campaign on the LP subforum that included medibot, panzer skank, gharbad, either chip cheezum or general ironicus and a few others I forget ( which was a lot of fun, a lot more comedy focused than CR), so I appreciate a deep dive into the rules, even if it’s a slow burn. This show has piqued my interest in D&D even though none of my irl friends are really into this sort of thing. If I can find a group to play with in the future I’d at least like to know the ins and outs as best I can.

Have I got good news for you: that gang still does live play podcast as Six Feats Under. http://www.sixfeatsunder.com/

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

This is all just a leadup to introducing semi-regular guest Dee Bradley Baker.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The Blink Dog has, like, actual mechanics, so I reckon that they'll have a puppy pal for a long while.

Hopefully. :ohdear:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Tonight's a one-shot, right?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

That was his last episode, right? The same one where he pervs on Laura something fierce and between that and the shopping bullshit Travis legit looked like he was going to flip the table and strangle him.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Jetrauben posted:

I seriously thought Lorenzo might be. It was fairly horrifying.

That said, Matt has said things which indicate to me a TPK would not actually end the campaign, and that instead they'd like have an Orphean breakout scenario or some other way to have the entire party being defeated only start a new chapter of their arc.

I think he was slow-playing the Lorenzo fight-- Molly's death wouldn't have happened if Molly hadn't knocked himself unconscious as Lorenzo was making a beeline for him, ready to attack. Lorenzo would've knocked Molly out with the first strike and given him two failed throws with the second, then Molly's periapt would stabilize him on the next turn. By knocking himself out, the two strikes killed him, and there was no narrative reason for Lorenzo to NOT carry out the attack he was already going to.

On the TPKs, in his DM tips series, Matt went over scenarios where a TPK isn't a campaign killer, using those sort of techniques. The only times that I think would've been 100% campaign enders were late-season stuff, like Keyleth dying while they were plane-shifted in the prison or a TPK against Vecna.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

RC Cola posted:

God drat episode 85 was amazing. Later scanlan
Did the rest of them know that was happening?

Nope! They didn't know that Scanlan would leave. And they DEFINITELY didn't know that Tary would come in. In fact, SAM didn't even know that Tary would come in-- he didn't think that Matt would bring him in until the next week, so he wasn't fully prepared. Doty is a name he just made up on the spot, IIRC.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

RC Cola posted:

Yeah I'm 30 minutes into 88 now. He's a loveable bafoon. Also without the world ending the cast is being less melodramatic which is nice. I want to see Ashley interact with Tary

Yeah, Pike and Tary are going to have an interaction that's maybe my favorite of the entire campaign.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Oh my GOD.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I love the idea of a character being secretly lawful evil or something like that. It's like the Mole, except they don't know they're playing it.

And less Anderson Cooper.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

This has fallen apart so god drat hard, it's amazing.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

At minimum, Jester’s mom is going to think she’s dead because of the guards seeing her illusion.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

RC Cola posted:

What are all the one shots that I should watch? I just hit the time skip And want to watch some of those before I dive back in.

Honey Heist is one, definitely-- both the first and the second were great. First's on G&S, second's on CR's channel. I haven't got around to Liam's Quests, which folks seemed to like, and also Travis's oneshot where he DMed as Grog.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'm watching Crash Pandas and oh my god Sam genuinely does not know how a car works, like, not in the least. It's amazing.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The VOD is gonna be poo poo, probably, too. I’m... not excited about transcribing this one.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Lol they skipped back twenty minutes

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Firstborn posted:

I'm subbed with the free thing from Amazon Prime, and yeah, the audio is hosed on the VOD. Gonna just wait for the YT on Monday and hope the subtitles fill me in.

The subtitles are fan-made and won't be up for a week or two after the VOD is posted, so... good luck!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'm watching the final fight of campaign one for the first time properly.

God, I had read folks talking about Sam's sad little "nine", but oof, hearing it and watching him deflate as everyone cheers and goes on with the fight is rough.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

If im going to start on the main campaign. Are the youtubes better? The podcasts are going to be easier to fit into my schedule, but if the videos are worth it i'll use them instead. Thanks!

The videos are nice to get some of the nuance in performances, and occasionally there's some good visual gags, but nah, you can probably get away with podcasts, or switching between podcasts and videos as you want.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Man, of all the games for Laura to miss, it had to be this one.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Spooky. She sent that as I was typing apparently.

God, poor Jester when she finds out. :ohdear:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Always neat to have folks start up. Just, uh... don't get too attached to Orion. You'll see why.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'm gonna take a stab and say that there's been some sort of settlement behind the scenes that includes a non-disclosure/non-disparagement agreement that bought out Orion's share of the Critical Role IP. I'm not entirely sure how they could get away with separating from G&S without addressing it.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Orion also does some insufferable poo poo the episode before he vanishes. Like egregiously poo poo.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

He managed to successfully filibuster!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

eke out posted:

I must've missed that - because I heard the part where Matt said he'd literally designed three other maps because they could've ended up in multiple different places depending on how they'd done the unlocking, and could've gone in different directions depending on which door they picked. Also he strongly implied there was a whole lot more stuff he'd already designed - like when asked if the stained glass window could work as a portal to other areas - and that he was looking forward to seeing what people will do with it.

i definitely got the impression so much work had already been put into it that it was intended to stay with the party, but if anyone would put an insane amount of work into something only intended as a one-off adventure I guess it would be this dm

Yeah, he said near the end that he had expected her to keep it. He's already committed to there being 100 chambers... and there is, theoretically, a big-rear end room in there filled with treasure and nothing to guard it... so I would expect they're going to be ducking back in a bunch. Maybe as a time-warp-- "oh, we're going to be travelling like a week on this voyage or whatever, Yasha, do you wanna watch the orb while we go dungeon crawl?"

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Virulence posted:

I think after it happened he talked about being especially freaked out about having to create a new character because he was INSANELY busy with a ton of different projects and was really anxious/worried that he wasn't going to have enough time to do a good job with it.

Things have worked out really well, thankfully.

Yeah, IIRC they mentioned at some point that everybody at the table was supposed to have a backup character for if their characters get killed, so that they don't have to do all the character creation immediately upon their death. In this case, Molly WAS Taliesin's back-up from the first game-- he's said that if Percy died permanently, Molly would be part of a circus travelling through Whitestone roasting Percy through song. When Molly died so relatively soon, they didn't have a new backup ready, and it bit them. I assume that everybody's made sure to have one ready to go just in case now, even though they're heading to the point where a permanent character death isn't as prominent a threat as it once was.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I still think that Matt is going to take over Fjord at some point as an evil NPC, and Travis will roll a new character they recruit to help stop the new big baddie. I wouldn’t be super surprised if Travis and Matt had planned the turn from the start of the campaign.

We’ve not seen anyone’s alignments, remember! :tinfoil:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I hope that the turn happens in the middle of a game and Matt just seamlessly starts speaking for Fjord, and Travis just packs up his stuff and leaves the table with a silent smile.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I totally forgot about this and missed it; was it good, is it worth a watch?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I’m using my night off from Critical Role to catch up on Steven Universe, which is actually fulfilling my angsty lesbians quota pretty nicely.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

They might also be using those tweets as promo tweets.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Keru posted:

There's a 100% chance Sam didn't tell anyone else about this, outside of Matt. Not even Liam.

I would be disappointed if he DID tell anybody else. Holy poo poo.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Jeez, I thought this was going to be her backstory for like months now and it's still sadder than I thought it'd be. :smith:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Silynt posted:

It’s interesting to me that the gender-fluid subset of the queer community that has latched onto Molly, who was definitely bi but to my knowledge was male. Also, is Taliesin queer? If I can say this without stepping into the realm of rude stereotypes, he certainly looks the part, but I thought that he has a wife? I admit that I’m not part of the community so there are definitely nuances there that go over my head.

He talked about being bi on an episode of the Wednesday Club a while back.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Talks Machina is now available for free on the critrole site, including the formerly Alpha-exclusive after dark segments.

https://critrole.com/filter/talks-machina/

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I mean, it's working, I'm gonna watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Nemo2342 posted:

Hooray for spending Valentine's Day with our favorite misanthropes!

:yeah:

I was thinking that the week break would be, I don't know, announcing a split from G&S and rearranging the shows or something. I guess it was just a week break.